Status: Active

Two Kids Stupid and Fearless

Tough Decisions

*Jack's POV*

It was four thirty, and the boys and I had just finished unloading the bus. We could've done it yesterday morning, which was when we got back from our tour promoting our new album, but we were all tired and we were still renting the bus until Monday.

"Another tour coming to an end, boys. Let's celebrate," Alex announced from atop an amp box. He popped open a bottle of champagne and took a big sip. "To Don't Panic!" He yelled, raising the bottle.

"To Don't Panic...." The rest of the band and crew yelled half-heartedly. Honestly, all of us were way too tired to party. We had just gone two months staying up all night partying and playing shows. All I really wanted was to go home and sleep.

And see Mia.

Mia. She was amazing. I've known her for less than a day, but I think I have a little crush on her. I've never seen a girl that can be so adorable yet so beautiful at the same time. And she put up with my bullshit! I really had expected her to leave after I told her she had to live with me. I mean, that's what my last girlfriend did. Not that Mia is my girlfriend. Yet. What?

Even though I had convinced her to stay, I was feeling a bit unsure about the whole letting her stay thing. I knew eventually I wouldn't be able to control myself around her anymore, or she would get sick of me and move out, just like every other girl. I could put another ad on Craigslist, and tell the truth this time. I could get a house sitter. That way they could clean.

But even if she did feel the same way, how could we be together if I was always on tour and she was home alone?

Home alone, heheh.

But really. I didn't trust myself to have a long distance relationship. Being on tour means parties. Parties mean alcohol and band sluts. When those two things mix...oh god. Disaster. That's the reason Sophie, my last girlfriend, left me. She surprised me and came on the bus ready to go on a romantic date and I was totally wasted banging some girl whose name I didn't even know in the back lounge.

Maybe with Mia, things would be different.

Probably not. I thought the same things with Sophie, and every girl before that.

I hated to do it, but I really needed to kick Mia out. Sweet, pretty Mia. With her tiny body and squishy cheeks and kitty blanket. But I knew either way, things would go wrong. I would fuck things up. Just like I always did.

She had to go. It was for the best. I'd break the news to her when I got home. Like a bandaid, quick and painless. Almost. Jesus, I hope she didn't cry. I can't deal with crying people. I hate it when people are sad. I just want everything to be rainbows and sunshine.

I left the boys without a word. I knew if I tried to talk I'd break down. I got in my car and turned Bluetooth on on my phone, so I could listen to music that wasn't Call Me Maybe or that stupid sone about blowing somebody's whistle. Sure, I loved getting my knob slobbed on just as much as the next guy, but I didn't go writing a song about it. Music these days, man. I pressed shuffle and Hold My Hand by New Found Glory came on. Irony, thou art but a heartless bitch.

*******

I got home a short while later, and I still felt a bit glum, so I left my guitars and suitcase in the car.

I opened the door and cringed at the god-awful noise. I could already feel myself sweating with nervousness with what was about to come.

I slowly walked down the hall and into the kitchen, bracing myself for the big announcement.

Standing in front of the sink, singing and dancing along to NFG while she washed dishes, was Mia. She wasn't in her PJs anymore, but she still looked cute. I saw how interested she was in the music and I couldn't help but giggle to myself. She looked up at me and smiled with a slight blush on her cheeks.

That moment- that's when I basically melted and surrendered to her perfection. I couldn't kick her out. She was absolutely precious. That moment was when I knew that I simply had to keep her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, but I really wanted to get something in Jack's pov so you guys would know his job, how he feels, etc. I think this chapter is really cute ^.^