The End of Prom Night

The End of Prom Night

It's the end
It's the end of prom night


I stared at the mirror as I fixed my hair. Tonight was prom and I had to look almost perfect for my date. It's not everyday when the captain of the football team asks to go with you. I straightened my long black locks before sitting in front of my mirror and starting to put on my make up.

It's the end
It's the end
It's the end


I put in my new lip ring and I heard someone knock at my bedroom door.
"Come in," I said looking at myself in the mirror once more.
My mother walked into the room and she stared at me with her identical blue eyes.
"You look beautiful, Andy," she said smiling at me.
"Thanks," I mumbled and I checked my make up once again.
Like I said before I had to be absolutly perfect.

You're not going to be the homecoming queen tonight!
Let's go!


My mom fixed the rose onto my wrist and I slipped on my heels. My date had demanded that I wear a dress and heels because he wanted everyone to think that I was a girl. I had just shook my head and agreed with his request.
"Come on, Andrew. You're date should be here any minute now," she said and we walked downstairs together. I sat down on the couch and waited there patiently.

It's prom night 6 pm
He's waiting for his date to pick him up
In a fancy car


I glanced at the clock and I saw that it was exactly six. I tapped my fingers on my legs and I heard a blunt knock at the door. My mom looked at me with a smile and answered the door.
"You must be Matt," she cheered with a bright smile and she led him into the room where I was sitting.

The captain of the football team
Seems like the dream


I stood up and brushed off my dress. The heels had made me taller than I already was and Matt looked me over with a smile on his lips.
"You look beautiful, Andy," he said and I blushed and hit behind my raven black hair. My mother took a few pictures of us and I waved goodbye and we went out the door. I looked over at Matt's car and looked up at him.
Tonight is going to be great.

It's time to dance, dance, dance
But he has lost his chance
Because this guy is so mean


When we arrived at the school Matt grabbed me by the arm and started dragging me towards the gym.
"Let go, that hurts," I cried as his grip tightened on my small arm.
"You listen to me, bitch. When we go in there, you won't speak to my friend and you'll just stand there and keep your pretty mouth shut. Got it?" he growled at me.
I was suprised at his sudden change in mood, but I nodded my head.

He won't be homecoming queen tonight
Oh my god, he cried.
No chance to dance, dance, dance.


I eventually sat down. Prom was slowing down and people were starting to leave. There was only around five couples left. Matt had abandoned me for some fake blond. He glanced over at me with a devilish grin and pulled her closer to him. I frowned and looked at the floor. I had just stood there the entire time while Matt and his buddies made stupid jokes about the way the other girls looked. None of them even realized that they're best friend was with a guy in a dress.

The party's over and he has
Lost his chance to be seen
As the next beauty queen tonight!


I stared over at Matt once more and I saw another couple leave the gym. I stood up to leave and I heard a snap. I glanced down at my feet and I saw that my heels broke. This night couldn't get any worse...

It's the end
It's the end of prom night
It's the end


I sat back down and stared at the floor. I was not walking home barefoot and the only way I could go home was ride with Matt. I sighed once more and bit at my lip ring. I guess I'll just have to wait until he is finished dancing with his new date...

He's not in the hightlights
But he's in dark
He's not a queen
He's so torn apart


I looked over at the remaining couples and I saw them dancing happily. I wish my date was like that. I smirked and tightened my fingers into a fist. I wouldn't mind knocking the shit out of Matt right about now. I thought he was a great date, but he only went to prom with me so he didn't have to go alone...

Because I think it's too late
To get dressed up and shake
Your beautiful body like that


I heard the gym doors squeak and someone walked in. It was a guy. I stared at him in confusion because the dance was near it's ending and he was just now arriving. He started heading in my direction and I stared at him with confused eyes.
"What are you doing sitting here by yourself, beautiful?" he said and I blushed.
"I-I'm a guy," I managed to stutter. Most people didn't realize that I was a guy in a dress.
"I know, and I asked you a question," he said as if it was the most normal thing in the world.
"M-my date dumped me for someone else," I whispered.

And dance, dance, dance
To the rhythm of the high school party's beat.


"Why would someone dump you? You're too beautiful," he said and I blushed once more.
"The guy only went to prom with me as a joke. He wanted to make a fool out of me." I said smirking and I ran a hand though my hair.
"You want to get revenge right?" The guy asked and I nodded my head.

Go!

He smiled and reached into his pocket of his leather jacket. He pulled out a small knife and said, "Get them back for every stupid thing they've ever done to you."
He placed the knife into my hand and wrapped my fingers around it before he kissed my knuckles.
"I know you can do it, Andy," he whispered. I didn't even ask him how he knew my name.

It's time to dance, dance, dance
He hates this guy


I stood up with a wicked smile on my lips. My flicked open the knife and I held it in my hands. Everyone looked at me and when one girl saw that I had a knife she let out a shrill scream. The guy quickly ran past me and silenced her with one slice of his knife.

He has gone and messed up his dream
He won't be homecoming queen tonight!


After me and the unknown guy got rid of the others that were dancing he ran up to me and he said, "Go find your date and his girl and make sure they pay." I nodded my head and I ran into the hallway and ran through the school. I heard my date's other girl let out a giggle and I just rolled my eyes and started following after the noise.

Oh my god, this guy!
No chance to dance, dance, dance.


I crept down the hallway and I saw them break into the office. I watched as the girl ran into the bathroom and I followed after her with the knife in my grip. I stepped into the bathroom quietly and I saw her fluffing her blond hair in the mirror.
"What are you doing here?" she said sneering at me.
"This," I said and I stabbed the knife into her chest.

The party's over
And he has lost his chance to be the next beauty queen tonight!


I walked into the dark office and I could hear Matt mumbling to himself. I crept into the room and I heard him say, "Kelly is that you?"
I rolled my eyes and pulled out my bloody knife. So the bitch's name was Kelly...
I stepped into the light and his eyes widened.
"Think again, asshole," I said running after him with the knife raised above my head

He wants to dance.
It's the end of his prom night
He said he's so sad


I walked back into the gym and I saw the mystery guy standing there. I handed him back his knife and he put it into his jacket pocket. The entire dance floor was clear and he was standing there staring at me with his dark brown eyes. He walked over to the radio and hit it once and a slow song came on.
"May I have this dance?" he asked holding out his hand to me and I took it with a smile on my lips.

He wants to have one last dance
And he's depressed
To be dressed up with a look to kill you
He's got broken high heel shoes


We dance in a slow circle and I whispered, "What's your name?"
"Ashley Purdy," he said smiling softly. I smiled back and we continued to dance.
"Why did you help me?" I asked looking at Ashley's deep brown eyes.
"Because, someone as lovely as you shouldn't be sitting alone on their prom night." He said softly.

It's the end
It's the end of prom night
It's the end


I stared into his dark brown eyes and I blushed. I didn't even know him and he was really sweet to me. The ended and we pulled apart he took his hand in mine and he whispered to me, "Let me drive you home." I nodded my head and I followed him outside to the parking lot.

He's not in the highlight
But he's in the dark
He's not the queen
He's so torn apart


We walked across the parking lot and he led me over to his motorcycle. Both of us climbed on and I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his shoulder. We started riding down the street leaving the school behind us.

Because I think it's too late
To get dressed up
And shake your beautiful body like that


I saw my mother standing in the doorway when I got home. I climbed off Ashley's bike and stared at him.
"Well I didn't get homecoming queen," I sighed and he climbed off the bike.
"You're my queen, Andy," he whispered and I hid behind my hair.
"Really?" I asked staring at him.
"Yeah," he whispered and leaned down and kissed my lips softly.
Maybe my prom night turned out better than expected...

And dance, dance, dance
To the rhythm of the high school party's beat
To the rhythm of the high school party's beat
♠ ♠ ♠
This used to be part of my collection, but since I didn't know that you weren't supposed to have a bunch on oneshots clustered together I had to set up individual stories for them.
For the new readers, though, this is a oneshot using the song The End of Prom Night by Snow White's Poison Bite. It was also one of my favorites to write because it's a favorite song of mine and I based some of this off the music video. I also shortened the lyrics and gender-bent them to my needs of the story.
Originally wrote on July 23rd, 2012.
Comment/Enjoy.

XXTragic-MagicXX