Status: My first fanfiction o.O and I'm not finishing it xo

Save by Luongo

The Tough Times

Roberto Luongo, goalie of the Vancouver Canucks, has had some tough times in his life. Roberto has heard tons of harsh criticizing, and has gotten traded twice. He was traded from the New York Islanders to the Florida Panthers in 2000 after one year of playing with the Islanders, and six years later traded from the Florida Panthers to the Vancouver Canucks, where he is playing currently. Times back then weren't as difficult as the last couple years and now for Roberto. He felt as if he was hitting a crisis.

In June 2011, in a Game 7 Stanley Cup Final game, Roberto let the Boston Bruins defeat him ruthlessly. The Bruins won the Stanley Cup with a 4-0 final score. After that moment, he would repeatedly ask himself, "Have I lost my touch?" He refused to, but little by little his touch was lost day after day.

In late April 2012, in Game 5 of the Western Conference Quarter-Finals, Roberto was defeated, yet again. With the defeat, fans were upset, and the Canucks' organization was upset. Trade rumors started to rise. "Will Roberto Luongo be going back to the Panthers? Will Roberto Luongo be a Leaf in the near future?" wrote rumor crazed reporters. Roberto was fed up. He started to lose pride and to throw all his accomplishments behind him.

Currently, to add to Roberto's crisis, he is unemployed. The NHL is in lockout. No goaltending for Luongo this year, no chance of showing a surprising comeback after all this pain, and no chance of showing the Canucks' organization that he is worthy enough not to be traded away!

Roberto sighed, "I just want to play some hockey."

Gina, his wife, stated, "The lockout is bound to end anytime soon. They can't keep the sport at it's highest point in popularity locked out for too long. They'll lose it all!"

Roberto nodded.

Roberto really misses hockey. He misses everything about it, from the cold smooth ice, to the minor pain of the puck hitting his chest after any given player takes a slapshot at him. Most importantly he misses the fans in the crowd wearing his jersey and chanting "LUOOOOOOO" for every breathtaking save he would make. The lockout is extremely hard to deal with for him.