Sequel: Cede
Status: finished :')

Like A Dream

bleak

"Mum, I already told you, I don't need a ride to the rink," she stated, a hand set firmly on her right hip which was slightly jutted out; giving her the seemingly aura of a demanding child. In her left hand swung back and forth the new ice skates she received last September. 

As Ebony was continued to be ignored, the hopeful feeling of having it her own way, slowly dwindled down. She huffed impatiently, allowing a mist form in front of her lips. Normally the slight alterations in the atmosphere would've amused her but not this time. She was still set on her own thoughts.

Her hazel orbs watched her mum from the car. She was struggling to find the right key to lock the door; she'd attained several more attachments throughout the years and now it was difficult for her to find the right key. Ebony thought it to be quiet entertaining. Watching her mother get irritated and all.

After what felt like a century, Carina finally managed to secure the house and stepped down from the front porch. Ebony received a somewhat less than amused disappointed look from her mother. As if it was her fault it had taken her eons to lock a simple door. 

"Mu-"

She groaned, cutting odd another disagreement from her darling daughter. "Zip it Ebony. I've had enough of you whining and complaining," she snapped, pressing the unlock button and pulling open the passenger's set before motioning for the young teen to get inside. "You should be glad I'm even driving you there. You know how I feel about you on top of ice."

She followed, begrudgingly. It was a miracle that she had passed though yet another small lecture from her mother without having the resistance from ripping ears off fading. She had no idea why her mum consistently tried to coax her out off ice skating even though  it was an outing with a very close friend; whom she hadn't seen in two years. 

Her train of thoughts were interrupted by a slam of the door. The sound rang through her ear drums and she winced. Nonetheless she kept her lips shut. Arguing furthermore would've placed her in a dangerous position and she didn't want to jeopardize this one and possibly only meeting. 

Her mother was soon in the car with her. Ebony was enjoying the five seconds within the small vehicle compartment alone; without the sound of her mum's high voice nipping at her. 

Carina sighed harshly. Her daughter understood what this gesture meant and she allowed her mum to calm down and recollect her thoughts before exploding. "I don't mind that you're skating. I just don't understand why you're so against me driving you there." Her tone came off as seemingly exasperated. "Am I an embarrassment to you?"

Ebony's lips parted but her reply was postponed as a chuckle resonated from behind her. Hazel orbs flitted sidewards and a squeal almost escaped her when she caught sight of
him. A devilish smile was iced against his lips. 

"Well I guess I a-"

"No, mum, no," she disagreed rather quickly. Sending the stinky eye towards their invisible company, she looked back at her mother. "Of course not."

Carina clicked her tongue against the the roof of her mouth. "I should hope not. I don't know why you're being so immature about this. I'm
just driving you there. Honestly Ebony, sometimes you come off as still a child."

A small but vividly taunting voice whispered something into the young one's ear. His breath traversed around the start of her neck, sending jives of tingles along the strip of skin. "You have no idea," he mumbled.

Regardless of how deeply she wanted to deny it, Ebony couldn't avoid the fact that she had been developing some sort of strange feeling when around Jack. She didn't know how the quirky swelling of unknown emotions came to be but she was quiet sure of what it was. 

True, she was still young and mightily naive. But even that couldn't have ever stopped crushing on a boy. Ebony didn't understand why it had to be him. Out of all the possible candidates it had to be him. It was mad. 

She'd gained her fair share of crushed during her twelve, almost thirteen, years of living. So with this basic knowledge she believed that this was to be a phase, she merely idolized the boy and considering the rather wide age gap, it felt right to only leave it as a phase.

"Alright, you ready?" her mother's familiar tone soothed her out of the maddening thoughts. Ebony meekly nodded finding the idea of spending the day with her best friend less appealing now that he had welcomed himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, not having updated in almost three weeks? That's just...disappointing and terrible and sad and bad. Idek. And I may, or may not have already finished this story - prewritten chaps I mean.. c: