Sequel: For the First Time

Diary of a Hunter

TEN

I shut the door to my locker, books in hand.

"Hey, you," I heard a voice say, and before I could even see who it was before a pair of lips was pressed against mine.

"Watch the PDA, Winchester," I teased, teasingly pushing him off of me.

"Watch that mouth, Summers," he shot back.

"Ha-ha," I said, sarcastically.

"Well, well, well," the two of us heard a voice sneer, causing Dean and me to turn around and see who it was.

"Walk away, Stephen," Dean warned, teeth clenched.

"Guess you only whore yourself off to Winchester, huh?" he said, snarkily as some of his guy friends laughed in response.

"That's it," Dean growled, beginning to storm towards Stephen.

"Dean, stop. He's not worth it," I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him back.

Stephen snorted, "I guess what they say about you is true. You live with... what that auto guy? Bobby Singer, right? The town drunk. Looks like worthlessness runs in the family."

"Okay, now that's it," I said, charging towards him, only to have Dean grab me backwards.

"Meredith," he warned.

"He can make jokes about you and me but not my family!" I exclaimed.

"Like you could take me," Stephen laughed.

"I don't know... last time wasn't really a fair chance since you drugged me," I growled.

"Wait, what?" one of his cronies asked.

Stephen just gaped back at me and Dean, "I uh, um, I don't want you're talking about."

"Like hell you don't. Come on, Mer," Dean said, placing a hand on my back and guiding me in the opposite direction. "You're right. He's not worth it."

~~~

3rd Person POV

Dean had just finished changing and was gathering his stuff after football practice as he heard some disturbing locker room talk.

"So I saw you with uh.. what's her name? Meredith Summers last Friday. She's hot, man," someone said. Dean froze. It better not be who he thought it would be or he'd be dead.

"Yeah, I know right? She totally gave it up," the other voice replied.

"Nice!" some other guys cheered.

Dean, fists clenched and jaw tight, slammed his locker door shut before walking over to the other side of the locker room to see none other than Stephen and more of the team.

"Right Winchester? I mean, you'd know, right?" Stephen asked, an evil smirk on his face.

And with that, Dean charged towards him, throwing punches left and right, pinning Stephen to the ground.

"What the hell, man?" Stephen shouted in pain. He fought Dean back but it was obvious that Dean had some experience in this. What a freak, Stephen thought. Fucking Winchester.

"What the fuck? You freak!" Stephen yelled.

"Don't you dare. Talk. About. Her. Like. That," he said, punching.

"Shit, man!" Stephen yelped, finally pushing Dean off of him and wiping the blood away from his face. There was a pause before Stephen ran at Dean, pushing him against the lockers and getting a punch in and it became and all out brawl.

"Boys!" the sound of a whistle tore them apart.

"What the hell is going on here?" Coach Kennedy asked.

"Nothing. It was nothing," Stephen said.

Coach looked from both boys, "Now I need the two of you playing at the top of your game on Friday. Do it again, and I'll have to say something." He then stood there, just long enough to instill fear in his players before leaving the locker room.

~~

"Dean, what the-," I asked, seeing the bruise on his cheekbone.

"It's nothing, Mer," he replied, trying to brush me off.

"That doesn't look like nothing," I said, worriedly.

"Yeah, and you should see the other guy," he snapped.

"Dean," I sighed. And that's when it hit me. "Stephen. What'd he do?"

"He was just... talking about you, okay? I couldn't do nothing!" Dean exclaimed angrily.

"Oh my God," I sighed, shaking my head.

"Oh come on! You wanted to do the same thing," Dean pointed out.

"I know, I know. I just... I don't want you to get hurt...." I trailed off.

"Mer, Dean, dinner's ready," Bobby called from the kitchen.

"Okay," we both called back.

I sighed, "Are you-, I mean, do you still want to tell Bobby and your dad tonight about... us? I mean, after this, ou know?"

"I kind of have to don't I? They're going to ask," Dean said, gesturing to his bruise.

I nodded slowly, "Yeah, I guess." Dean then started to walk towards the kitchen. I walked right up to him quickly, stopping him and pulling him into a tight hug. "Thanks. I don't think I ever said that."

We then let go of each other, heading into the kitchen and sitting down next to each other. Bobby had grown a little suspicious because apparently we'd been acting a little strange lately, but he hadn't said anything yet, he'd just given us strange looks. John on the other hand seemed to be quite oblivious to what was going on.

"What the hell happened to you?!" Bobby asked, seeing Dean as he put the last dish onto the table.

"Uh... some douche bag was talking shit about Meredith," Dean muttered.

"What?" John asked.

"Why would he do that?" Bobby asked.

"Because-," Meredith started.

"Because he's a douche bag. Case closed, alright?" Dean snapped. I could tell he was still trying to cool off from the day. Maybe that was his way of telling me it wasn't the right time to tel them either. I grabbed his hand under the table, causing him to look over at me. Sam looked from me and then to Dean. He knew exactly what was going on and I could tell he was enjoying this a little too much. Oh Sammy...

"So I'm going out on another hunt," John started, changing the subject.

"Oh, does that mean you're pulling us out of school again?" Sam asked, trying to hide his disappointment with the situation.

"Well," John sighed. "I'd like to have you boys with me. There are some important life skills that you need to learn. You know, come to think about it, Meredith, you should come too… if that's alright with Bobby."

Well that one definitely caught me off guard. "Oh okay. Is that okay with you Bobby?"

Bobby sighed, "You really think this is a good idea John?"

"She needs to learn these things. How else is she going to protect herself when she grows up?" John asked. They were talking about me as if I weren't there.

"I take her out on a few hunts," Bobby defended.

"Yes, but she's not going to learn much on just a few hunts. These boys have been training their whole lives and Meredith has a lot to catch up on," John argued.

"Meredith what do you think?" Bobby asked, hesitantly.

"Um," I said, alarmed. Why did they have to put the spotlight on me? I exchanged glances with Dean. "Um, okay sure. John is right anyways… I do have a lot to catch up on. But what would I do about school?"

"You'd only miss a few days," John replied.

I nodded, "Okay, yeah, I'd really like to come along this time."

"We can leave after Saturday night, right?" Dean asked, shifting uncomfortably. Uh oh, here it comes. Did he want to tell them now? Damn it, Dean! Make up your mind!

"What's Saturday night?" John asked.

"Well the homecoming game is on Friday. You are coming, right Dad?" Dean asked.

"Of course, son. But what's Saturday?" John asked.

"It's the uh… homecoming dance. Not a big deal though. it's stupid..." Dean replied. I could tell that he didn't want to sound like a girl but going to this was important to him.

There was a surprised clink of John dropping his fork on his plate in shock, "Really?" John leaned in glancing at his son suspiciously.

"Oh aren't you planning that, Meredith?" Bobby asked.

"Well, I'm helping… and yeah, I'm going too," I answered. Dean and I exchanged glances and under the table, Dean reached for my hand. I held onto his. We could do this. We could do this. We were not going to back out. They'd find out sometime, anyways!

"Oh really with who?" Bobby asked. He was onto us. He knew!

"Yeah, Dean… why is this dance so important to you. Is there someone I should know about?" John asked. He and Bobby exchanged glances and I could tell that Sam was shoving food in his mouth so that he wouldn't say anything. Oh my God. They knew. John was prying… they knew! Shit…

"Uh, well, that's, we actually wanted to talk to you about that," Dean started, glancing over at me anxiously.

"We? As in… the two of you?" Bobby asked.

It was now or never and I just had to do it quick; like ripping off a band-aid. "Yes. We're going… together," I spat out. I bit my lip, nervous as ever.

"You mean… together, together?" John asked.

"Yeah…" Dean trailed off.

"Wow," was all the two men could say.

"John, Bobby, there's something Dean and I should tell you," I started.

"I knew it!" Bobby announced.

"What's going on?" John asked, curiously. He leaned in, amused. Sam only snickered, hoping that the two of us wouldn't notice.

"So Dean and I…" I trailed off. Where the hell was I even supposed to begin with this?

"We're dating," Dean finally admitting. It was like ripping off a band-aid. There was a long pause and I swallowed hard. Dean and I both anticipated what or when John and Bobby were finally going to say something.

"So that's why you two have been acting so weird lately," John finally said.

"Yeah," I said, blushing.

"Huh, you know, I can't say that I didn't see this coming," Bobby said.

"Funny, me neither," John shrugged. And just like that they accepted the news. Dean and I were dating and it was okay with John and Bobby.

"Just be carefully with demons and everything. If they know, they'll use it against us. They already use the fact that we're family against us," John said.

"And you, boy, you hurt her, you'll have to deal with me," Bobby said.

"Yes, sir," Dean replied. Under the table, Dean gave my hand a tight squeeze as if to say 'we did it'. I smile and the two of us looked at each other.

~~~

The loud cheers of the crowd erupted as our team scored another goal. I stuck my hands in the pocket of my Sioux Falls High School hoodie and walked up the bleachers. I had been late to the football game but I was here now. I spotted Ethan sitting with a couple of his soccer buddies and made my way towards them. John and Bobby were coming soon too with Sam.

"Hey," I said.

"Wow, Meredith Summers, you're actually at a football game. This is really weird. Mer, we don't even go to football games! Well I go because of Lacey and now you're going for Dean, huh?" Ethan asked.

"Mhm. I can't believe he actually wanted to make it official. I mean, I can believe it and I'm happy about it but it's Dean, you know? Hey, did I tell you that John is bringing me along on a hunt? We leave Sunday," I replied.

"Just in time for you to go to homecoming with your boo," Ethan teased.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, hitting him playfully.

"Ow!" Ethan exclaimed.

"Oh come on, I didn't hit you that hard! You know what I think is even weirder though?" I asked, resting my elbows on my knees and watching the game.

"Huh?" Ethan asked.

"That I'm going to homecoming for starters and the fact that I'm going with you, Lacey, Molly the head cheerleader, and Cole. It's just so weird!" I exclaimed.

"I know, it really is," Ethan said.

"You know, I don't even understand this whole football thing," I said, focusing on the game.

"Well your boyfriend plays center so-," Ethan started but then we were interrupted by John, Bobby, and Sam who came and joined us on the bleachers.

"Ethan, long time no see. How have you been? How's your mother?" John asked, sitting on the other side of Ethan. Sam took a seat next to me and Bobby sat next to John.

"Hey kiddo, what's up?" I asked.

"Not much. I'm glad you get to come on the hunt with us this time. You'll keep Dean happy and Dad from freaking out about how I don't want to hunt," Sam said.

I smiled, "No problem. I'm actually kind of curious. I mean… I don't get to go on hunts much."

We continued to watch the game and cheer on Dean. In the end, we ended up winning. After the game, we all met with Dean. He was still on the field and had pulled his helmet off. He was all sweaty and sexy and I giggled when I first saw him.

"Hey, that was pretty awesome. I mean, you know I'm not really into the whole football thing but that was pretty cool," I smiled, meeting him. He pulled me into his arms, spun me around, and then set me down and kissed me.

"It was amazing, Mer! Just the thrill… I'm so glad you came," Dean said.

I smiled, "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"I can't wait for tomorrow night," Dean started.

"Oh yeah?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

"Yes," he replied.

"Way to go, son!" John said, greeting his son. I backed away and let them have their father-son bonding time. I knew that Dean wanted every moment he could get with his dad in a good mood. I smiled as I watched Dean and John interact. John gave his son a pat on the back, encouragingly. He was so proud of Dean and Dean was grinning from ear to ear. Just then, I realized I had forgotten my jacket on the bleachers, so I ran up there quickly and got it. As I came back down, I saw Stephen…

My heart froze in fear a little and I swallowed hard. I had been able to avoid him all week in school since his fight with Dean, but seeing him now just freaked me out. He gave me this look that read he was sorry, but there was something else. Anger? Resentment? Both?

"Hey, come on. Don't worry about him," I heard a voice say. I looked up to see Dean wrapping a protective arm around me and shooting Stephen a glare. He steered me away from Stephen. "Come on, let's get home."

I nodded, "Okay, yeah. Sounds like a plan," I replied uneasily. Dean and I walked away and I tried not to look back.