It's Just a Walk in the Park

Ch. 1

"It's MY money! I can spend it on whatever the hell I want!" Justin yelled at me.

"I know! I'm just saying you should think before you buy useless shit!" I yelled back.

"Go fuck yourself!" he screamed at me.

I just sighed and walked off the bus. Justin and I never argue that bad, but that boy needs to learn how to spend money wisely, and not throw it away. He's right, it is his money, but still.

I stopped walking and sighed.

"Hey, Kellin. What's wrong, man?" my friend, Matty asked, stopping in front of me.

"Justin and I are arguing again," I replied, meeting his brown eyes with my blue ones.

"Ah," he said, "I can tell it's really eating at you, man. Hey, want to take a walk? Get your mind off of it for a while?"

I smiled at him, "Okay."

"Alright! Come on!" he exclaimed, grabbing my hand and walking with me.

I followed, looking at the ground and blushing. Okay, I'll admit it. I really like him. He's my friend, but, I really really like him. So much, it hurts. I never told him, though.

"So, where are we going?" I asked.

"Hmm? Oh, I don't know. Just walking, I guess, going wherever our feet take us. To be honest, I have no clue where we are right now," he admitted, with a slight laugh.

I laughed back, "You got us lost?"

He made an "Mmhmm" sound, making me laugh harder. He always makes me feel better, even when he doesn't mean to. We walked down a trail in the woods, for about twenty minutes, not knowing where it'll lead us. Soon, it ended, and we were at a children's park. But, no one was there. Matty gasped.

"Dude! This is so cool! Come on, let's go on the swings!"

I laughed at his excitement, but ran with him to the purple swings.

"Get on! Lemme push you!" he said.

I giggled, sitting on one. He gently pushed me, eventually getting me higher. Damn, these swings go high.

"Not too high, Matty!" I said to him, making him grab my hips and slowing me down a little.

"That better, love?" he asked, making my cheeks turn bright red.

"Y-yeah," I replied, forcing out the word, it came out in a squeak.

After a while, I got off the swing and walked around the park, taking in the scenery. After a minute, I heard Matty call for me.

"No, Kellin, come back!" he yelled from the swing.

I giggled and walked back to him. He grabbed my hips and made me sit on top of him while he was on the swing.

"Matty!" I yelled, laughing.

He began to laugh with me as I grabbed on to the chains. He put his hands on top of mine and started swinging. After a few seconds, he realized it wouldn't work, so he stopped, but didn't let me off of him. I turned around and looked at him, smiling.

"Let go of me!" I said in a laugh.

He let go of me and stuck his tongue out at me. I stuck mine back and walked to the slide. I climbed the ladder and just sat there, looking around. I then slid down it. When I got to the bottom, Matty jumped out in front of me, yelled "Boo!" and grabbed on to me, making me squeal.

"Matty, you idiot!" I exclaimed, giggling.

"Hey!" he replied, not letting go of me.

He tightened his grip a little, then slowly leaned in and kissed me. I eagerly kissed back, after it quickly sunk in as to what's happening, then deepened the kiss, putting my hands on his face. He broke it a few seconds later, looking at me.

"Kellin, I really like you, if you couldn't tell," he said, shyly, "Will you go out with me?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Yes," I replied.

He smiled back and said, "Good. Race ya to the swings!"

He got a head start running, and I ran after him.

"Hey, no fair!" I yelled, laughing.

I reached the swings, sitting on the one next to him. We began swinging, and he grabbed my hand and laced his fingers with mine. I looked at him, and he was smiling at me. I returned the smile and sighed.

Today was a good day....