Status: Active

Two Kids Stupid and Fearless

Taking Care of Business

*Jack's POV*

I rolled up the sleeves of my hoodie, ready for a fight. That son of a bitch had turned Mia against me. He told her that I had done all the awful things that he had did. When I get my hands on that little blonde piece of shit, he's going to regret ever being born.

I will never, ever, forget the way Mia's face looked as we fought. She looked deathly afraid of me. She looked like I was hurting her. I would never in a million years, want Mia to be afraid of me and never in a billion gazillion trillion years would I intentionally hurt her. Her big brown eyes, normally happy and content, were terrified and broken as she tried to leave. They were burned into my skull.

I couldn't believe this. This whole deal with Eric had been done for years. I mean, yeah I still didn't like him, and I was still recovering from all the money he borrowed from he to support his bad habits. That's partly why I needed a roommate. But I didn't think he would try something as bad as this. She almost left! Because of some stupid charade Eric made up, she tried to leave me. I almost lost her.

I hadn't completely forgiven Eric, but it's not like I was out to get him either. And I thought he felt the same. This, though– this was low, even for him. My biggest question was why. Was it against me? Or Mia? It had to be me, he barely knew her.

Something told me he wanted to turn her against me, and make her trust him. To mess with me. Oh god, what if he forced her into doing...things...with him? What if he got her into drugs? What if he used her to get drugs?

Something else, deep down, told me that this was about Hanna. Ever since she killed herself, Eric refused to believe it. And if he couldn't have someone to love, nobody could.

That dirty little shit.

"ERIC WILLIAMS, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!" I yelled, pounding on his door.

He opened it with an evil smirk on his stupid ugly face. "How nice of you to drop by, Jack," he greeted.

I pushed him up against the wall and kicked the door shut behind me. "Cut the shit, Williams. What do you want with Mia?" I asked, grabbing a fistful of his shirt.

He didn't say anything. He just laughed with that creepy smile on his face. I slammed him against the wall. "Listen, Eric. You better talk. I want answers and I will get them." I tried my best to act tough, but on the inside I was breaking down.

"Let's just say her family owes me a favour," he finally replied. He kept smiling.

"TELL ME," I yelled, punching a hole in the wall next to him. He didn't even flinch. I punched him hard on the jaw and let him fall limply to the floor. He didn't say anything, just laid there, so I turned to leave. I was just opening the door when he spoke.

"Fifty-five out of fifty-six murders solved that month, Jack. One, one was left unsolved." He whispered, voice raspy and cracking.

I turned around. I knew it. Hanna.

"She didn't kill herself. She was murdered. But they didn't believe me." He confessed. A few tears came out of the corners of his eyes before his face grew dark again. "So I'm going to ruin them," he finished.

I knelt beside him. Finally. I didn't want to beat him up. But I knew he wasn't going to cooperate. Now we were getting somewhere. "Who? Ruin who?" I asked, softer this time.

"Jenovic Law," Eric answered. "I'm going to use their little Mia to ruin their business. They don't deserve the money they get. They deserve hell. My Hanna didn't commit suicide." He looked up at me and I almost felt sorry for him.

Almost.

I stood up and kicked him in the ribs. "You're fucking disgusting, Williams."

He chuckled again. "I know."

"You're not going to lay a finger on Mia. Or I will personally break every bone in your sick twisted body," I threatened. I spit on his face for good measure and opened the door to leave.

His voice was barely above a whisper as I shut the door.

"Good luck, Barakat."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow Eric you asshole. I hope you guys like this chapter. The next two will be quite long, so prepare your bodies