Beauty Kills

Beauty Kills

I stood outside my house and mentally slapped myself in the head. Why did I come back here? I should have just stayed at Rachel’s house, even though things would have been shall we say…awkward?
I sighed and walked towards the house. I opened up the door and shut it carefully behind me. I walked towards the kitchen only to see smashed bottles on the floor and the strong scent of alcohol fill my nose. Great.
I walked around the kitchen and towards the stairs to get to my room. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I heard a loud crash coming from the lounge room. I froze and slowly turned around, expecting to get a smack to the head by my step dad. I slowly opened my eyes and realised that he was asleep on the lounge and a bottle of Vodka was on the floor. A feeling of relief swept over me and I continued to my room.

I opened my door and shut it behind me. I took off my converse and my pants, put on a pair of boxers and climbed into bed. I laid there for a few minutes and decided to put the TV on. I crawled to the end of my bed and pushed the on button in. As soon as I pressed it in, loud music was blasted through the house. Who the fuck turned my TV right up?

I quickly turned it off and waited I few seconds. As I expected, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Oh shit, he’s coming. I knew I was in for another beating.

My door opened and Steve was there, red faced and a look that could kill.

“WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN? IT’S BLOODY ONE IN THE MORNING! YOU DIDN’T EVEN TELL ME YOU WHERE GOING OUT!”

“I was sleeping at Rachel’s house but I felt sick and I came home”

“DON’T USE EXUSES! YOU WERE OUT FUCKING BOYS YOU LITTLE SLUT!”

“No Steve I wasn’t I promise!” I pleaded with him. I knew this was going somewhere bad.
“I DON’T BELIVE YOU, YOU LITTE SLUT! I WILL TEACH YOU A LESSON!” He came forward and grabbed my arm. He yanked me off my bed and pulled me downstairs.
“No No, please don’t do this again! I was only at my friend’s house I promise! You can even ring her and ask!” I cried.
He threw me down on the ground and sat on my stomach. He leaned down and whispered in my ear “This will teach you not to go off fucking boys”. He went to pull down my boxers when we heard the front door open. He gave me a “Make one sound and I will kill you” look, so I just listened.
“Imogen…hello is anyone home? Hello?” Oh god it was Billie. I shut my eyes and gathered up all the strength to call out “BILLIE HELP ME!”
I received a smack to the face, but it was worth it.

“Imogen where are you? And what’s going on?” I heard him yell. He walked into the room and froze when he saw the scene in front of him. My dad looked around and saw a knife on the floor.
Just my luck, there happens to be a knife on the floor.
“Make one move boy and this little slut gets it” Steve growled, holding the knife to my throat. I looked over to Billie and saw his face was filled with terror. While Steve was trying to get his pants open, I mouthed the words “Its okay” to Billie.

I felt bad for Billie having to witness the whole thing and knowing that he couldn’t do shit all to help me. When my step dad was finished he did both of our pants up then he got up with a smirk on this face and turned to Billie. “Anyone finds out about this, I will kill you and her” and with that, he walked up the stairs. I didn’t move until I heard his bedroom door shut.
I jumped up and ran outside and puked in the bushes. Urgh…I felt so dirty right now. I walked over to the outside tap and washed my mouth out. I turned the tap off and leant on the wall, but my legs kind of gave way and I slid down. I sat there for a few moments until I saw Billie walk up to me.
“Imogen…oh my god I’m so sorry”
“It’s okay”
“NO it’s not fucking okay! Don’t you care about what just happened in there? You just got fucking raped and you’re acting as if nothing has happened!”

I shut my eyes and curled my legs up so I could bury my head in my arms. I sat like that until I felt Billie sit down beside me.
“I’m sorry Imogen, I didn’t mean to lose it. I just can’t believe what I just witnessed. And I can’t believe that you had to go through that” he said. After a long silence, Billie got up and pulled me up with him.
“You’re coming to my house” he said, pulling me towards where he lived. “No I don’t want to intrude” I said, pulling him so he would stop walking. He turned around and gave me a “You know your coming whether you like it or not” look. “Okay I’ll come”.

My whole body was hurting when we got to his house. He didn’t live far away but the events that happened earlier that night left quite an impact. He lead me over to his window and explained to me that if his mum caught us coming through the door, we would have to explain the nights events and we both agreed that i wasnt ready to explain that to her. We climed up the tree and into his bedroom window. I looked around his bedroom to see posters of The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Ramones, Operation Ivy and others. In the middle of the room i could see a single bed with a bedside table and besides that, a guitar case. I walked over to the guitar case and opened it and inside was a blue guitar with stickers all over it.

"Do you play?" Billie Joe asked from behind me.
"Yeah a little, im not that good though." I said, closing the guitar case. "But i would like to hear you play sometime" I turned around and looked at him.
"Its a deal, now i have some spare clothes so you can put them on and jump in there" He said, pointing to his bed.
"Where are you going to sleep?" I asked.
"Ill make a bed on the floor for me"
"No way, im not taking your bed and making you sleep on the floor"
"Dude....Don't even go there, you need a bed to sleep on, for all we know you could have broken a rib or something"
"But i dont feel any pain in my-"
"Get the clothes on and get in the bed" He said. I sighed. I knew there was no point arguing with him so i grabbed the clothes.
"Uh dude...where am i supossed to get changed?" I can't walk out to the bathroom cause your mum will hear me"
"Shit...uh..Ill turn around." He spun around so he was facing in the opposite direction. I waited for him to turn around and say "Just Kidding" but he didnt, so i figured better now then never. I turned around so i was facing his window and took off my top and pants. i chucked on a old Operation Ivy shirt he gave me and a pair of boxer shorts.
"Fishished"
They both turned around and looked at eachother. Billie Joe had a pair of boxers and a Clash T-shirt on.
"You know, besides the hair and the uh...woman features, i bet if my mum walked in and saw you sleeping, you could easily pass as me" He joked, looking me up and down. I laughed and climed ino his bed, while he climed into the bed he had mad out of sheets and blankets.
He tured the lamp of and we both layed there, in silence. A couple of minutes later i heard him turn to his side.
"Goodnight Imogen".
"Goodnight Billie".