A Dad is a Son's First Hero and a Daughter's First Love

The Whole Family Is Down

Kate’s POV
If I was worried about Asher being sick the night before I was freaking out when Luka and Lacey both woke up sick.

“Evgeni the twins are sick,” I knocked on the door to the bathroom.
“There is something wrong,” he looked dead when he opened the door.
“Sweetie, are you ok?” I ran my hand over his forehead and he was red hot, “omg you need lay down,” I grabbed his arm and led him over to the bed.

He began moaning and clutching his stomach just like Asher had when he woke up in the middle of night, “I will get you a bucket just wait,” I began panicking.

Everyone was sick but me. I could deal with it if Evgeni was ok but I had him to look after as well, “Just watch the kids,” he shut his eyes as I ran my hand through his hair.

Evgeni’s POV
I don’t know where it had come from but the sudden on set was killing me. My stomach felt like it was tightening all time but nothing would come up which hurt even more.

“Babe just drink some water,” Kate looked worried as she carried Asher into our room and put him in bed next to me.

“Daddy,” he moaned as I pulled him into my side.
“It’s ok buddy,” I ran my hand over his forehead and he was just as hot as I felt, “he is really hot.”

Kate rushed over and felt his head, “I feel cold,” he snuggled into me more.
She was about to reach out and grab him but I kept with me, “you go look after the twins.”

Kate’s POV
It must have been some bug going around because when I ran Ksenia to ask for some help she told me that everyone over there was sick too. We didn’t know why just they were all really unwell.

Lacey seemed to be the best out of all them, she threw a few times but was ok after that and by lunch was a reasonably happy little baby again, which I was thanking the lord for.

“Look at our boys,” I stood in the door way with Lacey cradled in my arms.

There Evgeni was spread eagled on the bed in a pair of boxer shorts, Asher snuggled up next to him and Luka curled up on his chest. They were too adorable. I had to take a picture and send it to Ksenia.

Ksenia: “Precious :) just like mine.”
I got a picture back of Sergei passed out on the couch with their two little girls tucked up under each of his arms.

It sucked that they were sick but they were too adorable to be completely freaked out by it.

“Let’s get you fed and ready for bed missy,” I took Lacey and put her through her normal bed time routine. I was just so relieved that she was being such an angel for me and went right to sleep.

I took Luka from Evgeni and woke him as gently as I could. He burst out in tears and Evgeni was shocked awake.

“What’s wrong?” he was sweaty and pale and looking overly paranoid.
“Just go back to sleep,” I kissed his forehead and pushed him back down to the mattress.

He didn’t resist me at all and was flat on his falling into a deep sleep once again.

I was trying as hard as I could to not upset Luka, but he needed a bath and he needed to try and drink.
He squirmed, kicked and cried for a good hour before finally giving into his bottle and even then he wasn’t happy about it.

I was just thankful that by the time I was burping him nothing had come back up. It was looking like this would be one of those 24 hour bugs that are just inconvenient.

“Alright you two need to each something,” I carried in some toast and biscuits and a heap of water for my two special boys.
“I don’t… I don’t want to,” Evgeni rolled over and encased Asher in his arms.
“Just please, for me,” I put my hand on his shoulder and he soon gave in.
“Fine, but if I sick again your fault,” he sat up leaning against the headboard.
“Just eat.”

He was being a whole lot more difficult than the twins put together and even Asher kind of just slept. But Evgeni was like an over grown child with the bad case of the man flu.