Status: One Shot For Allison!

Smoke And Water

Weapons to Ocean

Zayn blew out a puff of cigarette smoke as he watched all the kids going house to house. Halloween was one of his favorite holidays. Being from Bradford wasn't something people liked. There wasn't much kids that weren't from around here trick or treating. The one’s that were not were either dared or actually had the balls to walk down these streets.

“Zayn,” he heard his mother call, “your sisters want you go trick or treating with you.”

“I’m not going mum,” he replied when he saw her at the door.

Her body looked deflated when she heard his reply, “and I really wish you’d stop smoking.”

“Yeah, me, too,” he smirked at her.

“Zaynnnn,” his youngest sister whaled, “why can’t you come??”

“Waliyha,” Zayn sighed, “I don’t feel like it.”

“Please Zayn,” she pouted her small lips, “pleaseee.”

“Fine,” he jumped up from his position on the couch, “just this once.”

“Thanks Zayn,” she bounced, “I love you!”

Zayn’s little sister went to go get his other sibling, Safaa. The two of them were inseparable. The younger girl came back, ready to go.

“Let’s go,” she urged.

Zayn just chuckled at her youth. Even though he loved the holiday, he thought it was a waste going trick or treating. He could easily buy the girl any kind of candy she wanted. I guess she didn’t see the point in him buying her candy. She loved walking around and seeing all the decorations nonetheless.

It was pretty early when the trio had left, but when they got home it was almost nine at night. Zayn rushed to his room to get changed. He put on his costume and made sure he had everything he needed. Checking and re-checking how he looked, he decided to finally leave the house.

“Zayn,” his mother called as he was about to open the front door, “where are you going?”

“I told you,” he looked at his mother as she popped her head out from the kitchen, “I had a Halloween party to go to. Plus, I took Waliyha and Safaa out to get candy. Don‘t I deserve a little fun?”

“Alright,” she eyed him, “don’t be back too late.”

“Mum,” he sighed, “you know how old I am right?”

“I don’t care,” she threw at her son, “bye,” she returned to what she was doing.

Zayn mumbled incoherently to himself as he left. He revved his cars engine and sped off to the party. There was only one reason he wanted to go. He hadn't seen her in ages and hoped that she was there. Zayn still had strong feelings for her.

Parking his car, he checked his costume. Maybe he should have picked a better costume. Perhaps something more expensive? Something more eccentric?

When he walked through the front doors, he was greeted by many people he knew and didn’t know. A lot of the people at the party was kids he used to go to school with. A few of them he knew from around town or local hang out spots.

“Zayn,” he snapped his head to familiar female voice.

“Oh, hey Charlotte,” he smiled at the girl.

“Oh, come on, now,” she swatted the air, “I haven’t seen you in years and that’s all you have to say.”

“Have you seen Allison?”

“I have,” she nodded as she twined her arm around the boys shoulders, “I am her best friend after all.”

“Don’t forget why things didn’t work out between us.”

“I do remember,” she laughed, “she doesn't need to know,” Charlotte nudged Zayn’s side.

“Char,” he groaned annoyed, “can you stop. I liked Allison and you thought I wasn't good enough for her.”

“Yeah,” she snorted, “and you still aren't.”

“Fuck off,” Zayn pushed the girl away and searched for his old crush.

He ran up and down stairs numerous amounts of times. Little did Zayn know, Allison spotted him. She didn’t want to run into him. He was only bad news to her. He messed with her best friend and just royally pissed her off.

Allison tried to hide behind any and everything possible, until she ended up in the backyard. She took her drink with her and downed it. She threw the cup in a trash she found in the back and sat on white plastic chair. She lit up her cigarette, in hopes of calming down. It helped, until Zayn stumbled through the double doors.

“Allison,” his voice shouted in surprise, “how-,” he hiccuped.

“Zayn,” she blew out a ring of smoke, “are you drunk?”

“Maybe a little,” he pinched the air, squeezing his eyes in the same fashion, “but,” his eyes popped open, “I found you. I wanted to talk to you.”

“Not in this life time Zayn,” she stood.

“Pleaseeee,” he whined, “just for a minute.”

“Why Zayn? So you can tell me how much of a bitch I am?” she snapped, bitterly.

“No, no, no,” he slurred, “I know you’re not a bitch,” he shook his head, “you are a great person,” he nodded, “truly amazing, “ he shrugged, “it’s Charlotte that has problems. Yup,” his head bounced, “she made everything shit.”

“What the fuck are you talking about Zayn?”

“She’s the one that kissed me that day, two years ago,” he stepped closer to the girl.

Her long brown hair caught the chill breeze. It swept it up and entangled strands of her light brown hair. Her arms crossed over her chest. The cold air didn’t help her sparsely clad body. Her choice of costume wasn't the smartest, but she adored it.

“Zayn,” her voice was a whisper now, “I don’t think she would do that.”

“And why not? She knew how much I liked you. She’s the one that never trusted me,” his voice was loud and uncontrolled, “you’re the girl I fell for,” he took another step towards Allison, “I told her about it. You know about it,” he paused, “knew about it.”

Allison took a deep breath, “well,” she cocked her head to the right slowly, “Charlotte has been my friend for about nine years, Zayn,” she recalled the first day they met.

“Yeah,” he agreed, “but, people change.”

“Whatever, Zayn,” she snapped, “you hurt me.”

“I just want to know one thing,” he pushed.

“Did you feel anything for me?” his eyes sparkled in the moon light.

Allison was taken aback. Of course she had feelings for him. She was basically in love with the boy. But, Charlotte… Charlotte was the one to change her mind. She mentioned that Zayn was just another vain boy. He was just like any of the guys that went to their school. Allison’s mind was flooded with thoughts of her past now. It all made sense now.

“Zayn,” Allison’s eyes sparked.

“What?” he looked broken.

“I was in love with you,” she bit her lip.

“Then why-” he was lost for words.

“I never told you. You never knew, did you?”

“No,” he shook his head, clearing it, “should I have?”

“I thought Charlotte told you. She said she was going to.”

“You put too much trust in that girl,” he was a foot away from Allison now, “Allison,” Zayn brushed the strands of brown away from her rose colored cheeks, “if you’ll forgive me,” he breathed, “can you please be my girlfriend?”

Allison’s eyes fluttered at his touch, “I-” she stuttered, “I wou-would l-love to.”

Zayn then wrapped his arms around the petite girl. He lifted her from the ground and spun her. He finally got the girl that wouldn't escape his mind. No matter how many times he tried, it was pointless.

“I missed you, Allison.,” Zayn kissed the top of her head.

“And I missed my little solider,” she nestled her head in the crook of Zayn’s neck.

“I think this mermaid needs a jacket,” he chuckled, giving her his camouflage jacket.

“I don’t think Charlotte was ever a good friend.”

“No,” Zayn chucked, “she never was.”

Allison looked up at her boyfriend and smiled, “you think she could live without me?”

“I’m sure she’ll survive. She’s definitely a trooper,” he laughed.

“That’s for sure.”

Allison held onto Zayn’s hand as the two waltzed back into the loud house. They never left each others side and had fun without any alcohol or hopeless flirting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this was for Allison. I truly hope you like it. If not, I can write something else. I feel so bad. I felt like this was a sorry excuse of a One Shot. :(

X Dani