A Dad is a Son's First Hero and a Daughter's First Love

Your Not Going To Mess This Up

Kate's POV
The crowd roared as the final siren went off. They had won, the Penguins had won the 2014 Stanley Cup.
"Omg! They won!" Vero and I jumped out of our seats and cheered.

We screamed in sync as everyone around us began hugging and celebrating, "Did you see my man?" I pointed out to the ice.
"Yours? What about my goalie?"

"Oh my god! V, V, Veronique!" I latched onto her arm.
"What?" She frowned at me.
"I think the babies are coming," I could feel myself beginning to panic.
"What?!" She looked worried, "ok whatever you do stay calm."
"Don't tell me to stay calm! You stay calm!" I knew shouting wasn't really helping but it was making me feel better as the pain ran through me.

"Kate are you ok?" I felt a pair of large hands grab me and hold me up. I looked back to see Mario's worried expression but at the same time felt some relief.
"The babies are coming," I panicked.

"Mummy?" Asher's little questioning eyes were painfully cute.
"Nathalie can you look after Asher," Mario took charge and I was thankful.
"Asher sweetie I love you, stay here and daddy will get you ok?" I kissed his forehead.
"Ok," he ran to Nathalie's side as I Mario and V were whisking me away.

Evgeni's POV
As everyone else's family rushed to great them I was upset when Kate didn't appear.
"Evgeni we have to go," my mother grabbed my arm and began dragging me from the ice.
"What? Why? Where's Kate?"
"She's gone into labour," my mother continued dragging me towards the locker room.
"But she still have a month to go?"
"The babies are coming Zhenya, they aren't going to wait another month."

"Geno where are you going?" Sid knocked my shoulder as he headed back out to the ice with his sister.
"Kate's in labour," I was still coming to terms with it myself. I was about to become a legitament father.
"Take care of her," I went to turn around, "and G," he got my attention back, "don't worry you're not going to mess this up you will be a great father," Sid knew how scared I was and the reassuring words from my captain made me worry a little less.

I don't think I have ever gotten undressed from my hockey gear and into my suit quicker then I had now but I was determined to be there for her.
"Daddy?" my head shot up to see my son confused and looking rather scared.
"Asher come here," I put my arms out to and held him tight.

I felt bad that he didn't understand what was exactly going on. He knew his brother and sister were coming but he didn't get why he wasn't allowed to be with his mum.

Kate's POV
"Kate just relax," Vero was trying to help me stay calm as the doctors were attaching things to me while the poked and prodded at my stomach.

"Evgeni thank god," I sighed in relief as he rushed into my room.
"I am here," he looked frazzled as he grabbed my hand, "are you ok?"
"Yes, you won," a smiled crossed his face.
"We did but not matter now," he lent down and kissed me reassuringly.

"Oh my god!" I screwed my eyes shut as the pain ripped through me again.
"It's ok, just breathe," he squeezed my hand but it wasn't going to help.

I could see his hand going white as the death grip I had on his hand only got tighter as the contractions got closer and more painful.

I was laying in my side completely exhausted already, trying to keep it together as Evgeni rubbed my back to try and help ease the ache.

I reached behind me trying to find his free hand, "what?"
"Hand."
"What?"
"Give me your hand!" I latched back onto his hand and wasn't about to let go anytime soon.

I was a mother full of emotions, in pain and desperate for this whole thing to be over. I was sure his hand could stand to be numb for a while because nothing he had ever felt would amount to this pain.

"Alright Kate one of the babies is breeched and going to make this a little more difficult but don't worry we have everything under control."

"I am so tired," I was sure I was going to collapse in exhaustion .
"Just relax. I here and I love you," he ran his hand through my hair and kissed my forehead. I was just thankful I had someone by my side this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Stanley Cup Championship and becoming a father in one night, I think it's a good way for this part of Geno's life to start :)