Sequel: Cede
Status: finished :')

Like A Dream

wintriness

Strangely enough, Ebony's eyes slowly lifted and she lethargically blinked the heavy tiredness away, without the help of an alarm clock. Instead of being amused at the news the young woman merely groaned beginning to wonder how on earth she woke up before her alarm went off and why her bedroom had suddenly become so bright.

Her eyes adjusted to the light. Ebony lay unmoving for a few seconds before searching for the cause of the unnatural luster. She found the source and the wide open window was the criminal of this scene. Ebony groaned once more, muttering curses under her breath that she would dare not say in her fully awakened form. 

She slapped her forearm across her head, an attempt to shield her irises from the blinding sunlight freely entering her room. An attempt which failed. She huffed a breath of dissatisfaction then rolled sideways as if that was her only way of getting out of bed. She tried to, anyway. Something had prevented her from crawling around and she turned around to see what was at fault (or rather, who).

Ebony hadn't noticed how cold it was beneath her thick blanket until she spotted a tuft of silver hair poking out of the top of the blanket. Despite her almost screaming out in surprise, she began to actually snicker. The situation dawned on her and she found it extremely ludicrous and so, her sporadic laughter sprung to life.

When she'd managed to finally calm down, she gently pried his embrace away knowing she needed to prepare for school. If she didn't do it whilst he was asleep, she wouldn't enter the school grounds until it was almost lunchtime. Jack did oblige but only replaced the girl with the nearest stuffed toy. In this case, a rainbow turtle.

Ebony scoffed at his choice though at the same time, finding it all too adorable. Half of his face was squished up against the plump pillow, silver locks resembled a nest, lips parted and Ebony was worried about the number of insects now loving in his mouth. He looked like an absolute angel though she knew his reputation begged to differ.

She knew Jack didn't need as much sleep as she did. Though his body basically worked much like a normal human, he had an advantage of storing much more energy than the average person and so he rarely rested. Besides which person imagined sleeping Jack Frost; he was portrayed much like a bounding puppy.

Fighting off her rational conscious mind, Ebony scooted closer towards the sleeping boy, her body sideways but flat against the left side of Jack's body. Her fingers fiddled a few locks of his hair before she devoured his features. He had always been quiet a looker in her eyes but it was just now that he'd become a full-fledged gorgeous young man.

She forgot all about the plan she conjured up about her getting to school earlier, when her hazel eyes landed on the boy's lips. He was murmuring indecipherable words but Ebony paid no mind to them as she truthfully didn't care what he was dreaming about. 

The girl swallowed. Though she was seventeen and had kissed before, she hadn't felt anything like this. It was as if Jack was an entirely different race; which, in most situations, he wasn't exactly counted as human. 

Her stomach twisted into several knots, the tight feeling overlapping and rippling upwards until breathing became impossible. Her mind resembled the concert audience standing in the mosh pit - energetic, lively, unable to hold still and impossibly loud. She was the hoard of fans and Jack was the most adored idol.

Ebony made herself laugh at the metaphor and the bed squeaked.

This sudden noise cause the eyes of the winter spirit to spring open. The very first thing he noticed was how close his best friend was. The young girl was practically pressed up against his side as if preventing even the slightest amount of air from getting in-between them. The second thing was that Ebony's face was hovering above his, lips only a breadth of hair away.

At the realization, Jack grinned. "If you wanted to kiss me at least wake me up first." For a person who hadn't been kissed in over three centuries and was in desperate need of practice, he was coming off as a little cocky. Though it is Jack Frost we're talking about.

A shade of pink conquered a large portion of her cheeks. Ebony shut her eyes, trying hard to pretend that she hadn't just embarrassed herself in front of him. When her orbs were revealed again, he still had that same cheeky, amused grin cemented upon his the lips she painfully craved for.

She didn't bother covering up for it seemed entirely obvious what her intentions were. And even though Jack was reviving plenty of fun and laughter from this, she still felt slightly offended that he'd become so confident with the concept of kissing in just the span of three days.

Though those three days were unimaginably flawless. After the confession of jealous Jack Frost, the only thing the couple did, was spend time with one another. 

They talked and had conversations about random topics: from how the man in the moon have such power to the creation of slushies, from the wonderful idea of cookie dough and right back to teasing Jack about his absolutely ridiculous behavior all because he was jealous of a boy Ebony barely talked to.

Jack had dragged the girl out into the snow after she completed her set of homework for the night. That is, if he even gave her the chance to enter her room and dump her school bag on her bed. 

She had yet to realize just how much of a small, young puppy Jack was. The boy was a bundle of joy and energy, shaped into the mould of the perfect winter icon, sprinkled with honest sweetness and thickly lathered with mischief. He was the epitome of cheek. He influenced her to cause havoc outside. Ebony could've said no to his offers, or rather demands, but she was in the world of fun and laughs that she didn't care about what she had to do. 

She helped him cause trouble for a group of older children. They were busy tobogganing down a fairly steep hill of snow, when Jack interfered by messing with them - using his winter related powers to collapse the snow hill and for the small avalanche to topple the kids over. The two teenagers gathered a good laugh from that experience though were quick to apologize by Jack creating a trail of slick ice for them to slide along.

Both of them fooled around, tricking other people outside in the winter wonderland. They confused a couple, Jack creating frosted shapes around them and made them think that they were hallucinating; she helped him mess with a large group of young kids playing in the snow but throwing snowballs from different directions. Jack used his flying abilities and ice controlling powers to their limits - in which there were none.

Ebony didn't remember a time that she'd been so purely happy. Excluding the moment her naive five year old self first laid eyes on the winter born creature. He was truly a sight and she found it difficult to find anything or anyone she'd ever want to replace Jack with.

He was absolutely enchanting and left a trail of winter magic wherever he went. It was probably one of the things Ebony loved most about him.

"That's it," she exclaimed relieving herself of the dangerous thoughts, "you're not gonna sleep on the bed anymore." It was a bit of a challenge to say that without making a face. She simply didn't want to end up being so dependent on the boy.

Jack instantly shot up, the blanket flinging off his torso revealing his navy hoodie. His lips stretched into a definite frown. He was well educated in the weaknesses of Ebony and made sure that he used it well to his advantage. The infamous puppy face was just the beginning.

"Oh no," she laughed. "There is no way some dumb puppy eyes will change my mind." Ebony paused staring carefully at his ever adorable expression and sighed. She probably was going to give in but for now, her stamina was still going steady. "Nope, you're sleeping on the couch again."

Jack emitted an exaggerated, heavy breath before floating into midair and hovering towards the said couch. He lay down on it. "You just can't handle such a," he paused gesturing to his entire body, "mesmerizing being."

The girl merely laughed as a reply, muttering the words all over again. "Don't miss me too much while I get ready," she teased, stepping out of her bedroom before stalking towards bathroom. However, she knew she couldn't fully deny the statement; she couldn't ever learn how to handle being so uncomfortably close to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can I just say -- a MASSIVE thank you to notweirdbutunique for writing that amazing review! She's an absolute sweet heart and this story has just exploded...thank you guys for continuing to read and for those new readers, thank you for readingthe review and checking my fic out...just t h a n k you! I hope that my future chapters can satisfy you guys though c: