A Dad is a Son's First Hero and a Daughter's First Love

The Mice Will Play When The Cat Is Away

Kate's POV
With the wedding plans getting full on taking up all of my time and Evgeni getting ready for the season with training camp and endless trainings our house and family time had been progressing rather slow for awhile. It was going to take about 9 months before it would be ready to move into and for us that would be perfect timing so we could spend some of our summer enjoying our new life.

"Can we go skating tomorrow?" Asher looked up from his bed as Evgeni tucked him in.
"Will see bud," I lent down and kissed him goodnight.
"But..."
"No buts, go to sleep," I touched his nose before heading towards the door.
"No worry, I take you skating tomorrow," I heard Evgeni whisper to him.

"I can't keep doing this," I sighed relaxing into the couch.
"I know, is hard," Evgeni pulled my legs into his lap, "foot massage?"
"Mmm yes please," I could swear my body switched straight off I was so tried because the next thing I knew I woke up to Asher lying in between us repeating words in Russian that Evgeni was saying.

"Good morning you two," I rolled over and wrapped my arms around Asher using him for a pillow.
"Mummy," he giggled.
"What?" 
"You're squishing me," he tried to push me off.
"Are you calling me fat?" 
"Yes," he continued to giggle as I looked hurt.
"Ash never call girl fat," Evgeni pointed at him.
"So now your giving him girl advice, he is 4," I frowned.
"Never too young to start," he shrugged.
"Then I guess I can give Lacey boy advice?"
"No Lacey never have boyfriend, boys are bad," he shook his head.
"Mummy," Asher grabbed my face before Evgeni and I got too caught up in our little thing, "Most beautiful girl ever."
"Aww did you hear that?" I lent down and kissed his forehead.
"I know, I agree," Evgeni smiled sweetly.

"What is going on in there?" I frowned hearing some very loud baby chuckles coming from across the hall.
We all climbed out of bed and headed into the nursery to see the twins sitting in their cribs laughing at each other.
"What are you two doing?" I couldn't help but smile at there happy little faces.

"They laugh at this," Asher went up and poked his tongue out at Luka who began giggling away. It was amazing how much Asher knew about the twins, he spent more time with them, learning what the do, what they want and what makes them laugh. Luka opened his mouth and Lacey began laughing before rolling over in her bed. These two were bound to lighten up the place wherever they were, they would be in the spotlight making everyone laugh.

Evgeni's POV 
Kate and I hadn't had much time together, just the two of us. So after practice I took the kids over to Veronique and Marc's to have some parenting training.

Lacey cried and cried not wanting to let go of me and eventually her tiny hands let go of me and she found Marc to grab on to.
"See she likes you. Crying scaring first, now ok," I watched as he looked so uneasy holding her.
"Hold properly," I grabbed his hand and put it on her back, "hug, she like hugs."

"If you need just ring, but we have fun so no ring."
"Bye daddy," Asher jumped into my arms.
"Cya, you be good, help Auntie V and Uncle Marc."

I reluctantly left our impossible to please children in the hands of our in experienced friends to go spend some time with my beautiful fiancée.

"Everything all good?" Kate looked up from her wedding planning folder.
"Everything fine," I flopped onto the couch next to her putting my arm around her and letting her settle into my side.
"Are you happy with the colours?" She pointed to the main colours of our wedding; red and gold.
"I like red, you look sexy in red," but I wasn't interested in talking about the wedding.

"Oh ok," she was surprised as I situated us on the couch so we could kiss.
"When was the last time we had sex in the middle of the day?" she said between kisses.
"When was last time we had sex?" I looked at seriously.
"Too long, but we have all the time in the world right now," she pulled me back down to her.

Kate's POV
I woke up on the couch wrapped in the blanket that was usually on the back of the couch to the smell of apple pie in the oven. 

I had no idea where any of my clothes were all I could find was my panties and Evgeni's shirt. So when I walked into kitchen sure enough there Evgeni was shirtless washing the dishes.
"What are you doing with the apple pie?" I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into his back.
"No kids, do what want, eat what want," he turned around in my grasp and wrapped his arms around me as equally tight.
"So you want to eat dessert for dinner?" I looked up at him.
"Yes," he lent down and kissed me before moving back to finish the dishes.

"I can't wait until the house is built," I sat up on the bench, "it's going to look amazing, and it's going to be all ours."

"We get spa bath in bedroom?" Evgeni asked as he emptied the sink.
"Of course, whatever we want."
"Good and then we have new rooms," he walked over to me.
"What does it matter about new rooms?" I frowned as he stepped between my legs.
"Exploring," he began kissing my neck.
"Oh yes exploring all the time," I wrapped my arms around him.
"All the time," he groaned as I grinded my hips into his.