Sequel: Cede
Status: finished :')

Like A Dream

drafty

The fourteen year old girl reached for the black coat hanging behind her door and slipped the warm clothing on. It was mighty cold inside her bedroom, despite the seasons changing soon, and she didn't even want to step outside unprepared for the weather. 

"Come on," her companion exclaimed as he stepped around her. 

She laughed lightly, running down the stairs after him. It was a quiet unfair race for the boy was defying gravity and flying down to the ground floor, not needing the steps at all. She didn't mind since she enjoyed watching him whizz around in the air, whooshing past her like the wind, a sudden gust of cold air. 

The winter spirit laughed at her attempt to catch up. "I don't think there will ever be a day that you'd be able to reach me," he stated smugly. She stepped forward to tap him but the boy had already thought way ahead of both of them and, using the unfair advantage, levitated off the ground and out of her reach. 

"You enjoy torturing me don't you?" It was a rhetorical question but Jack hadn't seemed to grasp the science of that yet and confidently exclaimed a wild yes. To see if she could toy with his ego, she crossed her arms over her chest and tilted her head up. 

He had begun performing somersaults in the open air, loop after loop, he did. And, much like Peter Pan, gracefully flew in circles above her head. She wondered how on earth he could do that considering the tiny space in her hallway. Though that thought was cut off short when she realized who she was talking about. This was Jack Frost being named. 

"So," she began, gaining a partial of his attention, "I don't think you'd be able to make friends with that attitude."

She was surprised. Jack hadn't seemed to be affected by this comment in anyway, unlike the previous times she'd bring up something like this into the conversation. Ebony looked up. She continued to watch his ever confusing flying stunts. He never was able to to remain in the same position for more than a few minutes and she admired the way his energy never ran our; regardless of the little sleep he achieved. 

Eventually, his loops idled and he paused for milliseconds with five second intervals but it wasn't his intention to stop. It wasn't his nature to stop for anyone. Instead, he slowly descended down - and Ebony couldn't help but imagine fairy dust billowing behind him. He simply had that enchanted sense with him - until his eyes were leveled with hers. 

"If you could be friends with me," he started in a creepily austere tone of voice, "then I wouldn't have any problems making my own friends, thank you."

It took the young girl a few seconds to realize he had just thrown back her own comment. She should've seen it coming. "Are you saying I'm hardly ever amused and boring?"

He laughed cheekily. Since he was near enough, Ebony took the chance to swipe at him and playfully punched his shoulder. "You're not boring, Bonbon. Just a little on edge at times," he explained, laughter still threatening on the tip of his tongue. 

Ebony found his way of honest quirky. Whenever he tried to take things seriously, it almost always concluded as a joke. She guessed it was Jack's way of keeping things fresh and definitely out of the awkward picture. "Come on," she exclaimed before grabbing his free hand and leading the very capable boy out into the front porch.

They were both greeted with a fairly toasty winter. The brunette instantly felt very warm underneath the thick layers. Ebony wondered why the interior of her house was a myriad of degrees colder than the temperature outside. Her eyes shifted to her pale as snow friend, a suspicious glare then cemented on him.

A complacent expression took over his features and Ebony knew. It was freezing inside her house because Jack was in there with her. She sighed, not bothered to get all worked up over such a minuscule subject. Instead, her eyes shone with realization and sadness directed towards him. 

He smiled weakly at her. "Awwe, come here," he cooed spreading his arms apart, creating a simple place of comfort. She didn't need anymore persuasion and gladly stumbled, crashing lightly against his chest. 

"Jack?" He hummed in response. "Do you really need to go now? I mean...there's still a few more days and-"

The older boy chuckled and slightly leaned away from her. He looked down at Ebony with apologetic eyes, a meek smile tugging at his lips. "It's getting too warm and-is that...are those tears?"

"No," she mumbled but didn't care enough to wipe away the tiny droplets. 

A chain of tut-tuts streamed from his lips as he disentangled their limbs. "And plus," he stated, a heck of a cheeky smile on his face again, "your boyfriend's already here."

Ebony slowly turned her head towards the direction in which his eyes were looking. There he was, trudging in the fading snow, walking up her driveway, and sending her one of his adorable smiles. He waved an excited arm around and she lazily replied with a small smile. 

"Hey," he exclaimed as he went up the porch steps. His happy demeanor faltered when he saw the sad looks upon her face. "What-what's wrong?"

"Oh god I'm sorry." Ebony wiped at her face with pure embarrassment. "I'm okay," she reassured. "A friend just left."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, me need more pre-written chaps, I'm sorry, guys c: