Tonight Will be the Night That I Will Fall for You

The best thing about tonight is that we're not fighting

John o'callaghan. That name was linked to my past like a chain. He occupied my thoughts daily. I hated him. August 7th, 2011 was the day he pushed me away. The day I thought he didn't love me. That night, i caught him with two girls in his bed. He wasn't drunk, but those girls were. Becky and Taylor. We argued in front of over 100 people, his brothers had to take me home and stay with me while i locked myself in my bathroom and cried for two days. I can remember everything about that night, but i chose to try and forget it.

It was now a year later, and I was still miserable. John and I haven't spoken to each other for a year. That doesn't seem like much, but to me it felt like a lifetime. And no, I wasn't a clingy girlfriend who tried to get him back every chance I got. When we broke up, I moved 6 miles away and changed everything about me. My personality changed, I dyed my hair brown and even got skinnier. I didn't change for John, I changed for my self, and that was enough for me.

The streets of Phoenix were empty, the streetlights casting a warm glow on the town. Most bars were open, but bars just weren't my scene. To be honest, I just loved Phoenix at night and stayed at my job late every so often to go out and walk on nights like this.

The only sound were my heels clicking against the smooth paved road. I didn't know where I was headed, but I knew the downtown streets better than the back of my hand. I could hear footsteps behind me, they sounded like Vans. Whoever it was, probably just wanted a good time.

"Georgia, is that you?" The voice was distinct. I knew who it was, it was John. How did he know it was me? Lucky guess, I suppose.

"Wow, what a nice surprise. Nice to see you. "

It wasn't a nice surprise at all, the last thing I wanted to do was confront my problems.

"We need to talk."

Those four words pierced through the heavy Arizona air. I started walking away, tears in my eyes. One glance at John meant looking into those same eyes that didn't regret anything he did to me.

"Georgia, come on. You can't avoid me. We need to talk about this."

He ran across the street to where I was standing against the brick wall.
I took a deep breath and turned to face him, only looking at the tank top he was wearing. I couldn't look him in the eyes, not yet at least.

"John, it's been a year. Why were you with those girls at that party? Why not me?"

"I wasn't thinking." He crossed his arms, looking up and sighing. John knew that he made a big mistake last year, but he would never admit that to anyone.

"That's right. You never think. Sometimes, I think about what it would be like if we were still together. And you know, we could've been happy. But look at me, John. What's different?"

"Everything. Your hair, body, and personality. I'm sorry, Gee. I love you and I don't know how I can show you, but I promise to remind you of that everyday."

Gee. I missed hearing him say that. Tears welled up in my eyes, but I quickly blinked them back. After all this time, he still loves me.

"If you love me, you have to prove it. Everyday."

"I will, and you have to believe me when I say it."

Before we said our goodbyes, he bent down and kissed me. I wasn't expecting it, but it felt amazing. He was so loving, and I wondered why I always had to be so stubborn.

He offered me a ride home, of course I accepted the offer. We climbed into the same black truck he had back in high school. I noticed he still had the friendship bracelet i made him hanging off of the mirror. The faded chevron pattern was still in perfect condition.

"You made me that senior year, remember? 6 years ago. I kept it because I knew we'd be friends forever. "

I gave a small laugh and turned to look out of the window. John made the car ride as long as possible. Driving past the mountains, local bars, and his neighborhood. He used to take this road when we'd take long drives in the summer. The road turned out to be a dead end, but the view was amazing. It was called The Overlook, and it just so happened to over look all of downtown Phoenix.

"I need to get home, John. Unlike your rock star lifestyle, I have to work for the things I have. It is 2 AM, as i have work at 9, please drive me home."

"Nope, not yet." He parked the car on the side of the road, getting out of the truck and slamming the door.
He waved me to where he was, smiling like an idiot.

The rough ground was hard to walk on in my heels but I managed to catch up to him.

"Remember the last time we were here?" I remembered that night all too well. Senior prom night, while everyone else booked hotel rooms, John took me here. He said it was romantic,and at that time, I didn't believe him, but now that I look at it, it's beautiful.

He took my hands in his and took a deep breath.
"Georgia, I love you so much. Ever since I first saw you in high school, it's been love at first sight. You look more beautiful today than that night we came here. That night was special for both of us, and I'm so happy I got the chance to be your first time."

And that was the night I fell in love with John O'callaghan all over again. Just like the first time I laid eyes on him.
♠ ♠ ♠
One shot. Hope you like it. Comment please!