I Bet You've Never Had a Friday Night Like This

ch. 1

It was 10pm, the last day of Warped was winding down. The excitement was over, the tents were being put away, and the stars were just starting to come out. I was depressed, of course, not because it was over, but because I won't be able to spend time with my best friend anymore. He had his own band, and his band wanted time off of touring. My band wants to do a fall tour. See the dilemma here?

The place where we're at has a beautiful lake we're not far from, so to clear my head, I decided to walk there and stay there a while. I sat there, soaking up the scenery and thinking about the day's events. I was also thinking about my best friend, I love him, more than just a brother. I uhm, wanted to be with him, as in, a relationship.

I was so deep in thought, that I didn't hear someone walk from behind me until they took a seat next to me.

"Hey, Vic," his soft voice said.

"Hey, Kellin," I replied quietly.

I kept my gaze fixed at the moonlight's reflection on the water, the gentle tide erasing it just as the picture starts to fix itself again.

"What are you doing here, all by yourself?"

"Just...thinking."

I could feel Kellin's deep blue eyes on me, thankfully the night sky masks my blushing.

"About what?" he asked, moving a bit closer.

I took a breath, "Just, today, and the whole tour, and how much I'm gonna miss you."

Shit, did that part really come out of my mouth?

I looked down in embarassment, hoping Kellin doesn't notice. He put his hand on my arm and I tensed up. He noticed, then moved it down to my hand and held it gently.

"Vic, I'm gonna miss you, too, a lot. You're my best friend, and I don't want to be away from you," he squeezed my hand, I just stayed tense, even though I didn't want to be.

"Vic?" his soft voice called.

I looked up at him; he moved closer to me, leaned in, and placed his lips on mine oh-so-gently. I was frozen for a second, but then I began to kiss back, I moved closer, when Kellin jumped on me, pushing me back, and getting on top of me. He pinned me down and broke the kiss, biting his lower lip and looking me in the eyes.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulled him down and kissed him. When we pulled away, he put his lips close to my ear, when he spoke, they were barely brushing it, giving me goosebumps.

"Will you be mine?" his voice was just above a whisper, his breath hot on my ear.

I couldn't speak, so I made an "Mhm" sound and pulled his face to mine gently. Looking me in the eyes, he pressed his forehead to mine.

"Good," he smirked, then kissed me again.