Smile

{Five}

Several Years Later...

"...And that's how it happened," I said, looking into my friend's eyes.

"Wow," she replied. "And what happened after that?" She glanced at me so curiously.

I thought for a moment. "I don't really remember anymore..." My voice faded away.

Helen is really great. She's my long-time childhood friend. We go to the same high school together, and she's my best friend. My closest friend.
Actually, she has the same spirit as my grandmother.

She's kind, gentle, sweet, intelligent, and real best-friend like material. She'll be there for you, no matter what.

"I'm sorry. About your...grandmother," she said.

I smiled at her. "Oh, it's not your fault. I mean, people said that it was time for her to...leave."

She grimaced. "C'mon, let's go. We might be late for Algebra III."

"Right." I packed my things and carried my bag with me as I walked beside Helen in the hallway.

After Algebra III, probably my worst subject yet, I sat down in the patio outside, sipping my Coke Zero, with confused thoughts clouded my head.

Then, Mikey approached me.

"Yo, bro!" he exclaimed, sitting down on the chair across from me.

"Hey," I reply.

"Wassup?"

"Nothing much. But why are you all smiles today?" I cock an eyebrow.

"Oh? You noticed?" He flashed a big grin at me. "Well. . .Alicia's bringing me to a special place later on in the afternoon. I have no clue at all what it is. All she said was that we're going to need a car, my driving skills, and a lot of energy. And, she said the place is green, with a lot of people, and trees everywhere. Have you gotten a clue on what that could possibly be?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed. You idiot, I thought. "You idiot."

Mikey narrowed his eyes and became into tiny slits of anger.

"It's the park, dork!" I exclaim. "Man, maybe her too-many clues weren't enough for that tiny little brain of yours."

"You know, you didn't answer my question yet," Mikey said.

I sigh. "Well, I just told Helen about Grandma Elena's story, and, I feel that feeling again. The feeling that this is all my fault. I'm so disappointed in myself, that I hardly have the guts to try and even remember what happened after you, Mom, and Dad came to the hospital. This are so unclear," I told Mikey.

"Well, I gotta motor," Mikey stood up abruptly. "I have to meet Alicia in a while. See ya, bruh!"

I sighed and slouched in my seat. "Mikey is so immature."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if it's short.
But the story itself is pretty short. Please bear with me. . . I mean, things--ALOT of things have been going up lately.
But, please comment, thank you so much!
:)