Status: One-shot!

Green Eyes

The green eyes, you're the one that I wanted to find

She once told me she was always the unwanted one.

Her family never wanted anything to do with her. They only saw her as another mouth to feed-- another burden.

She never really had friends. She was always the outcast.

She was always alone. Always denied. Always left behind.

She was twenty-one when she first came here. I saw her at a bar. She was sitting alone. I sat beside her and looked at her.

"I've never seen you here before. You new here?" I asked

When she turned to look at me, the first thing I noticed about her was her eyes. She had the most amazing green eyes I've ever seen in my entire life. But there was something else I saw in those green eyes. They held sadness, pain and misery.

I knew she was broken. And I wanted to be the one to fix her.

She stared back at me for a moment before stuttering a quiet "Y-yeah."

"I'm John. John O'Callaghan" I extended my hand to her

She seemed hesitant, but placed her hand in mine anyway "R--"

"Wild Turkey. Really?" I cut her off with a grimace

She bit her lip "I-I've never really drank before." she shyly admitted, tipping the glass in her hands "My name's Rooney, by the way. Rooney Young"

"Shit-- I'm sorry. That was rude of me." I apologized "But seriously, I'd suggest you try a shot of Grey Goose first before starting with anything else"

I handed her a shot glass but she just stared right back at me.

"Don't worry, I'm not trying to get you drunk." I smiled at her.

She smiled back. And the rest was history.

In the next few months, we became good friends. As I got to know this girl more, I wondered, how could anybody deny her? She was probably the most selfless, the most generous and most down to earth girl to ever exist.

It took me one year to break her walls down. It took me two, to finally admit that I loved her. In those two years, I watched her blossom. Those beautiful green eyes no longer held pain and misery for they had slowly faded away. They were now sparkling-- Filled with happiness and hope.

There's something about her. Something that I couldn't pinpoint that makes me want her to be there all the time. I guess it's the way that she makes everything feel lighter when she's there. I guess it's the way she keeps me grounded.

But if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that I can't live without her.

Maybe her family didn't want her. Maybe her friends didn't either.

But never in my life have I wanted anyone as much as I wanted her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, it's been a while.

Sorry if it's messy. I did this under 30 minutes and my head was all over the place.

Happy holidays :)

-Annie