Under the Ocean Waves

Chapter Ten

Warm lips, pressed against his was all Vic felt as his eyes started to open once more. God, this was a great alarm clock - whoever it was that was kissing him was giving him butterflies and oh, he felt so warm and nice and why couldn’t he open his eyes? Oh, they were open, it was just dark. Clouds must be covering the moon because he literally couldn’t see anything. He heard the waves very close to him and then the sensation of water surrounding him, nearly washing him in to the sea and pushing and pulling him on the rock that he had been laying on for God knows how long. Suddenly, light - two blue orbs hovering above him as whoever had been kissing him pulled away.

“Kellin,” Vic knew instantly, feeling warm and happy to see his friend again. God, how long had he been unconscious? Everything felt so stiff but so sore and as Kellin’s glowing eyes burned in to his, it didn’t? His ankle, which he was sure he had broken or sprained or fractured, suddenly felt perfectly fine and he could move it with ease. His stinging cuts felt like they had never happened. Really, he felt fine. Arms pulled him over a little and realized Kellin was holding him now… and was he being… carried? “Kellin?” said Vic, not believing it.

No, his eyes weren’t deceiving him in the darkness. Kellin was was carrying him, holding him tightly as they went in to the water. Where were they going? His head wasn’t going under - no, he was placed against Kellin’s clothed chest - well, now he had an answer to the clothing question - and he was keeping him above the water. No, wait, it was night! All of Vic’s sense seemed to return to him at once as he woke up more and more in Kellin’s arms. It was as he thought though, as Kellin carried him out of the ocean and on to the sand, gently placing him down when he felt himself losing his grip on Vic’s shivering body.

“How?” Vic asked when Kellin sat down next to him.

“You aren’t fully healed yet,” he said. “Give me a moment… I don’t want you to break your ankle again, it must still be so fragile. Vic waited a moment, watching as Kellin turned in to a siren again right in front of him, his eyes glowing again. He placed his hands on Vic’s shoulders and gah, there was that warm feeling… and any pain and soreness left was instantly gone. Hell, even his clothes were dry now, which was pretty damn helpful. “There.” And then, bang, human again, also dry as the sand they were sitting on.

“Kellin, how did you do that?” Vic asked, sitting up. His back cracked after laying in cold sea water, on a rock all day and for God knows how much of the night. “Legs! But at night? I thought it stopped working!”

Kellin smiled at him and pointed to Vic’s chest. The Mexican looked down, his eye instantly caught by something silvery glinting back up at him. Then he looked at Kellin - the same silver glare. It clicked in his head. There were two of the half-moon pendants, only Vic’s covered the other side of the moon. “When you keep them together, day and night doesn’t matter.”

“Matty gave your half back, then,” Vic started. “So how did you get this one?”

“My friend Alaina. I asked her about it and she smiled and just… handed it to me. She said that she knew why and then she just… smiled. So I thanked her and then I ran in to Matty, and he gave me mine back, saying sorry, and that he trusted you. You mast have talked to him, didn’t you?”

Vic nodded, stretching out his muscles. Fuck, he was tired. “Yeah. He doesn’t want me to hurt you… but trust me Kellin, I would never, ever want to hurt you…” God, no. Hurting Kellin was out of the question. No, Vic looked at him like he was the most precious thing that had ever come in to his life, even if neither knew anything about the other’s world above or below the water. When did all these feelings form?

“I trust you,” Kellin said simply. He hesitated for a moment, biting his bottom lip, then reached out and held Vic’s hand. “I saw two humans doing that. What does hand holding mean? They looked like they cared about each other so…”

“That’s exactly what it means, Kellin,” Vic said chuckling. He lightly squeezed the siren’s hand, smiling at him reassuringly. The paler boy smiled back happily. Whenever he did something right he felt like he was pleasing Vic in some way and he’d be damned if he couldn’t admit that he was getting feelings for him too, and he wasn’t the only one that saw it. Was now a good time kiss the human? He liked kissing a lot more than he thought he would. Down under he thought about kissing every person he saw, just because he liked it so much. But he only wanted to kiss Vic.

“Are you feeling okay now?” he asked.

Vic nodded and started to get to his feet, a little nervous to put any sort of pressure on his newly healed ankle. There was no reason to be; it was perfectly painless, courtesy of Kellin’s healing magic.”You’re so kind,” he said.

“I care about you a lot, Vic,” Kellin admitted sheepishly, praying that Vic cared just as much because at this point, after the worry he’d experianced today, Kellin realized that what he wanted from his ‘friend’ was one of those human relationships that they shared when they liked each other a lot. Was that okay? Did they not already have something at least a little similar? They kissed, they cared. It had to mean something.

Well, he got his answer and practically his wish when Vic darling said, “Come home with me tonight.”

Where that had come from, Vic didn’t know, he just wanted Kellin by his side now. Even the siren looked a little taken aback. Was he supposed to say yes? And what did that mean? Well, he nodded in agreement anyways, not like he really wanted to go back to the ocean anyways. Matty would just badger him with questions. And the way Vic was looking at him, Kellin thought that maybe… maybe he needed him. And that was kind of a nice feeling to have.

“Let’s go… Oh, I guess you’re gonna met Mike and Jaime and Tony now… if they’re even home, which is always questionable. God, I hope they weren’t too worried about me. I was there all day… I couldn’t move… and that reminds me,” he said, stepping forward and squeezing Kellin’s hand again, “Thank you.” He pulled him in to a tight hug that the siren gladly accepted.

“Matty didn’t help you?” he asked, shocked. Vic shrugged and turned away, leading him off the darkened beach. “He just came and threatened you and left? Jerk…” Well, at least Kellin knew that Matty was just trying to be caring. “S-so where are we going?”

“My house,” answered Vic simply. “If that’s okay. Today was crazy and now I’m deciding to do something else crazy. You’re alright spending the night with me, Kellin? I missed you all day…” That last part wasn’t supposed to slip out. Now that it had, though, there was no taking it back. Vic was kind of losing control, but how could you not when you’d been sitting in the rocks dying all day until your siren friend found and fixed you? The feeling of Kellin’s fingers laced up with his comforted him as they walked to the car.

Oh God, the car again. And now it was nighttime. Of course Kellin was terrified but as long as Vic was holding his hand he wasn’t so scared. The drive didn’t seem to take as long as it did the first time Kellin came up on the surface, and for that he was thankful. Vic led the way in to his house again, just like that other day. Nothing had really changed. Kellin heard noises from different rooms and instantly felt afraid. But there was no doubt in his mind, Kellin really wanted to spend more time with Vic. The whole night? That was new and exciting and Matty would kill him when he got back but he didn’t care, he was at Vic’s again and he wanted to spend the night and oh my God, what was this breathless feeling? Anxiety, excitement, and butterflies were swirling around Kellin’s stomach making him sick with happiness to be here, as long as Vic still held his hand as he led him down the hall to his own bedroom.

“I’m home finally!” he called to his roommates. Shouts of ‘hello’ and ‘we thought you died’ and even a ‘come have a drink’ were heard from one of the rooms that was also playing some of the music Vic had showed Kellin at the music store. They quietly walked in to Vic’s room, closing the door behind them. “Kellin,” Vic said seriously. “I’m going to kiss you now.”

Nothing could prepare the boy for Vic’s lips smashing against his. It was unlike any other kiss they’d shared before! Where the hell had that come from? And Kellin suddenly figured that maybe he was a natural at this because of the way Vic’s mouth moved against his in time, in some sort of rhythm or pattern that was simultaneously sporatic. Fireworks went off behind his eyelids as his eyes closed. Vic’s warm hands were placed on one of his hips, squeezing gently. And then the warmth on his mouth left as Vic pulled away, making Kellin offer a little whimper in return.

From Vic’s point of view, he’d been waiting for this moment for way too long. All he could do was pray that this wouldn’t be taking advantage of the boy but fuck, it felt like he had Matty’s permission, and he was accepting the fact that he liked this siren a lot more than he originally planned. All along though, he’d been saying how his feelings were growing and there was literally nothing he could do about it. “Are you alright?” he asked, looking at Kellin seriously.

“How do you humans handle these sensations?” said Kellin, barely able to breathe. He was actually terrified; sure, this was fucking great. But he was also scared - what. the fuck. was that.

He nearly cried out - something was on his leg. No, it was like, on top of his legs? What the hell, it was hard and it was poking out and it was painful and why was it there?! “V-Vic…” he said, his voice shaking.

“Whats wrong?” asked the tan boy, his eyes flooding with concern. Kellin couldn’t bring himself to say it - well, he couldn’t really bring himself to say anything. Was there some sort of malfunction with his legs? Did it have something to do with the necklace? Matty probably knew something about it; Kellin almost wished he was here to help. “Kels? Oh… I think I know what it is,” said Vic, a mischievous glint coming in to his eyes. He stepped away from Kellin, who relaxed a little, and sat on his bed. “Oh, fuck. I have no idea how to explain those but don’t worry, it’ll go away in a few minutes. For future reference though, its uh… its called a boner.”

“B-boner?” said Kellin, sitting down next to Vic on his bed. He nodded and leaned back a little. “What’s that?”

“I- I’ll tell you when you’re a little older.” Vic shook his head, trying not to laugh. It was too funny. Kellin just frowned and cocked an eyebrow at him, completely unsure of what he was supposed to do in a situation like this, so he just stared at the ground. “Its okay, Kellin. I promise,” Vic assured him. Kellin nodded, still feeling a little nervous, but if Vic said it was okay, well, it must be okay. They sprawled out on Vic’s bed together, relaxing a little. To Vic the feeling of his back resting on the soft mattress was fucking great after the rock he’d been laying on all day.

Seconds later the door was opened slowly and a tall, skinny boy stepped in and took in the picture in front of him. “Vi- oh, hi!” he said, smiling at Kellin. “Who are you?”

“My names Kellin,” answered the siren shyly, and looking to Vic to beg for help.

“He’s a friend…” said Vic, his voice trailing off at the end. Truthfully he didn’t know what Kellin was. “Spending the night. What do you want?”

Mike nodded at the two, still staring completely at Kellin, unaware of how uncomfortable he was making him feel. He had no way of knowing he was only the second human Kellin had ever actually spoken to. “Just wanted to ask you where the hell you were all day. You never answered your phone, which I guess is because its right here,” he said, tossing Vic’s phone in to his lap from where he stood in the doorway. “I was worried about you.”

“I was… uh, I was busy all day,” Vic stammered, wishing he would leave. “What are you guys doing in there?”

“Watching TV, talking, drinking. You wanna come? Dude, you don’t say much,” Said Mike, still captivated by Kellin. And come on, it was kind of hard not to be.

Kellin was obviously a little startled at being addressed again, but he just shrugged, not even able to offer an apology. He marveled at the fact he was able to talk to Vic so easily, even though it took all of his courage the first day they ever met. And it was completely worth it; Vic made him extremely happy. “He’s shy,” Vic answered for him. “And we’re good.”

Mike nodded and ducked out the door, leaving them alone once more. It must be late at night; it was dark and Vic knew he’d been laying on that fucking rock for a while. They each sighed and went bay to laying on Vic’s bed, side by side. “So, you’ve got two necklaces now,” Vic started, looking at Kellin from the side. The pale boy nodded. “And I get one of them?”

“Well, I trust you with it,” Kellin nodded again. “And I can’t wear both at the same time. So as long as we’re together, the magic in them works all the time,” he explained.

A question was burning inside Vic’s mind, but he was almost too afraid to ask it. Almost. “So… out of curiosity… when you put the two together, does that maybe mean that it works the other way too?”

“Yes,” Kellin said simply. “If you want, you can turn in to a siren for a little while.

“That’s amazing.”

And also a whole different world of opportunities. Vic desperately wanted to ask Kellin to take him down and show him what it was like under the sea, but he felt as if he’d be crossing some sort of line if he did. No, he’d rather wait until Kellin asked him to go with him one day, if he even wanted to. Like usual, the last thing Vic wanted to do was make him feel uncomfortable or weird. The two lay there on Vic’s bed for a while til Vic felt like he was going to fall asleep. It had been a long day and his head was still kind of swimming after the passing out incident. It was warm though, blankets weren’t necessary. He turned his head to look at Kellin. The siren looked spacey; and maybe just as tired as Vic was. “Do you want to sleep?” he asked quietly.

“I don’t know if I can,” he said honestly. Down under it was difficult to sleep… he wondered if it was easier when you were on a bed.

“I think you can. Come on, you can borrow some sweat pants. They’re comfier than jeans.”

The Mexican got up off his bed and walked over to his dark-brown dresser, opening one of the drawers and pulling out two different pairs of sweat pants for both of them. He laid Kellin’s out on his bed and turned to him. “I’ll be right back,” he said. “Get changed, I think you can handle it.” The devilish little chuckle he tacked on the end was practically contagious and Kellin couldn’t help but smirk, even though he was falling victim to one of Vic’s jokes again.

He came back a few minutes later, his jeans hanging off of his arm. Kellin had changed as well. Vic took both pairs of jeans and threw them against the wall the be taken care of later. “You’re shirt, off with it,” he ordered, going back to his dresser to find a shirt for Kellin so sleep with it. He slid his own off his body to replace it as well. As he did so, he didn’t realize the siren’s eyes were pouring over his body. The siren didn’t really realize it either but he quickly stopped when he felt that sensation that had scared him earlier down in his pants starting up again.

“The buttons…” he said hopelessly, unable to undo the first one. Vic smiled and turned back to him, now in a new shirt, to help him undress. In the back of his mind that little perverted voice cracked a joke about wanted to undress him for something else… but he quickly hushed it as he undid the last button, handing Kellin his new shirt that he - with some effort - slid on to cover himself up with. He had to hand it to him; Vic was right - these clothes were much more comfortable than what he had been wearing before.

Sprawling out on his belly next to him, Vic hooked an arm around Kellin’s middle and pulled him down beside him, a little closer. “I’m so tired,” he moaned, his voice slightly muffled by his blanket. Kellin giggled; he was a little tired too but it was hard to fall asleep when someone that drove you a little insane was laying next to you. This was nice; humans had the best ideas ever. What exactly did this mean about himself and Vic though? In human terms, what were they?

Well, he let it be for a little while. He just let everything be as it was and laid there with Vic for a while until the tanner boy got up to turn the light off. The darkness was unsettling at first, but it was fine when he felt Vic next to him again - re-wrapping his arms around Kellin’s middle. “I like you a lot, Kellin,” he whispered. “Maybe a little more than I should.”

Happiness flared throughout Kellin’s entire being. Had he really just said that? God, nothing could make him happier. “I think I like you a little more than I should too,” he whispered back. Vic tightened his grip on him. “Vic?” Kellin said after a moment of silence.

“Yes?”

“So when you kiss me, does that mean that it means something, like how it does to you humans sometimes?”

Vic didn’t say anything, but Kellin heard his head move, and seconds later he felt Vic’s warm lips pressed against his.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked this one... it was long, but its one of my favorites so far!