Sequel: Upside Down
Status: Complete =)

Baby Steps

There's No Secrets Among Friends

The next day was a traveling day so I took the opportunity to stay in bed longer than usual. I’m not really a morning person and sleep and I were in a pretty decent relationship today. I could hear someone shuffling about in the front lounge. I figured it was probably Vic since I could hear Jaime humming in the bunk next to me and Tony hadn’t moved since I had woken up, so I wasn’t sure if he was awake or not. Realizing that I really couldn’t sleep any more, I crawled out of bed and walked into the lounge. I heard the faint sound of a guitar coming from the back lounge and figured Tony was back there. Vic was sitting on the couch, his lyric notebook propped onto his lap.
“Morning.” I said sleepily as I joined him on the couch.
“Morning bro.” He closed his notebook and looked up at me. “You and Turtle were out pretty late last night.” He nudged my arm playfully.
“Yeah, and?” He gave me a skeptical look.
“Don’t play dumb with me. I know you better than anyone.” He had a good point. Vic probably knew me better than I did.
“Well after he came back from his walk, I kinda dragged him to this park so we could talk about some stuff.” I paused and Vic gave me a look that clearly stated that he was waiting for me to continue. “And after a little while… he kind of kissed me.” I watched as my brother’s eyes widened slightly.
“Bout goddamn time.” He chuckled. I gave him a confused look. “Mike, Jaime and I have been betting on how long it was going to take you guys to finally get together.”
“Oh geez. Thanks for having fun at our expense.” I teased. He just playfully shoved my arm.
“Anytime bro.” He went back to writing in his notebook and I stood up to find some food to eat. I wasn’t really in the mood to actually cook anything, so I decided on a bowl of cereal and sat at the table. It wasn’t long before Jaime was up and joining us in the lounge.
“So Mikey, what happened with you and Tone last night?” he asked as he joined Vic on the couch, running his hands through his messy hair.
“They were making kissy faces with each other.” Vic laughed.
“Oh… wait fuck that means that you win!” Jaime through his head back and sighed.
“Yep, one hundred bucks. Pay up.” Vic held his hand out and Jaime reluctantly went back towards the bunks, returning with the bill in his hand.
“I’ll never bet against you when Mike’s involved ever again.” He complained, returning to his seat. I just rolled my eyes and finished my cereal. I placed the bowl in the sink and went to head towards the back lounge to find Tony. I heard my brother tell me to keep things PG and I flipped him off as I made my way down the hallway. I opened up the door to see that he was sprawled out on a couch, his guitar lying on his lap. He was lazily strumming to Besitos and staring at the ceiling. I walked inside and closed the door behind me.
“Hey.” I said quietly as I sat in one of the chairs across from the couch that he was occupying.
“Hey.” He replied, sitting up and setting his guitar down next to him. “How did you sleep?”
“Like a fucking baby, you?” I wasn’t sure why we were acting so awkward with each other. It was weird and I wasn’t okay with it.
“Meh, it was okay.” He replied, yawning slightly. “My mind was a little uncooperative and wouldn’t let me sleep very well.”
“What were you thinking about?” This was one of those situations that could either turn out well or go horribly wrong.
“Um… just… stuff.” He answered quietly. He was having trouble meeting me in the eyes. I have to admit that he’s really adorable when he’s embarrassed like this. It was one of the things that I loved about him. I stood up and went to sit next to him, feeling him stiffen slightly.
“Stuff huh?” I put my hand on his thigh and turned his face so that he had to look at me. I saw him gulp a little. My eyes flicked from his lips back up to his eyes before I closed the distance and connected our lips. It took him a second to respond, but he soon hand his hand at the back of my neck, pulling me closer to him. The kiss quickly became passionate and I pushed him back onto the couch and laid on top of him. He ran his hands under my shirt, across my back, sending chills through me and I was loving it.
I broke our kiss and started kissing his neck. I bit down on his collar bone and sucked lightly on it, leaving a small love bite there. His breathing was slightly ragged and he was gripping me tightly. I moved so that I was looking him in the eyes. A smile crossed his lips and a blush crossed his cheeks.
“Yeah… stuff.” He chuckled moving a piece of my hair from my face. I leaned forward and kissed his nose.
“Come on. Vic said to keep it PG.” I helped him to his feet and we went to leave the room
“Wait, Vic knows?” He questioned, pausing in her tracks.
“Yeah, apparently he and Jaime had a bet going for how long it would take us.” I was concerned that he was going to freak out about this.
“Vic won didn’t he?” That caught me completely off guard and I had to laugh. “What?”
“N-nothing. It’s just that I was having an internal panic attack and it was all for nothing.” I leaned forward and kissed his cheek. “And yes, Vic won.” He still looked confused as we headed out to the front lounge. Jaime and Vic looked up at us as we entered. Vic had a red tinge to his face and Jaime had an awkward look on his. What did we just interrupt?
“Uh… hi.” Vic managed before standing up and grabbing a soda from the fridge.
“Well hello to you too.” I say, eyeing both of them suspiciously. Tony walks to the cupboard and grabs a poptart box.
“Did we interrupt something?” He asks as he placed the poptarts in the toaster.
“Nope.” Jaime responded nonchalantly. There was no way that he thought we would actually believe that crap. I decided to leave it be for now.
“So where are we heading to next?” I took a seat next to my brother on the couch.
“Uh, Frisco I think.” He pulled out his phone and opened up his calendar. “Yeah, Frisco and then we head to Vegas.” That was exciting. It had been a while since I had been to either place so I was looking forward to it. Tony joined us a moment later, happily munching on his food. The bite that he had just taken broke off larger than he anticipated. He was trying to eat it without using his hands, which were both occupied. I leaned forward and took a bite off of the piece in his mouth, winking at him before pulling away. He turned a dark red color and swallowed what was in his mouth.
“Ugh, you’re cuteness is making me sick.” Jaime hunched over and pretended to throw up. We all laughed at him, Vic rubbing his back, pretending to care about his fake illness. And this was how we spent the rest of the day, kicking back and hanging out. Vic and Jaime didn’t care that Tony and I were together and they supported us. We were happy and that’s all they cared about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright I know I suck for updating so late. I've had a bunch of crap going on and haven't been able to actually sit down and write. This chapter is crap compared to others but I promise the next one will be better.

Comment and tell me what you think. Love you guys XD