‹ Prequel: Smoke And Mirrors

Smoke and Ashes

The Message

"Ashley, baby, what the fuck was that? Is everything okay?" Andy asked trying to stay calm, but it was obvious that he was freaking out on the inside. I didn't want to worry him so I tried to blow it off.

"Sorry, that was just a dream i had last night. I'm sure it's nothing."

"Are you sure? That didn't seem like nothing." Andy said wearily.

"Yes. It'll all be alright." I told Andy before kissing him lightly on the lips before getting up. i felt bad for lying to him, but hopefully it was really nothing.

"Where are you going?" Andy called after me.

"I'm changing! I think I'm gonna go shopping with Yuuki!" I yelled from my bed room, figuring Andy was still in the living room and wouldn't be able to hear me unless I was loud.

"Really? After what just happened, you're gonna leave?!" he sounded kinda aggitated. He walked in to the room through the door way amd stayed there. He leaned against the door frame in the cutest way.

"Andy..." I could tell that my simply saying his name made his cock jerk. I pretended not to notice. "This is just what i need right now. I need to get out of the house.

He didn't say anything. I threw off my shirt and pants so that I could put on a pair of tight black jeans and a black short sleeve shirt that read "FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING CIGARATTE". I grabbed my discarded clothes off the floor and moved past Andy to exit the room. He move when I went past so I got to feel his slightly hard cock move against my leg. I resisted the arge to fuck him right there. The last thing I needed was for him to start thinking that it was okay to have sex with me again. I'm still not ready to move things faster and right now I just need to get away from him anyway.

I walked down the hall through the living room that's connected to the kitchen, down to where an unknown door was beside the front door.

I opened the unknowen door that was actually door that led to my own clothes washer and dryer. I turned on the light before i walked down the short hallway and put my clothes in the washer. The other appartments had to go to the appartment complex's laundry mat or some place else. I use one of the bedrooms in my 2 bedroom appartment and bought my own applyances since I'm the only the one that lives here.

After putting my clothes in the washer, I turned around and saw Andy in that doorway. He had his arms crossed across his chest and his legs crossed at the knee. It was obvious that he was still worried about me. On my way back to him i tried to think of something to say that would ease him mind.

"You know frowns cause wrinkles?" Was all I could think of so I ended up saying that out loud.

"I'm not worried about that, in fact, I frankly don't give a damn. You are my primary concern." He replied bitterly.

"You shouldn't worry about me so much. I'll be okay." I said with a smile. It didn't work. I wrapped my arms around his neck, standing on the tips of my toes so I could do so.

"You have nothing to worry about." I whispered n his ear.

"You don't understand. You are my world. I don't honestly know what I would do without you. I'm trying to give you space and time like you wanted, but I almost lost you once and I'd be damned if you think I'm gonna let that happen again. I wouls never forgive myself if something happened to you." He said to me.

"If you have nothing else to believe, believe me when I tell you this; I do still need more time, but I do love you, and you will never loose me again. I promise." With that I let him go and he let me pass through.

I walked back into the living room. I had one couch facing the East wall, a love seat facing the South, and another couch facing the North. There's a big glass, rectangular table in middle of it all. Finally, a plasma screen TV hanging from the West wall

the house phone is set up on the South table. Right as I went to pick it up, itm started ringing. It was Yuuki. I answered it.

"Hey! I was just about to call you." "Oh, really?!" "Well, I was going to ask you if you would you want to go shopping with me, so you can tell me all about it then." "Okay...I'll be there at 11." "Alright, see you then. Bye." I hung up.

"What was that all about?" Andy asked, startling me a little.

"Yuuki said she needed to talk to me. Something about needing to get ouy of the house due to a baby?"

"Baby?!" Andy asked confused.

"I don't know. Maybe she's babysitting?" i started walking towards the door. While doing so, I called over my shoulder, "I'll fill you in later!"

It was 10:14 now. it would take me about 30 minutes to get to Yuuki's house, so I would be there close to 11. I passed the time by playing a music combinationof Marylin Mason, Motionless in White, Pierce the Veil and Black Veil Brides.

By the time I got to Yuuki's, I was pumped. I turned the key that was in the ignition of my silver Nisson Altima, turning the car off. I opened the door, but before I could get out, Yuuki came running out of the house door and to the car.

"Is everything alright?" i asked as she got in the car.

"I'll tell you later! Just drive!

Without another question, I started the car back up and took off.

The whole trip to the mall would have been in silence had I not turned the music on. Luckily, she likes the same bands I do.

Once we got to the mall, I made her spill everything.

"You can't tell me about a baby, storm out the door, and not tell me anything, Yuuk! Spill."

"Fine. I'm thinking about breaking up with Raven."

"Wait, what?!" My eyes grew big; I couldn't believe what I just heard. They've been together for almost 8 years!

"Yea." she replied calmlylike it was an every day event. She was looking down at the ground as she walked towards the mall. I ran to catch up to her.

"She's always talked about wanting a baby. I never wanted one, but I figured that she would grow out of it. I meanif I wanted kids, I wouldn't be a lesbian...Well, then again that has nothing to do with it cause, well as you of course know, you can't choose who you're attracted to, so kids really has nothing to do with it. Even so, I dont want kids and..."

"Honey, I get it." i finally cut Yuuki off.

She had already walked into Spencers, got a neon green tail and got up to the register.

"I can understand, but is a kid worth loosing her?" I asked.

"Well, when I first met her, I didn't think so, but now...I think it's time."

"As long as you're sure that that's what you want."

"That's funny." she said, confusing the hell out of me.

"The cost is $6.66. Givin what we are and been through, that's kinda humoris."

"It's a good thing you're a demon cause other wise that would be really fucked up....Then again, it still kinda is." That's what I was thinking, but what I actually said was, "Or a sign." I was honestly worried that it was a sign.

"Really? Don't be lame, Ash." she said, rolling her eyes at me. I didn't reply.

We walked out of the store, down the corridor and out the front door of the mall. We only stopped when we saw someone waiting on us.

It was Kainan. He was leaned against a Dodge Charger that looked to be a mixed color of midnight blue and royal purple. he was wearing a black leather jacket and loose blue jeans. I assume he was wearing a black short sleeve shirt, but couldn't tell due to the fact that he had both his hands in his jacket pockets pushing the leather together.

"you know if you wanted me back, there are more better ways of asking." I said rather rudly.

"Sorry to dissappoint, suger, but I'm not here completely for you."

"Then why are you here?" Yuuki asked while stepping towards him; concern filling her voice.

"To warn you and all your friends." We both stared at Kainanconfused. He sighed deeply.

"Times almost up. I can't believe you forgot.In 2 years, Satan will return and he's coming striaght for you, Ashley."

"Huh? Why me?" I asked shocked.

"Really? I know you're not stupid."

"How about insted of insulting me, you just tell me?"

"Think. You're dreams are more than just dreams. They were tellepathic conversations that you've been having with Satan. Only the strongest demons can do it, and you did it with such ease. You proved to him just how strong you really are. Now he definatly wants you. He wants you're strength for his own, and he won't stop until he has it.

"No, no, no! I have to go see Andy!" I couldn't focus on anything other than Andy. I just had to be with him.

"You go ahead, Ash. It'll be alright. I'll catch a ride home with Kainan."

I barrly heard her as I nodded my head and ran to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated in so long. I've been busy and lost interst in writing. I also lost faith in my writing ability. I'm sorry for the typos. My computer is slow and writing this pissed me off, so I'll fix it at some point. And to Billy, if you're reading this, I'm grounded so don't text me with anything about this.