Status: active

Easy to Fall in Love

I know I sound crazy, don't you see what you do to me?

I stirred and wrapped my blanket tighter around me. Adam scooted closer, laying his arm over me. I basked in the glorious warm feeling of waking up completely comfortable. I slowly opened my eyes, peeking at Adam. His head was face down in his pillow, hair sticking out in every direction. I smiled and closed my eyes again, trying to fall back asleep. I was almost out when I heard my door knob jiggle and turn. Then it was thrown open and a heavy object landed on my bed.

"Hunter I'm going to kill you." I tried kicking him off, but Adam beat me too it. Within seconds Hunter was sprawled on the floor and Adam was lying down peacefully.

"I knew you guys had a thing, but wow, this is very adult." Hunter raised his eyebrows and smiled like he's funniest person in the world.

"We didn't do anything." I put an emphasis on anything and threw a pillow at his head. "Asshole," I muttered. It was true, we hadn't done anything but sleep. Not since "the night". Adam and I agreed that it wasn't either of our finest moments of judgement and taking it slow was a good idea. "I'm going to shower," I grumbled and dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom.

When I was done I pulled on some clothes and walked out. Adam and Hunter were sitting in some chairs drinking coffee.

"We were just catching up," Adam quickly said when he saw me.

"That means we were talking about you." Hunter sipped his coffee.

"Awesome." I pulled on some shoes and rolled my eyes. I looked between the two of them for a couple seconds. "It's a little weird how similar you guys look."

"You think so?" Hunter asked.

"Uh huh."

"But obviously she thinks I'm cuter," Adam piped up. I walked over to him and he pulled me into his lap.

"Obviously." I kissed him.

"You two are nauseating." Hunter turned away and laughed.

"Thank you," we said in unison. Adam pressed his lips to my forehead and I could feel him smiling.

"Okay this is too gross. I'm going to go settle back in." Hunter got up and left the room.

"He's gone. What do you feel like doing?" Adam whispered in my ear. A shiver of pleasure ran down my spine and I bit my lip.

"Hmm, I don't know. I'm hungry, we could go get something to eat..." I reached my hand up to run my fingers through his hair.

"We could do that...or we could go back to where we were before Hunter interrupted us." He trailed little kisses down my neck.

"Mmm," I purred. I slipped my hands under his shirt, tickling his sides. I tugged at the cotton of his shirt, pulling it over his head and throwing it onto the floor. "Sounds like a good idea to me."

Hunter stood up, bringing me with him. I wrapped my legs tightly around his waist and placed my hands on the sides of his face kissing him hard. We both fell onto the bed, still attached.

"Hey I forget to tell you guys..." Hunter barged in. He saw us and instantly retreated.

"Shit." I groaned and wiggled out from under Adam.

"I'm actually going to kill him. I will actually kill him." Adam got up and stalked towards the bathroom. "I need a cold shower."

I snorted and called out to Hunter.

"You can come in now!" Two seconds later he entered my room timidly. "I think knocking is something you should take into consideration."

"Yeah well next time my cousin and my friend hook up, I'll think about it." He picked up a book off my dresser and skimmed the back. "How do you feel about getting some breakfast?"

"I feel pretty good about that. We'll just wait for Adam to get out of the shower."

"Nah, let's just go. Adam has to take care of his stuff and I think we should talk...alone."

"Um. Okay. I'll be out in a minute." Hunter went out to the car and I peeked my head into the bathroom. "Hey Hunter and I are going to get some food. I'll bring you back something, okay?" Adam's head popped out from behind the shower curtain.

"Never thought I'd have to compete for my girlfriend's attention with Hunter."

"Girlfriend?" I walked into the steamy room.

"Is that okay?"

"It's more than okay." I kissed him slowly. When I pulled away I smiled. "Now finish your shower." I patted his cheek and walked out.

***

"So you, and Adam. Hooking up, bumping uglies, jumping bones, doing the deed, getting it on."

"Don't be so crude, okay?" I popped a french fry in my mouth. "It's not like that, anyways."

"My ass."

"I'm being serious." I looked down to hide the color rising to my cheeks. I wasn't sure if I was ready to talk about Adam and I. Or anything going on in my screwed up life, really.

"Wait a second. Are you telling me this thing between you two is more than...well sex?"

"Are you asking if I have real feelings for Adam? If so, then yes," I snapped.

"Calm down." Hunter placed his hand on mine. "Just tell me everything. Start to end."

"It all just came out of nowhere... Adam was just there."

"You need to start making sense."

"At first it was just a harmless, flirty conversation. Then he came over and wanted to go out. I was expecting Justin so he left. Then Justin and I had the huge blowout over Sarah, and there Adam was again! He wanted to know if I was okay and he was so sweet. I was too vulnerable, so of course I slept with him. Then I bolted again and unlike most guys, he came back. He wanted to actually go out with me. Can you believe that?" I took a sip of my soda. "I decided that if Justin didn't want me, I should give him a shot. And I'm really glad I did. Things are really, really good."

"So this isn't a rebound?" he asked skeptically.

"At first it was. Now, it's for real. He's...right. This feels right."

"So you have no feelings for Justin?"

"I'll always have those 'feelings' for Justin because of the bands. But this is different. I've accepted him as just a friend. I want to be with Adam."

"Good. I just hope it stays that way when he gets back."

"Me too," I murmured. Me too.
♠ ♠ ♠
this sucksssssssssss