A Dad is a Son's First Hero and a Daughter's First Love

I am One Scary Mother

Kate's POV
Jack was never the kind of person to answer the phone when you needed him to. He always had something better to do, or had it always turned off but this time he answered straight away.

"Kate," he sounded rather happy to hear me, "how are you?"
"Yeah good, yourself?"
"Yeah I am good, how is Asher?" 
"He's good, has his first hockey game tomorrow," I was definitely excited about that.
"He will be excited about that."
"He sure is."
"Look Jack, I wanted to ask you something," I gulped not exactly how to ask so I was just going to say it, "Evgeni and I are getting married and we were wondering if you would... If Evgeni could adopt Asher."

He was silent for a while and I was certain he had hung up.

"Uhh, I don't know."
"Jack, you said yourself you wanted Evgeni to be his father, why can't you just sign a few papers?" I had a feeling he wouldn't go for it. I mean it was hard enough to get custody of Asher in the first place when we got a divorce and I could guarantee he would be going to his mother again. She was the reason I almost didn't get my son but thankful the judge was a smart man.

"Maybe I have changed my mind."
"You haven't changed your mind, your just making a irrational dicision right now."
"I am not."
"Oh come on don't be such a child, Asher is more grown up then you. You haven't had anything to do with Asher since his birthday last year. I thought you had changed, but maybe I was wrong. I guess we will be seeing you in court again sometime."
"Kate..." I hung up I wasn't going to even bother trying with him anymore.

"So?" Evgeni looked hopeful.
"He doesn't know," I sighed flopping onto the couch next to him.
"How he not know. He want Asher or not," he looked frustrated.
"I know, I think there is something more to it though. He said I am good, now I might be looking into to much but he usually says we, his wife and daughter. I think there is something going on."
"You detective," he smiled kissing my cheek.
"I am a protective mother and I will find everything to use against him to keep my little Asher," I corrected, "so if you ever mess up I will make sure those twins are mine," I narrowed my eyes at him.
"I never like Jack," he shook his head rejecting that possibility.
"Good," I grabbed his chin and kissed him hard.
"You scare me sometimes," he smiled before moving his kisses along my jaw and nipping at my ear.
"I scare myself sometimes," I laughed as his breath tickled me.

"Mummy," Asher stood at the bottom of the stairs rubbing his eyes.
"Yeah sweetie?" I pulled away from Evgeni and opened my arms to him.

He ran into my arms and I pulled him up into my lap where he snuggled in with Evgeni and I.

"Is Jack going to take me away?" He peered up at us.
"No," I ran my hands through his hair, "as long as we are here Jack will never take you away from us."
"Don't worry," Evgeni kissed his forehead.

Our 5 year old shouldn't be worrying about stuff like that. He was so grown up sometimes dealing with stuff he shouldn't have to. He had fought through cancer, surgery, various treatments and now he was worrying about his biological father taking him away from us. It wasn't going to happen.

Evgeni's POV
"Come on little man," I picked him up as he began falling asleep in Kate's arms.
He moaned wrapping his arms around my neck as I carried him up to bed.

"Goodnight buddy," I tucked him in and kissed his forehead.
"Goodnight daddy," he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a kiss goodnight.
"I love you," I ran my hand through his hair.
"Love you," he rolled over grabbing his teddy.
I have him a lasting kiss on his forehead before heading out the door.

"You are amazing," Kate came up and put her hand on my back as I stood at his door watching him.
"Just me," I shrugged putting my arm around her.
"Well I love it when you are just you," she lent up and kissed my lips.

"How about I thank you for being you," she grabbed my hand and led me to the bedroom.
"Don't need," I followed happily, but I wanted her to.
"Well I want to," she pushed me down into the bed and straddled my lap.

She grabbed me behind the neck and pulled me up to her crashing our lips together. 
"Move back," I loved when she took control, ushering me up the bed so I was sitting against the headboard.

"Kate," her name slipped from lips as her hands ran up my chest before pulling my shirt off. 

"No," she batted my hands away as I reached for her singlet.
"But..." 
"I said no," she smiled that sexy, seductive smile I could never say no to.

She climbed of my lap and began getting undressed in front of me smacking my hands away every time I reached out for her.

"You don't listen do you?" she flashed her famous smile and crowded me against the headboard.
"No," I smiled into the kiss as she nipped my bottom lip.

"Oh god," I sighed as she slipped down on top if me.
"I know I am heavingly and all but I am not god," she laughed setting my hands on her hips.
"Oh Kate?" I curled my eyebrow at her.
"That's more like it."

I usually would have gotten impatient and flipped her over and taken control. But I was so turned on I couldn't think, I couldn't muscle up the energy to fight her so I watched as I slipped in and out of her. Letting my hands explore her skin and making her moan with my kisses.  

"Evgeni," she put her hands on my shoulders trying to grind harder on me.
"Here," I panted grabbing her hips and thrust up into her.

"Kate..." I was losing my breath.
"Babe, Evgeni, let go!"

We fell apart at the seams completely spent. 
"Oh god," she shighed letting her head fall into the crook of my neck.
"Evgeni not god," we both laughed lamely.
"I love you," she kissed my lips and ran her hand through my hair.
"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
This couple is my favourite by far, trying to keep this teenage appeal to them.

hope you guys like it :)