Status: active

Easy to Fall in Love

if dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.

"Okay," Lila started slowly, "so you're telling me that this old family friend comes up out of the blue, offers to pay for you to travel."

"Uh huh." I nodded slowly.

"And she also wants to "emotionally support" you? Like be your friend?"

"Yeah." I picked at my nails and watched Lila's face carefully. She had a raised eyebrow that was silently asking if any of this was even true.

"And you've decided...?"

"I have no idea." I waited for her to explode

"Donia Hudgens!"

"What?" I asked defensively.

"We must had had hundreds of talks about this! You always are telling me how you want to leave Alabama. You want to take pictures and not have to answer to anyone. You want to be on your own, far enough away so no one you know can question your life choices. Isn't this exactly what she's offering you?"

"Well yeah, but..."

"But what? I'd give an arm and a leg for a chance at what she's handing to you."

"Okay, but I have so much more to think about than just what I want. I'm an adult with adult responsibilities."

"What could possibly keep you here?"

"What about work?"

"She's paying for you." Lila emphasized this with a smack on the counter.

"OKAY, but then there's school." I pointed out.

"School isn't going anywhere! Your credits aren't going to disappear just because you do."

"Well what about Arizona? My parents hate her!"

"Take her with you! And if you don't want to...I'll take her! Until you get back of course."

"Really?"

"Donia, I can tell you want to do this. Stop trying to talk yourself out of this. I'll do this for you if it means one of us gets to do something great." She gave me a meaningful look and walked over to a customer at a nearby section.

I could do something great. I, Donia Hudgens, have the chance to do something great.

***

The second I opened the door to my apartment I was greeted/jumped on by my dog.

"Hi Arizona," I cooed while petting my adorable pup. "Did you miss me?" She licked my face as if answering me so I laughed and replied, "I think so."

I walked into my bedroom and flopped onto my bed. I powered up my laptop and signed into my email. I paused.

"What do you think I should do Arizona?" I asked as she pounced on my bed. She barked at me. I patted her head and sighed. I was afraid of what I didn't know. I spend all this time saying I'll do something, and now I have the chance and I'm thinking of all the reasons not to go.

"Woof is right," I agreed. "You know I'm going to miss you." I stroked her head. "But it's not forever. And Lila is really nice. You'll like her." Arizona nuzzled my leg.

I started an email to Auntie May.

*I don't exactly know what to say to you. So I'll just say it. Yes.*

I sat back and waited. I don't know what I expected. No fireworks. No voice saying "congratulations, you're going to finally do something with your life" started talking out of my computer speakers.

I ding signaled a new email. The sender was Auntie May.

*good. I'm looking forward to talking to you. I have a gala to attend tonight, I'll call you tomorrow.

much love,
Auntie May*

So that was it. We'll talk tomorrow. It was all so simple.

"Arizona, I have no idea what I'm in for."
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY DONIA YOU STILL HAVE TO WAIT SOME MORE FOR JUSTIN