‹ Prequel: Smoke And Mirrors

Smoke and Ashes

I Don't Need You!

"Ahhh, this is nice." I said sitting on the couch beside Yuuki in my apartment. It was quite. The TV was on, but neither of us was really watching it. The apartment wasn't very big, but for someone like me who is small, doesn't really have more than one person come over at a time and not to mention single, it was perfect.

"Yea, I only wish it could be this way at my house." Yuuki said looking down at her lap with a sad expression on her face.

"Why isn't it?"

She took a deep breath before answering me.

"Raven's being kind of a bitch."

"How so?" I asked shocked.

"At first it was a matter of every time we went to the store she always found a way to make it over to the baby isle. Then she started talking about wanting to go to the sperm bank so that we could have a baby, and I just don't want one, ya know? I mean I'm lesbian for a reason. If I wanted a baby I could just as easily go to a bar and get knocked up."

"Ahhh, I understand. I think the best thing to do is to sit her down and have a discussion about it. If she doesn't understand or if you can't come to a middle ground then leave her."

"Maybe your right. Thanks Ash."

"No problem."

We sat there for a few minutes in silence when 'All My Hate' by Black Veil Brides, my ringtone, started playing. I didn't bother with the caller ID, but as soon as I heard the voice on the other end, I wish I had.

"Ash, listen…" Andy said.

"No you listen you fucking ass whole! All you did was fucking hurt me and use me, and when I actually thought you loved me it turns out you were still lying! Well you know what I'm sick of your goddamn game and I don't have to fucking play it. I'm not a fucking Yo-Yo and my emotions are not yours to fucking toy with! Leave me the fuck alone and never fucking talk to me again!" I hung up before he could reply.

"Is everything ok?" Yuuki asked concerned.

"Yea, it was Andy…" I didn't need to say anymore. She already understood.

A moment later her notification ringtone went off. She glanced down at the caller ID, but didn't bother to read the text message.

"That's Raven. I should probably get going." she said standing up.

"Ok."

"Are you going to be fine by yourself. You know your always welcomed to stay with me and Rav."

"I know, thank you, but I'll be alright. I'm not worry about Andy showing up."

"Ok. Love you."

"Love you too."

She left and once again I was alone... or so I thought.

"I thought she would never leave." a voice said from the darkness. Oh great. Just what I need; another demon.