Curse of the Virgin Canvas

Curse of the Virgin Canvas

I am here to tell you a story.
A story that will torture your thoughts by day and haunt your dreams by night.


Andy and I had lived in a small home way off into the mountains. It was quiet and peaceful because no one ever came up that far. It was just me and him living in a dream home. We had moved all the way up there because of my job. I was an artist and I had to have something to inspire me so I could create my art. This was the place that we had chosen to live because it just seemed so perfect for us.

And though I will do my best, there are no words that can be written nor brushstrokes laid on a canvas that can describe the stark and utter horror of the night that Andy died.
The emptiness will haunt you...


We were preparing for the night. Both of us had our usual nightly rituals. Mine was to make sure all the doors and windows were locked so no one would come and rob us during the night. After that I went upstairs and joined my love under the silky blankets. I wrapped my arms around him and held him close to me. My lips brushed his pale forehead and I whispered goodnight to him. He whispered it back and I had fallen asleep.

This is a nightmare, is my Andy really gone?
My eyes are stung by daylight, I find it hard to breath.


I woke up the next morning to a slight chill in the air. The light of dawn was peering through the curtains and it made the room bright. I sighed softly and rolled over to face Andy. I kissed him softly because I knew that, that was his favorite way to wake up. When my lips had fallen upon his I found out that his body was freezing cold. I sat up in confusion and I placed my hand on his cheek. It was freezing cold.
"Andy..." I choked out.

His body teases me, as the sun reveals the dawn.
The smell of blood still crawls, I kiss you softly goodbye.


I shook his body softly and there was no pulse. No heartbeat. No breathing. Andy was dead... I felt tears sting at my eyes as I saw the blood smears on our clothes and the bed sheets. The chill was still hanging in the air. This can't be real. I must still be dreaming. There is no way that Andy's dead. Nobody ever comes up on this damn mountain and I made sure that everything was locked up before we went to bed. I leaned down and I kissed his lips softly as the tears of sorrow began to fall down my tan cheeks.

Baby, lay in my arms and cuddle me close
Soon this will be just an awful memory...
Will I ever be able to sleep again?


I held him against me as the tears fell down my cheeks. Someone killed my Andy. I blinked as I ran my fingers through his dark black hair. I wiped away what remained of the tears and I clutched him tighter against me. Andy was my one love... Why would someone do this to him?

My angel lie to me and tell me I'm dreaming.
Please wake me up, please wake me up.


I was wishing this was a dream. I was hoping that I would be twisting around in my sleep and Andy would wake up and shake me awake just to tell me that it was only a nightmare. I didn't want this to be real. I wanted Andy here with me, still living.

A boy like you will always be such a tragic part of me.
Oh ecstasy you torture me.


I kissed his frozen forehead softly and pulled my arms away from him. I climbed away from the bed and I looked at him sadly. He looked so peaceful in death as he did in life. I used to remember when I took him throught the forest and he start picking flower to put in the small vase that we had near our doorway. A smile rested upon my lips at the memory as another tear fell down my face.

I watch the blood drip from the corners of your mouth
Your icy flesh is laying, your pallid skin still glows


I grabbed a wet cloth and I started wiping away the blood that was on the corner of his soft pink lips. I cleaned him up and put him in different clothes. I couldn't stand to see him in the bloody clothes that he was killed in. I traced my finger over his jaw bone and the frozen skin glowed as it did when he was alive.

I'm starting to believe what my eyes are seeing now
You're still so beautiful, yet so morbidly still.


I stared at his dead figure. It was finally sinking in that this was a reality. Andy really is dead and he shall never be living again. I'll never hear his voice whisper my name in the dark. I'll never hold his hand again. I'll never hear him sing me a soothing lullaby. I placed his hands on his chest and kissed his forehead once more.

Sweet revenge.
He will pay, he will pay my dear...


I walked through the house looking to see if it was in the same position as it was the night before. All the windows were still shut. The door was still locked. Nothing from the house was missing. None of the windows were shattered. Everything was still in its perfect condition. I sighed softly and walked back to mine and Andy's room.

Empty eyes accuse a face so evil, I'm coming undone
The mirror says it all, a crimson story of innocence lost.


I walked back into the room and looked over at the vanity that Andy had sitting near the window. I walked over to it and sat down in the black chair. My red puffy eyes found my reflection and all I saw was a madman. I saw his crooked smile and it took me a moment to notice that it was myself. I looked away and when I looked up at the mirror again I saw my usual self. Am I going insane?

Empty eyes accuse a face so evil, I'm coming undone
What have I done to him?


I opened a drawer of the vanity. I was searching for the poem that Andy had written me at one time. I looked into the drawer and I found a bloody knife. I picked it up in shock and stared at is. This is what was used to kill my Andy. That's when the memory came back to me.

So terribly memory returns of his struggle, of his screams, of him.
Lord forgive me!

I held the knife in my grip as I crept back into our room. Andy was raised his head and looked at me.
"Ashes, did you have another nightmare?" he whispered and I just grinned like the Cheshire Cat. I walked towards him and the knife reflected from the moonlight that was pouring through the window.
"A-Ash," he stuttered as I crept closer. He let out a shrill scream when he saw that I had the knife and I brought it down to his chest. He cried out in pain as I viciously murdered my true love.

My stomach heaves as I see the blood that covers me.
Blood that was once his.
I'm a monster!


I looked down at my arms. Even though I had cleaned him up, I had left myself the way I was when I woke up. Crimson stains covered my arms and my clothes. His blood was covering my body. I felt my stomach churn and more tears fell down my cheeks. I had done this to my love. I had murdered him out of cold blood. Why am I so cruel?!

Such an awful memory...
Will I ever be able to sleep again?


I looked over at Andy and the memory replayed in my head once more. I can't live with myself. I murdered him and I loved him. I won't be able to sleep. I can barely even look at myself right now. I sighed softly and I picked the knife up from the floor. I ran my fingers over the sharp blade. My index finger pricked the blade and it started to bleed. I looked over at the vanity mirror and I started writing on the reflective glass, "I did it..."

A mirror never lies.
They know.


All I saw was the madman in the mirror. I didn't see a man that loved Andrew Biersack anymore. I just saw his murderer. I glanced over at him once more and I held the knife tightly in my grip. I can't live with the fact that I know that I killed him.

Everybody knows.
Do you not see what they see?


Another tear fell down my cheek as I held the blade close to my wrist. I pushed the sharp edge against my skin and I hissed in pain as it made a cut. Blood ran down my arm and I began cutting more. Soon enough I grew dizzy and I felt like I was going to faint. I shut my eyes as I collasped. Andy forgive me...

A mirror never lies.
I see what they see. Everybody knows. Everybody knows...
♠ ♠ ♠
This used to be part of my collection, but since I didn't know that you weren't supposed to have a bunch on oneshots clustered together I had to set up individual stories for them.
For new readers, though, the song used here was Curse of the Virgin Canvas by Alesana. This is another one of my favorites that I wrote just because the fact that I went into precise detail and I used the "story" behind the song for a spark of inspiration.
Originally wrote on July 25th, 2012.
Comment/Enjoy.

XXTragic-MagicXX