Status: This is a re-write to my first I Never Told You What I do for a Living. I've grown and so has my writing.

I Never Told You What I do for a Living

Four: Vampires Will Never Hurt You

I didn't get any sleep that night. My mind kept going back to Craig and the fact that I had just murdered him. Time was going by slowly and I was starting to panic.

"Rox," Gerard said, walking in with a newspaper, "They're saying it's a suicide. The amount of poison they found in his system wasn't enough to kill him. But they found different kinds of drugs in him. So it wasn't you, don't panic."

It was the third day I hadn't seen sunlight because of fear of being caught. My heart was sinking and I was starting to cry again.

"G-Gerard," I was speechless. No words can describe what someone feels when they're told that they didn't cause someone's death. but that's something many will not understand. My tears of panic turned to tears of joy, but after a few minutes the tears were of relief. Why? Because the man who had raped me killed himself. And I just helped him get to it faster.

"If you would've told me what he did to you -, gosh, I would've killed him myself." Gerard said. He was making a fist and kept hitting his thigh. He finally sat beside me and looked into my eyes. His were filled of anger and disappointment.

"I've been having bad thoughts lately." he spoke.

"What do you mean?" Craig's death had left my mind. And my only focus now was on Gerard.

"Since...you know? I've just had homicidal thoughts. And it's not toward innocent people. Just the ones who have no freaking head."

"That's exactly what I felt last night. J-Just, don't act upon any of those impulses. I think I might have gotten lucky."

"Please shower." he looked at me in an insist-ful face. I got up, grabbing my stomach as I walked. I was still in deep pain from the way Craig had raped me. Finally, I fell to the ground and attempted to get back up, "Roxanne, let me help you." Gerard said.

~

Gerard had been helpful. He helped me shower, went over to my dad's house for my clothes, and threw away the old ones. Anything that might have reminded me of that night, he took care of. Mikey was busy writing useless rants on paper. It was his way of letting all of his feelings out. Abbey hadn't been around since the previous night. The fact that my father didn't even bother to ask if I was fine was upsetting and sickening at the same time.

I was starting to wonder why I was sticking around. But he soon made me realize that it didn't matter how hard I tried, I would never be good enough for him.