Sequel: Cede
Status: finished :')

Like A Dream

snowfall

It was a few hours before the ground was buried underneath a layer of snow. Ebony was now walking above a thick ivory cloak, the material emitting a crunching sound anytime she took another step. As she bent down, her hands scooped up a partial of the snow and she threw them into the air, dancing underneath her own fallen flakes.

She was glad that she was able to persuade her sister into coming to a nearby park instead of hanging around their house. The girl had slipped off her mittens and shoved them deep inside her coat pockets. She was sure her mum would've told her to put them back on if she saw. 

"Aspen, will you make a snowman with me now?" she pleaded. Her sister looked up from her phone screen, stared at the little girl freckled with snow for a few moments before her fingers flew back to their previous jobs, pressing buttons furiously. 

Ebony sighed as she watched her sister texting on the park bench. She wondered why the older girl never grew bored of her phone and other gadgets when all she did was touch the screen. Even when she leaves the house to go out with her friends, in her hand was at least one device. 

"Aspen please!" she exclaimed, feeling bored without anyone to play with. She tried making a snowman but the balls always fell into pieces each time she stacked one over another. 

A deep, irritated sigh escaped her sister. "Fine, fine." A wide smile replaced the five year old's frown, showing her pearly whites. Aspen placed her phone in a pocket within her jacket and crawled onto the blanket of snow packing ice in between the palms of her hand. "That's a lot of snow in a few hours," she commented. 

Ebony agreed. "Maybe Jack Frost wanted a lot of snow." 

She snorted, beginning to roll the snowball into the ice, for it to grow larger. "Jack Frost isn't real, Ebony." Aspen began on the middle part of the snowman's body ignoring her little sister's glares. "When mum says you don't want Jack Frost nipping at your nose, it's just an expression."

The little girl's eyebrows scrunched together and she crossed her arms, upset by how her sister didn't believe in Jack Frost. "Then who would make all the snow then huh?" 

She just laughed off the question. "Get some sticks for me." 

Even though the little girl Was beginning to be annoyed by her sister, she obliged wishing for her snowman for be created. Ebony huffed and was distracted by her breath dancing in front of her but only for a second. "He is real."

Aspen rolled her eyes at the silly persistence, finishing up the snowman. A song blared from the interior of her jacket and she fished out her phone. "Let me take this call." With that, Aspen stood up, walked behind a tree and leaned against it, placing her phone right by her ear.

The younger sibling stood and slapped her knees, rubbing off any excess bits of snow on her jeans. She felt something lightly touch the side of her foot and her eyes immediately flashed to the ground. There it was. A perfectly formed snowball though it didn't look like the usual. This had a slight tone of blue in it. 

Ebony, ignoring the strange feelings radiating off this, picked up the snowball and examined it. Her hazel eyes stared at the whole surface before looking at the ground. From were she had picked it up from, began a trail. The ball must've been rolled from somewhere. She turned her head, checking that her sister was still occupied. 

Then Ebony continued to follow the groove in the snow, curiosity getting the best of her. The path ended right beside the base of a tree and she lifted her hand, only to find that she was standing right in front of a line of trees. She searched through several trees only to come to a conclusion that whoever rolled the snowball, was gone. 

"Ebony," she heard a voice whisper. Her head whipped to where the sound was coming from; her heart pounding harder than before. "Ebony." Even though The five year old was frightened she followed the voice and was brought back to the original tree. 

Her hazel orbs ran the length of the tree trunk, squinting her eyes as she looked at the branches. Bare of leaves but covered with a thin veil of snow. She didn't believe that the tree was able to talk but there was no other way around it; was there?

A figure stepped away from behind the tree and left the remaining plants' shadows. Ebony's lips parted and she mindlessly dropped the ball of snow. Her tawny eyes stared in both shock and wonder at the miraculous sight of the winter hero. 

His feet were bare of any footwear leaving Ebony to ponder how her never felt cold - most likely because he was the one who created frost and snow. He carried the usual faded brown trousers and his navy jacket was forever peppered with flecks of ice and frost. His wooden staff was clutched tightly between his right hand. 

Soft ivory hair was placed atop his head, his skin always the creamy fair complexion. His light lips were pulled back into a wide smile, presenting his blindingly white teeth, as he gazed fondly at the little girl. Looked at her with those sparkling cerulean gaze; that seemed to bear a remarkable resemblance with the blue crystals that Ebony's wind-chimes had.

"Hi," he said. The little girl didn't have the ability to know how to react.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't mean for it to be this long...

My little animation infatuation :3