A Dad is a Son's First Hero and a Daughter's First Love

Turning A New Leaf

Kate’s POV
“So what do I do?” I was hoping Olga could help me with what happened last night.
“My friend had this same problem,” her accent was rather thick but I could understand her more than Evgeni sometimes, “her daughter was not happy about their newborn either but she got her to help out with the baby.”
“I try and get him too,” I frowned not seeing how it worked.
“But Evgeni clearly doesn’t, that’s why Asher is angry with him not you.”
“I guess.”

“Did you have fun ice skating with daddy?” I asked as Asher came running in the house.
“Yes, it was so cool,” he climbed up onto the stool with a big smile.
“Did you beat him?” I ruffled up his hair.
“Me and Uncle Denis beat Daddy and Pop,” he looked proud as Denis gave him a high five.
“They cheated,” Evgeni grabbed him from the stool and hung him upside down as Asher screamed.

“Daddy stop,” Asher chuckled as Evgeni tickled him with his free hand.
“Denis hold him,” Evgeni handed our son over to his brother still hanging by his feet.
“Daddy!” Asher screamed as Evgeni tickled him with both of his hands.

“Stop!” Asher begged as his face went red, “I can’t breathe,” he began silently laughing.
“Alright here,” Evgeni grabbed him and placed him on the floor where the little blonde boy wobbled on his feet.

“You ok?” Evgeni steadied him.
“Yes,” Asher grabbed a hold of Evgeni’s arm.
“Not finished yet, I get you,” Evgeni tickled him lightly before Asher ran away.
“No Daddy!” his high pitched voice echoed through the house and Evgeni chased him.

“He is a great father,” Olga smiled at me.
“Yeah he is,” I thought about how truly lucky I was to have Evgeni in my life, he was the best thing to happen to me, “Denis wouldn’t be so bad,” I pointed to him sitting in front of Luka in his highchair.
“Babies not so bad,” he shrugged.
“So we can have kids?” I don’t think I had ever seen someone smile as big as Olga was.
“I don’t see why not?” she jumped into his arms.

If this was what Evgeni and I looked like from someone else’s point of view then I would think we were the most clique couple out, but I didn’t care.

Evgeni’s POV
“Alright where my twins?” I walked into the lounge room, Asher following close behind me to see them laying on their play mat with Kate.
“Umm Evgeni, can I talk to you for one second?” she got up and pointed to kitchen.
“Sure,” I followed her.

“I was talking to Olga today and well to really fix this thing with you and Ash you are going to have to include him more with the twins and you. Now he really loves to help me feed them so maybe you could set him up on the couch with one of them and you hold you other.”
“Ok whatever I have to do, I do,” I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her lovingly.

I walked back into the lounge room while Kate made their bottles for them. There Asher was sitting next to them on the floor playing with their little fingers and toes.
“Hey Ash, you want to feed Luka while I feed Lacey?”
“Yes,” he looked up with wide eyes.

I got Asher comfy of the couch and placed Luka in his lap, “watch his head,” I set his arm up with a pillow to help him cradle him properly.
“Here,” I set him up with the bottle in Luka’s mouth, “keep it there.”

I picked Lacey up and sat next to Asher while he fed our little baby boy.
“Look at you,” Kate came in and knelt down in front of Asher, “your getting to be such a big boy,” she smiled rubbing his leg, “and so helpful.”

I knew if we kept this up Asher would turn into the perfect big brother, he just needed some time to readjust.

“Kate?” I rolled over in bed and wrapped my arms around her waist.
“Yeah?” she grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight.
“When you tell Asher about real dad?”
“I don’t know,” she shrugged.
“He is going to find out,” I sat up not being able to sleep thinking about the day it would happen.
“Asher is always going to love you the most,” she sat up with me.
“How you know that?” I frowned.
“Because he worship’s the ground you walk on, he wants to be just like you and if you go along with it he will love you forever.”