Butterfly Kisses

1/1

I watched as he and his broom cut through the sky. The pitch’s field was empty, aside from the flying god I couldn’t take my eyes off. The field was empty; the bleachers, on the other hand, were not. They were occupied by girls spread throughout the area.

I was one of those girls. We were all watching him, pretending we were the only ones here with him, hoping it would actually happen.

Pansy Krum. I thought it sounded quite right, but what name didn’t fit perfectly with his. Nobody paired with him could ever be imperfect; he had enough perfection for as many girls as would take him, and that number could be compared to the stars in the sky, the number of products made in China, or the number of times I thought about him in a day.

Viktor Krum was the most gorgeous boy ever to set foot on that pitch. I could have him. If I had Draco Malfoy, I could have Viktor Krum. I knew I could.

I watched as he landed his broom and hopped off with poise. I envied that broom. He spent more hours with that broom than with any person; he cared for it more than he cared for himself.

He looked up in the stands at all of us watching him. I saw him smile at the ground. He was enjoying it. He enjoyed making all of our hearts go mad.

I couldn’t spend one more moment in the stands watching him. I walked down from the stands and followed the corridor, to the entrance to the pitch. He watched me step onto the grass, giving me a challenging look. I kept walking towards him and when I reached him, I stuck out my hand.

“Pansy Parkinson,” I announced, smiling. He took his hand in mine, shaking it gently, and smiled back.
I saw jaws drop in the stands.

“Viktor Krum,” he replied.

I was in heaven.