‹ Prequel: Smoke And Mirrors

Smoke and Ashes

The Most Powerful Demon?

I could feel my self thrashing and turning ferociously in my bed, but I couldn't help it. The only thing I could see, could focus on with that person standing in front of me. That person, the one that wanted me all for himself. That person, the one who face I will never forget.

"Oh, no, no, no!" I thought to myself as I watched him come closer to me. Closer. Closer, until he was right in front of me.

I want to scream, to run, to just escape, but there was nothing I could do. I was frozen in place. I couldn't move away, or talk against the man who was now inching his face to my own. In what seemed like hours, but were surly only minutes, he's lips were against my ear, whispering into it with a low, thick, growling voice.

"Hello, Ashley. How nice to see my favorite little bitch boy again. I've missed you." Satan said. The feeling of my stomach flipping and twist began when he said my name. I couldn't bare being near him. It reminded me of all the bad things I had done when I was under his mind control. Worse of all, it reminded me of what I did to Andy…

"Now, I want you to listen very carefully, for I hate repeating myself. I believe that you have what it takes to be the most powerful demon to every exist...aside from me that is. However; you can't become stronger by staying with these pathetic imbecilic you call friends. They're holding you back because they're scared of you. They know how much stronger you could be and they don’t want you to realize it. To them, you're their little play thing. Right now, as it stands, you can easily kill all of them without even trying. If you come back to me, and swear your services to me, I can give you that strength. It can all be yours. Think about it."

Satan moved away. The further back he went, the foggier everything around me got. Before along he faded away and I was left in a black world filled with smoke.

"Hley!"

"What was that?" I heard a voice coming from the fog, but I couldn't see anything. I listened closer.

"Shley! Ashley!" the voice kept calling. It took me a second to realize that the everything around me at shaking, and the one calling me was no other than Andy...Andy, I…

Before I could finish my thought I came back to reality. I slowly opened my eyes to see that I was on the floor, beside the bed, wrapped so tightly I could barely breath in Andy's arms. He's head was lying on my chest as he cried. I couldn't stand the sight. Without a second thought I reached the hand that wasn't stuck between me and him, up and tangled my fingers in his soft, long, black hair.

"Ashley…" I herd him say silently under his breath.

He held me there for at least an hour, while I ran my fingers though his hair lightly. I never wanted this moment to end, but if I could change anything about it, I would make Andy happy.

"Don’t do that to me again! You had me so worried about you!" Andy practically yelled in my ear as the tears continued to flow down his perfect face.

"I don't plan to." I told him reassuringly while winding my arms around his neck.

A few minutes later Andy regained his composure, and stood up with me still in his lap. When he start moved I thought he was going to push me off, instead the stood while picking me up bridle style.

"You don't have to carry me." I told him, not really wanting him to out me down.

"I know, I just don't want to let go of you right now. My heart is still racing, and in all honestly, at this moment, you're more than likely the only thing keeping me attached to the Earth." hearing him say that in his low deep voice.

I know that it wouldn't right, due to it being my idea to just be friends for awhile, but I wanted nothing more than to just feel his soft, warm lips against mine. As if reading my mind, Andy bent his head down and kissed my forehead. That wasn’t good enough for me. I slowly reached my hand up to take hold of his face and pulled him back down to me. I connected our lips in a powerful, burning kiss. Then something strange happed; I felt our minds come together. How was this possible? It's suppose to only happen when a demon feeds from another demon. That didn’t stop it from happening though.

I saw him there in with me in a sunny meadow. This scene seemed familiar somehow. The more I thought about it the more it starting coming back until it hit me like a train. The image of the dream I had once before came back. The dream of being happy running around with Andy when everything falls apart. The ground breaks part and fire comes licking up from the Earths core leaving Andy to melt into a pile of mush. The memory was to much to bare! I pulled away quickly and backed up.

"What the hell just happened?!" Andy asked astonished.