Status: active

Easy to Fall in Love

Please don't remind me, put your past behind me. It shines so bright it blinds me.

After our brunch, Hunter went to Adam's to help out, so I agreed to watch the front desk. I sat back idly in my seat and flipped through a magazine. I played spotify on the computer and softly sang along.

"I got a little place back home with the parents and a warm bed. I got a little girl back there, but she doesn't seem to know it yet. I should be holding my tongue, oh I gotta let her know, that I got a good girl on a good day." I mumbled under my breath.

"Excuse me miss, could I speak to someone in charge?" came a voice above me.

"Well they're out and to be honest I have like no authority here, but..." I looked from my magazine and my jaw dropped. I jumped up and ran to give Justin a hug. I threw my arms around his neck so he picked me up and squeezed me. "I'm so happy you're back!" My voice was muffled in his neck. I pulled back and he looked into my eyes.

"Me too." He pulled me close to him again. "So how's it been lately? I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you." He leaned against the counter and cracked his knuckles. I watched for a few seconds, feeling completely content that he was back.

"Little this, little that." I tried to keep it nonchalant. I shut my laptop and sat back down in the desk chair. I was trying to figure out how to slip Adam into a conversation. I felt weird about it, but I mean we're friends. Friends can tell friends anything.

"We're back!" Hunter's voice boomed from outside. I hopped up to meet them at the door. Hunter came in first and saw Justin.

"Hey man, it's good to see you!" He clapped his back in a bro-hug they started in on some conversation. Adam came in next and smiled sweetly saying, "Hey babe." I saw Justin glancing over out of the corner of my eye as he swept me up into his arms and kissed me. I guess I didn't need to explain much. After we finished, I took a second to remember where I was. Then I looked at Hunter and Justin. Justin, at this point was full-on gawking. Hunter nudged him and said,

"They're disgusting, right? This morning I walked in on them-"

"Alright that's enough," I interrupted him. "Don't you two have more stuff to do?"

"Nope. All done." Adam wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. He rested his chin on my shoulder.

"How about we go out tonight? We could call Austin, too." Hunter piped up.

"Nah, he texted me that he was home an hour ago. He said he was going to crash for at least twelve hours. His family really wore him out."

"Oh. Okay. Still, we can go out." All the boys looked at me.

"Sure, I guess. But it's only like 3," I pointed out. I stroked Adam's hand absentmindedly. Then I noticed Justin was staring. He cleared his throat.

"Well I should get unpacked anyway. But, we'll hook up later." He started for the exit.

"Okay I'll see you then." I smiled and waved.

"We can find something to do until then, I'm sure." Adam kissed behind my ear and made his way down. I started to giggle until I remembered we had an audience. I swatted him away.

"Yeah. See you soon." Justin gave me a weird look and then left.

***

"Are you almost done?" Adam called from the bed. He was laying there and I was doing my makeup in the bathroom.

"Almost, I promise!" I did one more coat of mascara and then walked out.

"Whoa." Adam jumped up from the bed. "Are you sure we can't just stay in and...you know."

"If I recall, you boys were the ones pushing the night out. I'm just obliging." I stood in front of the mirror and adjusted my very short, tight skirt.

"I'll say." He kissed me and I looped my arms around his neck. Then there was a knock at the door.

"Coming!" I pushed Adam away and answered the door.

"You guys ready?" Justin looked at me and then at Adam, who was behind me.

"Yeah." I grabbed my bag and walked into the cool night. I heard Justin in the background say,

"You got some lipstick on your face dude."

***

"I'm glad we got a cab, because I really need a drink." I thought out loud as we walked into a bar.

"I'm gonna hit the bathroom, will you order me a scotch? Adam kissed my cheek and walked away. I bit my lip and smiled all the way over to the bar. I sat down at a stool and Justin joined me.

"So...you and Adam are dating? I didn't even know you were seeing people."

"It kind of just happened - excuse me? Can I get a scotch on the rocks and a glass of red?" I turned back to Justin.

"You two seem really close...closer than two weeks." You could tell he was trying to be casual about his third degree.

"Well a lot has happened." I was trying to be as vague as possible.

"It just seems like something you could have mentioned. I mean, we only talked everyday."

"Look Justin - oh thanks." I took our drinks from the bartender. "He was really there for me when I was all alone. We became close. I really like him, we fit. Anyway, you have a girlfriend. Why are you being so obsessive?"

"That's what I've been trying to tell you; Sarah and I aren't together." Justin finished his first beer and then ordered another.

"Wait, what?"

"Yes I did see her in the afternoon and yes I did have dinner with her. I gave her back some stuff and then she invited me to dinner for 'closure.' I went and I guess she took it the wrong way. I have no feelings for her whatsoever."

"Oh." I looked down at my feet. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. It looked bad, I know."

"I shouldn't have jumped down your throat like that, though." I took a sip of my wine and swished it around in my glass. "I was really upset that night...just the idea of you letting her back in was driving me crazy. I didn't want you to get hurt...again."

"It's a little late for the again." Justin looked off in the direction of Adam, who was coming towards us.

"What?" I asked confused. He was being really weird with all the sideways glances and remarks with hidden meanings.

"Well for what it's worth, you seem happy." Justin walked over to Hunter just as Adam walked over to me. Again he was saying something I didn't get, but I could tell I was supposed to.

"You okay? You look preoccupied." Adam asked concerned. He set his hand on top of mine and brushed some hair back with the other.

"I'm fine." I smiled and remembered how much I liked Adam. I leaned over and hugged him.

"What was that for?" He asked when we pulled apart. He was smiling softly.

"I just think you're really amazing." I kissed him quickly on the lips, then pulled him up. "C'mon, let me step on your feet." I dragged him to the dance floor and we started to sway. It was one of those perfect moments were everything stops and it's just you, being happy.