Sequel: Cede
Status: finished :')

Like A Dream

nippy

A painful creak washed through their ears. The bedroom window was being pushed up, with Ebony spending all her strength and muscles, for someone needed to get out. She eagerly welcomed the wave of biting winter air rush into the room as soon as the glass barricade wasn't there to prevent the atoms.

A sigh fell from her lips. Her brown eyes were fixated on the rooftops of the neighboring homes. Not one of the houses' colours were seen properly for the chromatic layers of snow were piled thickly upon them. She pondered about the weight that the roof had to endure, guessing when the time came and all roofs snapped.

Ebony's gaze eventually left the boring blankets of ice and saw far beyond them, and saw her favourite park. The field's green floor was veiled by winter and even the grassy knolls transformed into a hill of snow for children to slide down on. That place would forever hold a special place in the young woman's heart.

The girl finally allowed her torso back into the confines of the room once her goosebumps had begun to arise around her arms. She emitted a deep breath, the release creating a mist in front of her mouth. Her palms rubbed vigorously up and down her upper arms in an impatient way to get warmer. 

"Come on then," she said in-between clatter of her teeth. "It's time for you to go." Ebony pointed her head in the direction of the outside world with a small smile on her face.

Rolling his eyes, he stepped towards her. "You sure? I could stay a little longer if you want," he offered, bright azure orbs lighting up. "I'll miss you."

This was said in a light, cheerful tone though he tried to make himself sound disappointed. Even though Ebony knew he was only acting, her heart wouldn't be prevented from giving out wacky reactions to his knowing smile or his I'll miss you's or the way those blue pools gleam with cheek. 

She rubbed her chest, just above where her heart lay. Softly patting the flesh, willing for the palpitations to slow down to its normal rate. It wasn't fair that Jack was able to be his rascal self while she had to endure these unwanted feelings that didn't seem to know when to vanish. 

"No you won't." She laughed, playfully shoving him in the chest. "You only wanna stay just so you can annoy my friends and I," she stated raising both eyebrows. "And that is not happening so sorry Frost, you gotta go and save winter!"

The corners of his mouth tugged downwards and his bottom lip jutted out, forming the cutest pout. "You're mean."

Ebony scoffed before pulling him towards the open window. "And you're seventeen."

His jaw fell, a faux offended expression rolling over his features. "What's that got to do with anything?" As a high pitched gasp escaped his parted lips, Ebony chuckled at this. If he was trying to prove that he wasn't as immature as she thought he was, then that was a completely failed attempt. 

After a few seconds, Jack eventually seized being the fool he was and opened his mouth to say something, the doorbell's little song rang throughout the house, alerting the coming of the visitors. The winter spirit sighed knowing this was his cue to fly out the window and complete the task he should've began to do a couple of hours ago.

"Ebony?" a person said from the opposite side of her bedroom door. "Your mum said you're in here?"

The mentioned girl's eyes widened; she absolutely despised her mother's habit to allow guests upstairs to the rooms instead of calling her down to free them (as what normal parents should do according to Ebony, anyway). The door began to creak open. 

"Jack, go," she hissed.

She bent her left arm and started elbowing Jack in the stomach. If she couldn't persuade him through words, she could at least have a crack with physical force. It was apparent that even that wouldn't make him move though when the door finally swung wide open, he fled the confines of the house and into his natural habitat - the winter land.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need to start writing more...whoops. Well happy Easter to guys! NO SCHOOL YUSS AND CHOCOLATE.