The Invisible One

Train

I went straight to the back of the train and got into the very last compartment which also happens to be the smallest. Once I was in there I darkened the windows so that I could change into the robes early so I could sleep completely on the ride and not have to rush. I kept my jeans on underneath the skirt because I detest skirts so much. I hate dresses and skirts, one of the reasons why I didn't go to the Yule Ball last year. I had just finished when there was a knock on my door and it opened before I could tell the person to go away. I looked over to see the boy wonder himself, Harry Potter. The one who survived, the one who has defeated Voldemort many times, the one who will save us all. Bullshit! I'm sorry but what everyone fails to remember is that there was always someone there to help him. His parents when he first met Voldemort, and now he's got his two friends Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasly. Not to mention the countless number of people who have also helped, mainly The Order.

"Oh sorry. I didn't think anyone else was in here. Would you mind if I join you? All the other compartments are full." He asked holding his owl's cage and a bag probably holding some of his more important things.

"Really? All of the 384 compartments on this train is full?" I said in a tone that I hoped would deter him from wanting come in.

"Well maybe not all of them but they are either full with people I don't know, people that hate me, or people that don't believe me that Voldemort is back. This is my last hope." he said looking at me. I sighed and thought it over for a minute.

"Fine you can join me. I'm probably going to sleep for most of the ride so if I fall asleep try to keep it down and tell Weasly when him and Granger come to check on you to keep his fucking voice down. If he wakes me up then he will have hell to pay, I'm worse then his brothers." Harry winced at that.

"Thank you and I will let him know. Hey wait you have a Gryffindor crest but I've never seen you around. What year are you in?"

"This is my fifth year, same as yours and the other two." I said laying down on the bench seat and using my backpack as a pillow.

"That can't be true. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed you throughout the years. Also where are you from?"

"I'm from America, born and raised. Also you never noticed me because I never brought attention to myself. I like staying in the background."

"Well if you're from America, how come you're going to Hogwarts? Aren't there wizarding schools over there?"

"There are but it was my parents dream and wish for me to go to the school that they went to, so my aunt and I are respecting that wish."

"Was?"

"They were killed by death eaters when I was seven."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"I know." I cut him off before he could go into any rambling sympathy speech he might or might not have.

"Oh I'm Harry by the way, Harry Potter. You are?"

"My name is Ebony Moonstone." I told him before closing my eyes and letting myself fall asleep.

[bold]*****[/bold]


I don't know how long I was asleep for before I heard the compartment door bang open.

"There you are mate! We've been looking all over. Do you know how annoying prefect duties are? I really wish-"

"Ron hush! There is someone sleeping ever here?" I'm guessing Hermione yelled in a whisper.

"Sorry. I didn't see her. Have you been here the entire time, even while she was asleep?" Ron asked.

"Yeah and you really want to keep your voice down. She said you will have hell to pay for that's worse then your brothers." Harry said.

"I doubt she could do anything that's worse then Fred and George."

"I wouldn't bet on that so quickly Ronnie." I said opening my eyes and sitting up.

"My name is Ron not Ronnie and who the hell are you?"

"No your name is now Ronnie and my name is Ebony. Now either quiet the hole you call a mouth or I will quiet it for you by making you have a repeat of what happened to you in second year when you broke your wand, plus some." Ron's face went really red at that, either from anger or embarrassment I didn't know which.

"How do you know about that? I don't ever remember you being around the castle." Hermione asked.

"Of course you wouldn't. You were always too busy with your nose in a book, keeping these two out of trouble, or hanging out with Ginny. I was always in the background." I said with a shrug.

"What house are you in?" Ron asked.

"She's in Gryffindor. Look at her crest." Harry said before I could get the chance.

"Impossible. What year are you in?" Hermione asked.

"The same as you, fifth."

"But I've never seen you before I remember everyone in our year." Before I had the chance to prove her wrong the compartment door slammed open again. We all looked over to see Draco Malfoy and his goons.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me if you love it or hate.

Kitty