Status: New. Active.

Soldiers of Distortion

Towards the Stars

“What do you mean the future is disappearing?” King Endymion stood up quickly as he slammed his palms against the marbled table. The same look of shock and terror was spread throughout the whole council. Sailor Mars' words hung in the air, haunting everyone as they imagined tomorrow not being there. As they thought of their family and friends.

“Not the future, per say,” Mars continued as she rose from her seat to gather everyone's attention. “What I saw was dark, the light from this future was dim. There was a ripple... or maybe it was more like a wave of a different future was clashing into the shore of this one.”

“What can we do to stop it?” Sailor Jupiter crossed her arms over her chest as she tilted her head. Her normally bright green eyes were now clouded with worry.

“We need to find what it is causing this time rift—these breaks in time.” Sailor Mars pressed her lips tightly together. No one knew what to say. What could they possibly do to save the future. To save the future of their children—their friends. All of the lovely beings of this world.

All they knew was that someone was tearing up the fabric of time. Playing with it as if it were a children's blanket.

Seconds seemed to pass like minutes. No one dared breathe a word. Sailor Mars collapsed back into her chair. Neo-Queen Serenity was the first to her side. “Rei-chan,” she spoke softly while running her fingers through her friend's hair. Sweat glided down the scout's face as she struggled for air. Visions were flashing through her mind. A planet. Then she saw the silhouette of a girl, someone she didn't recognize.

“Come on Princess—,” the name was blurred out, but the voice she remembered. The way they walked was as if they were related. The little girl's arm was intertwined with Prince Endymion's. He looked far younger than he did now.

But this wasn't the earth that she had grew up on. No, this was before her time, her past. Before everything was close to being destroyed. Who was she, and why did they need her?

Sailor Mars slowly opened her eyes and looked towards the king. “Did... you have a sister?”

“No.” He answered quickly. Then stopped. Something tugged at the back of his head. A distant memory. Did he? But how could that be when they were all supposed to have been reborn?

“You do,” Sailor Pluto stepped forward. Her knuckles going white as she tightened her gripped on her staff. “She's the missing Sailor Soldier, she's the missing key, and I have a plan.”

Sailor Pluto explained how she was going to need a squad. One that she could carry through space, even though it would be a very dangerous journey. One wrong turn—one simple mistake and someone could be lost for all eternity.

Neo-Queen Serenity protested at first to the thought of her own daughter leaving, her life would be put in danger and there would be nothing she could do. She wouldn't be there to save her. Both her and her husband, King Endymion, had a duty to perform. They had planets to look after and neither of them could leave their post. Neither could any of the other princesses.

This troupe would consist of Pluto, herself who holds the key to time, ChibiUsa, Hotaru, and one more. A soldier that has not yet awakened. They had agreed to leave as soon as the sun was up the next day. They would pick up this new soldier, and then they would promptly go back to the Silver Millennium, to look for this mysterious girl.

The meeting had come to a close soon after. ChibiUsa returned to her room to prepare for the morning's journey. She was more than ready to get back on the field again, to prove that she is just as good, if not better, as her mother.

Sailor Pluto, however, was leaning against a pillar looking up at the millions of stars. She never would have wished to involve her Small Lady in something like this, but she needed her help. “Shouldn't you rest?” Sailor Venus poked her head out from the pillar.

“Too much to prepare for.” Sailor Pluto sighed loudly. “I don't like having to awaken a soldier before her time.”

“We know. We hate it just as much as you do, but it seems the enemy knew that we would not be able to leave our kingdom for long periods of time.”

“Yes, it seems the enemy knows too much about us. I do not like that. I don't like being left in the dark, nor do I like that someone else can mess with time. It isn't safe.” Sailor Venus set a comforting hand on Pluto's shoulder.

“I do have a question, why only ChibiUsa and Hotaru-chan?”

“Well, two people that are the same person cannot exist long in the same time frame. One or the other ceases to exist. ChibiUsa was born in this era, Hotaru is only reborn, normally, when a planet needs to be destroyed so there aren't many instances of her existence.” Pluto never took her eyes away from the stars as she explained. Venus nodded as she finally understood. They said goodnight and then they both left to their rooms.

☾☽


Sailor Pluto was now in the court of another kingdom. A kingdom far from the reaches of the sun, far from Earth and the moon. “I have come with terrible news,” she bowed her head low. “We must awaken Sailor Pyxis.”

“Why,” the queen of the constellations asked. She sat with her back straight, hands folded neatly in her lap. Her dark ruby hair was swept into intertwining braids that looped up and around the back of her head. Pluto seemed to stand taller as the queen looked over her with cold distant eyes.

“Someone is messing with time, I fear that if it continues everything that we have worked for will be destroyed.”

“Who do you mean when you say we, will the council of the constellations be effected?” Sailor Pluto nodded.

“We all will be in danger.”

“Very well,” the queen nodded to the guard that stood at the door. He opened the door and left. Sailor Pluto stood with her hands clasped in front of her. An over bearing silence filled the room. She had heard how cold the queen could be, but she never imagined how intimidating. She couldn't help but wonder how the child grew up, she obviously didn't grow up the same way her Small Lady did.

Both of the doors swung open and in between two guards walked the princess, the sailor soldier. Pluto was mildly shocked. She had very kind eyes that made the whole room brighten up. Her red hair cascaded down her back, part of it was tied above her head in the same fashion that ChibiUsa's hair was tied. Two loose wisps of hair framed her face and gave her a more innocent look.

“Yes, my queen?” She curtsied and kept her head bowed.

“Princess Kotone, Sailor Pluto has come for you.” The queen stretched out her hand while standing up. “You are needed in a mission, I will leave you two to discuss the situation. I have more important matters at hand.” The queen left with a grace that was almost too painful to watch, she moved so fluidly.

“A mission?” Princess Kotone straightened up and turned to face the stranger in front of her. She was scared, but well prepared. Ever since she was little she was trained in combat, told that maybe one day she would have to fight for her people.

“Yes, I am sorry to say but you have got to awaken your latent abilities. You are a sailor soldier.” Sailor Pluto held a red pen capped in gold in her hand. At the top there was a large red jewel with what looked like stars on the inside. Kotone walked over slowly, scared and curious all at once.

She was a Sailor Soldier? Is this why she was trained to fight even though all anyone ever said was just to defend her people? She took the pen from Pluto, it was warm. “Now, all you have got to say is Pyxis Crystal Make-up.”

“Will it hurt?” Pluto shook her head and smiled softly at the girl. “Okay...Uhm, here goes nothing... Pyxis Crystal Make-up!” she held the pen up. She was over come with a warm sensation. It felt like being wrapped with a nice soft blanket. When she opened her eyes she had completely changed. Her previously white gown was now a sailor uniform. She had red shoes with red rings that circled her legs, white skirt with red ends, a long red ribbon on the back, fingerless white gloves and red cuffs. Her forehead was hot as a golden tiara appeared that covered up her pyxis sign.

Sailor Pluto nodded in approval. “Time to go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness of the story. I was getting sleepy and am ready to get the introductory chapter over with. If you see any mistakes please point them out and I will fix them immediately.
-Bonkers.

A better picture of Sailor Pyxis