Sequel: Cede
Status: finished :')

Like A Dream

coolness

After Ebony had whispered the cursory plan into the older boy's ear, she leaned away from him, watching as he processed it. She hadn't really explained the idea detailed enough but it was the clarity of the situation that mattered. Jack simply needed a foundation before proceeding to annoy an unsuspecting child.

As he thought about her ideas, a familiar impish gleam entered his cerulean eyes. A strike of genius rippled through the pools of blue; an expression of exaggerated smugness and achievement replacing the thinking face.

"I like your thinking, young one," he said, reaching over to grip her beanie and agitate the material causing her hair to tangle. 

Ebony swiped at his bothersome arm though the winter spirit shot away even before her hand was up in the air. To be honest, she didn't mind that Jack had messed up her hairdo - it was more about his silly caper for treating her like she was five years old all over again. She was almost a teenager for goodness sake.

He laughed at her, performing several somersaults, defying gravity. "Sorry Ebony. Forgot you weren't so young anymore." A wink was sent her way. "C'mon," he sang, "I was only joking."

Rolling her eyes, she waved off his so-called apology and trudged towards the nearest tree. She leaned against the tree, her bright purple coat massively noticeable as the trunk was almost a pale faded white shade. She stood completely stoic hoping nobody had seen her step behind the tall plant and hide.

She was fairly aware of how childish this all seemed but she knew her older companion could finish her off with winter games such as this one. Ebony slipped off her beanie, reaching forward with only one foot protruding from the side of the tree. Only her forehead and eyes could be seen. That was all she needed to take a quick peek at her friend.

Harper remained seated. Her legs were swinging back and forth in the opposite directions. Ebony raised a brown, swallowing in each detail as if seeing her for the first time - which is what it kind of felt like. Her friend's arms were beside her body, clutching the edge of the bench. Although she was only able to see the side of Harper's face, due to the angle she was positioned at, her lips were definitely pulled into a tight line.

Ebony pursed her lips and stepped back into the safe coverage if the tree trunk. She knew that her friend was impatience prone and that she'd most probably been waiting for her to finally arrive for quiet some time. Though that didn't stop Ebony's master plan to begin flickering and sabotage the guilt that had decided to consume her.

"Alright go," she mumbled to the boy - who had surprisingly been standing beside her without the marching band following  - and she flicked her hand back and forth. The usual gesture that signaled that it was safe to move.

The young teen watched as her winter best friend leaped into the air. He presented several somersaults, often giving the moves a little twist of his own. Jack didn't mind improvising. After all, creativity was something he would've been an undeniable genius at. With over three centuries of liberated imagination.

He eventually ended the short performance with a dramatized tiny curtsy. Ebony watched in awe. Even after all these years she still didn't have the ability to understand that Jack Frost was her best friend. He swooped down, gathering ice into his palms, preparing for the act he had in-store for the awaiting girl. 

Harper would just have to stomp on her impatience for a few longer moments.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope ya likey :)