Sequel: For the First Time

Diary of a Hunter

ELEVEN

I stood on my tiptoes and painted to top part of the highest part of the booth. I continued to paint, although it was a stretch for me. Just then, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Hey, what're you doing here?" I asked, giggling. I turned around and smiled as I saw Dean standing behind me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. Dean kissed me back and then pulled away.

"I told you I'd come and visit you," Dean replied.

I giggled, "This is true. So what do you think of the place so far?" I asked.

"It's nice. It's starting to not look like the school gym anymore," Dean replied.

"Well that was the original intention," I said. Dean's hands went around my waist and I bit my lip and he nuzzled his face in my neck, kissing.

"Dean, not here," I giggled, trying to pull away from him even though my body was screaming at me not to.

"What can I say? My girlfriend looks hot," he said. He left a trail of kisses on my bare, right shoulder. I was wearing my sweatshirt that I had cut into an off the shoulder shirt a la Flashdance. I was wearing denim shorts too and had rolled up the sleeves till about elbow length.

I giggled again, "In front of everyone?" I raised my eyebrows and Dean turned around to see most of the homecoming decorating committee staring at us. I blushed and looked down as Dean started to laugh. "Dean, this isn't funny!"

"I'm sorry, Mer," he said, still not being able to control his laughter. I smacked his arm to get him to shut up. "Ow!" he exclaimed.

"Oh come on. Take it like a man," I teased. And instead of responding, he cut me off and just kissed me. "Was that supposed to shut me up?"

"Yes," Dean replied.

"Jerk," I teased. He shrugged innocently and I rolled my eyes jokingly, "I should get back to work though. I'll see you at home?"

"Yeah. Oh, and what're you wearing tonight?" Dean asked.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked back, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well I've got to know so that I can coordinate what I'm wearing with what you're wearing," Dean said, sarcastically.

"Oh, you're so funny," I said back, matching his sarcasm.

"I try," he shrugged innocently.

"I don't know. Definitely not red. We all know where that got me last time," I said, still feeling uncomfortable about the whole Stephen thing. I had seen him around school but had tried to my best to avoid him.

"Mer, don't let him stop you," Dean said.

"I mean, it's not even that. Red is, bright and stuff and I just… actually I have this pretty strapless crème dress. I think I'm wearing that," I said. Dean got this weird, distant look on his face. "Okay, what is wrong with you?"

"Nothing. I'm just trying to picture you in the dress," Dean said. I could tell that he was going further into the daydream.

"Oh my God, you're totally thinking about me naked right now aren't you?" I called him out.

"I'm a guy!" he defended, a smile on his face. If he weren't so damn cute I probably would've killed him by now.

"Ugh, Dean," I groaned. "You are such a horny teenager."

"I'm a guy," he shrugged this time, repeating his defense.

"Yes, I know that. You've made that quite clear to me. Hey, so I need to finish up and then I'll be home for like ten minutes to get my dress and then I'm going over to Molly's. Wow, I never thought I'd say that in my life. I'm meeting Molly and Lacey after this so I'll see you back at the house right before homecoming," I said.

"Do I have to leave?" Dean whined, jokingly.

"Yes because you are a distraction to me and most likely a disturber of the peace to everyone else. Now go!" I said.

"I like it when you're all bossy. It gets me all hot and bothered," he teased, a smirk appearing on his face. I rolled my eyes at him and gave him a little shove in the direction of the door.

"Bye, Dean," I said, urging him toward the door.

"Goodbye, girlfriend," Dean said, turning and kissing me before finally leaving the gym. I shook my head as he left. I had one hell of a boyfriend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I got to Molly's house, the smell of hairspray and a flattening iron hit met. I walked up the stairs and into where her mom had said her room was.

"Hey," I said, holding my dress in my hands and I peered into the room that Molly and Lacey were in. Molly was sitting at her vanity table and straightening her hair while Lacy was applying some make up. Neither girls had put their dress on yet.

"Hey, you're here! How'd decorating go?" Molly asked.

"Well. Dean surprised me and uh, he was quite a handful for the entire… five minutes that he was there," I chuckled.

"Tonya told me about that. She was decorating with you earlier. She said you guys got really into it," Lacey said, begging for details.

"No! Well, Dean was kind of all over me and I stopped him but he… he's so obnoxiously irresistible sometimes," I said, sighing and shaking my head. I couldn't help but smile although I really did find Dean obnoxious sometimes.

"Aw, you guys are so cute. Look at her, Molly, she's smiling. It's about damn time you two came around though! I hope you don't mind but Ethan kind of filled me in on you guys' history," Lacey added.

"Ooh, history? Do tell," Molly said.

"There's not much to tell," I said back.

"Her and Dean have practically been in love with each other since they were like, seven," Lacey said.

"We have not! Okay, maybe we have… a little though! Just a little!," I admitted, giggling a little. It sounded a little silly but Dean and I had always liked each other. If hunting weren't involved, Dean and I would've been that classic story of the two kids that grow up together and get married. Not that I wanted to marry Dean but that was just the cliché.

"Friends to lovers," Lacey said.

"Speaking of… so have you guys like… done it yet?" Molly asked.

"Uh," I started. That was quite a personal question and Molly and I barely knew each other

"Molly, you can't just ask something that. I mean, the two of you just became friends," Lacey said.

Friends? Okay, I guess we were friends now? I guess getting ready for homecoming together entitled friendship.

"Lacey, it's fine. Um, no we haven't. I mean, we really have just started dating so no," I said, a little bit uncomfortable. "And if Stephen Albright told you we did, he's lying."

"Ugh, I hate him. I can't believe what he did to you. That's just sick," Molly exclaimed.

"Trust me, I have to practically hold Ethan back every time he sees Stephen," Lacey added.

"Well thanks and yeah, it's… weird seeing him around school. I think it'll be even weirder tonight," I admitted. At least we were off the topic of sex.

"Well good for you for not letting him get to you. I know if I were you I would've stayed home for the next few months," Molly said.

"Thanks," I said.

"Is that your dress?" Lacey asked, pointing to my dress that I had laid on Molly's bed.

"Yeah," I replied.

"It's so pretty," Lacey smiled.

"Thanks, yours too," I said, seeing her dress.

"I'm thinking curls," Molly said, examining me. She and Lacey exchanged glances.

"Well I don't really know. It takes a lot of time and I'm not really good with curling irons really…" I trailed off.

"Oh don't worry. We've got you covered," Molly said, holding up her curling iron.

"Uh, okay," I said, nervously.

Once Lacey and Molly had finished my makeup and hair, we finally all got dressed. I was starting to really like the two of them. I mean, I had liked Lacey before but as Ethan's girlfriend, not as an actually friend. And Molly wasn't the bitchy popular girl that people made her seem. We had ended up bonding over little things like our favorite classes to TV shows. It was a step into the friendship.

"Ah, everyone looks so pretty!" Molly squealed.

"Let's get a picture," Lacey said, grabbing her Polaroid camera off the bed and holding it out in front of us. The three of us grouped together and Lacey snapped away. By the end we had a pretty good amount of pictures. Molly picked one out of the photos lying out on her bed.

"I like this one," she said. She took it and put a piece of tape on the back before sticking it onto the mirror. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Definitely," Lacey said back. Off back to Bobby's, where we were meeting the boys!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all pulled up in Molly's car in front of Bobby's house. The boys were waiting for us on the porch, just standing around and talking to each other. Dean leaned against the railing, his back turned towards us. He was wearing a light blue button down with khakis and a black tie that matched my shoes. I tucked a piece of my loosely curled hair behind my ear but it was hopeless and just returned to its regular place.

Molly, Lacey, and I talked and giggled on our way up to the porch to meet the boys. Our heels clinked about the steps while the boys turned our way. Molly and Lacey both went to meet Cole and Ethan as I saw Dean.

"Hi," I said, my eyes lighting up as I saw him.

"Wow," he said, look me up and down and taking a deep breath in. I blushed and bit my lip giggling a little. He was so embarrassing sometimes but it was the cute, flattery type of embarrassing.

"How are you?" I asked moving closer to him and playing with his tie. I looked up at him through my mascara laced eyes. Molly and Lacey had done the whole smoky eye look on me which I was surprised that I could pull off.

"A lot better, now," Dean smiled. He wrapped his arms around his waist and then kissed me. I kissed him back until I heard the door to Bobby's swing open. Dean and I pulled away quickly as soon as both his father, Andrea, and Bobby came out.

"Oh Meredith, you beautiful!" Bobby exclaimed, hugging me.

"Uh, thanks Bobby," I said, surprised.

"She looks just like her mother, doesn't she?" Andrea asked.

"She really does. Meredith, since when did you get all grown up?" Bobby asked me. I laughed and shook my head.

"I ask myself that every day. It feels like yesterday she was outside playing the mud and today, she's going to her homecoming dance with… Dean Winchester, for chrissake!" Andrea exclaimed.

"Oh they've always had a crush on each other," John said.

"You knew?" Dean asked, mortified, looking up at his dad.

"Of course I did!" John replied. Dean and I just exchanged glances and laughed.

"You have her back by curfew, you hear me boy?" Bobby asked Dean.

"Yes, sir," Dean said back.

"Bobby, he's responsible enough," John tried to reassure Bobby.

"Alright, alright. I think I'm going to need to get a picture," Andrea said, lightening up the mood.

"Oh God," I groaned as Andrea got out her camera. This was once again embarrassing but at the same time, it really felt like Andrea and Bobby were my parents. They pretty much were! They had practically raised me!

"Okay you two, smile," Andrea said.

Dean held me in his arms and then the two of us posed for a picture. Okay, Ethan and Lacey come here, I need to get a picture!" Andrea called out.

"Mom!" Ethan protested. I took Dean's hand and led him to the farthest end of the porch so that we could escape the gushing parents.

"Hi," Dean said, his face close to mine.

"Hi," I said back.

"I can't believe my dad knew all this time!" he exclaimed.

I laughed, "I think everyone but us knew, Dean. So… homecoming. Did you ever picture us going to homecoming?"

"No," Dean said, definitely. I laughed at how sure he was that we'd never go to homecoming. "But here we are. You look beautiful."

"Thank you," I said back.

"So how was getting ready with your new friends?" Dean teased.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "It was actually kind of nice. They did my hair and uh, my make up, and we ended up talking a lot. I like them."

"Good. See? Not as bad as you thought," Dean pointed out.

"Yeah, yeah, don't generalize. Stereotypes are bad, blah, blah, blah. I learned my lesson," I said back.

"I didn't say anything!" Dean protested, playfully.

"It was implied," I said back.

Homecoming ended up being a lot of fun. For the beginning Dean and I talked a lot until Molly and Lacey made me dance, making Dean dance too. It was silly because neither of us could really dance, but it didn't matter. A slow song came on and Dean and I just kind of stood there and looked at each other.

"So…" I started.

"Yeah," Dean said back. "So I guess this is the part where I ask you to dance with me?"

"I guess so," I said back.

"Meredith, dance with me?" he asked. I could tell that he felt so out of his element right now and to honest, so did I.

"Yeah," I responded. I wrapped my arms around his neck while his went around my waist and we swayed to the music. Halfway through the song, I started laughing a little.

"What?" Dean asked.

"Nothing it's just, this whole homecoming slow dance thing… it's funny. I mean, it's like people are clinging on for dear life to their dates as if it were the end of the world. It's just funny to me – God, I'm a terrible person," I said, not being able to control my laughter.

Dean sighed with relief, "Oh thank God, I'm not the only one that feels this way. It's all so mushy and… chick flick-y. I'm so glad you feel the same."

"Yeah. I feel so out of my element here… like a fish out of water," I said.

"I know, it's so weird. Think about how bad prom is going to be," Dean said back.

"Maybe we won't go to that… if you're here long enough," I said. That was something that bothered me. How long would Dean actually be here? I had thought all year but with his dad pulling him out of school all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a shorter time. Life was unexpected and so was John Winchester.

"Sounds like a very good idea," he said. He hugged me and when I pulled away I stood on my tip toes to kiss Dean. He kissed me back and it was like the whole dance was gone. It was just us two and I didn't feel uncomfortable or awkward anymore. But of course we pulled away and the whole was back.

Dean pulled up to Bobby's in the impala at the end of the night and just parked the car, and turned it off. Neither of us moved and we just sat there for a while.

"So, this is the part where I'm supposed to walk you to your door and kiss you goodnight, right?" Dean asked.

I giggled and nodded, "Yeah but you live with me so that's kinda weird."

Dean chuckled, "This is true. I guess we can just do that here."

"Okay," I said back.

Dean leaned in towards me and I met him halfway and he crashed his lips against mine. He pulled me a little closer to him as the kiss progressed. I could feel his tongue begging for entrance so I gave in and let him. Dean's hands went around my waist and one of mine was around his neck while the other was lost in his hair. I could barely believe that I was making out in the impala. Suddenly, the porch lights flicked on and Dean and I sprang apart. I laughed.

"Bobby is so overprotective sometimes," I chuckled.

"Yeah, I know," Dean groaned. I smiled.

"Don't worry. We have a whole couple of days with your very casual dad that goes out a lot. Sam can… sleep or something," I said.

"Yeah, we'll just kick Sam out," Dean shrugged, teasingly.

"We can't actually do that," I said.

"Oh don't worry, I'll find us time to be alone," Dean smirked.

I laughed and rolled my eyes before kissing him once more. I opened the door to the Impala and got out, Dean following. He locked the car and the two of us went inside the house.

"How was the dance?" Bobby asked. He was sitting on the couch in the living room, waiting for us. He put his book down as soon as he noticed us.

"It was nice," I said back.

Bobby look from me to Dean and then back to me suspiciously, "That's good."

"So I'm going to go upstairs and take a shower. We leave for the hunt tomorrow, anyways," I said.

"Oh God, I can't believe I'm letting you do this," Bobby groaned.

"Well, thank Bobby. And for letting Dean and me go to homecoming. I'm glad that we did," I said, exchanging glances with Dean.

"Yeah, thanks, Bobby," Dean said.

"Teenagers…" Bobby sighed, before returning to his book.

Once Dean and I were out of earshot and Bobby was far downstairs Dean and I burst into a fit of laughter.

"I've never seen him like that!" Dean exclaimed, laughing.

"Shhh," I quieted. "Well you are dating his kind of daughter." I shrugged and he smiled.

"Yeah, I know," he said. Dean then pressed me against the door to my room and kissed me.