Sequel: For the First Time

Diary of a Hunter

TWO

Dean and I entered the school library with Sam by our side. We had been here for a couple of weeks into the school year and already the academics were putting a strain on my life. It was junior year though so I wasn't surprised. I just had to remind myself of my goal: getting into a good college.

"How was your day?" I asked the both of them, casually, as I gazed at my planner in hopes that it would spark motivation to get some work done. No luck, of course!

"Good. I already have a creative writing assignment," Sam smiled, happily.

I chuckled, "Maybe you have a future in creative writing." I wanted to give the poor kid faith although I knew that he would probably be a hunter just like his parents.

"If it's up to my dad I'll become a hunter," Sam sighed. I searched the library for an empty table and found one almost immediately.

"And what's wrong with that?" Dean asked, defensively. I elbowed him in the ribcage.

"Ow!" Dean exclaimed. I glared at him as he made a face back at me.

"Shhhh!" the librarian shushed, glaring at the three of us as we made our way to a table.

"Sorry," I whispered and Sam shrunk away, hoping not to be seen or acknowledged with us. Dean, of course, only snickered.

"Ugh, I can't believe we have a stupid history paper due," Dean scowled, changing the subject. I looked over at Dean.

"Okay, Mr. Negative. Its two weeks into the school year. We've got to start doing work at some point," I replied, looking over at him. He sighed, unsatisfied. "Do you even do your homework?"

"Yeah, I just got caught up like last night," Dean replied,

"Jesus Christ," I sighed, rolling my eyes. He could be so irresponsible sometimes but hey, at least he had read the book.

"But Mr. Capulet actually thinks that we're going to write about that stupid film we watched in class? What was it… The Great Gatsby? Seriously there's nothing to write on that. This rich dude is in love with this married chick and then he gets shot. How does that even portray history?" Dean asked, sitting down. I put my book bag down next to the table and then sat down next to him.

"Ok first, there's a lot more to it. Second, you don't have to write it on that film. You can write it on any other historical film," I replied. I sighed. Sometimes Dean was just helpless when it came to school. These past few weeks had been interesting. I'd been working my ass off and he'd been… slacking off.

"I'll help you out if you want me to. Just go ahead and get some books on the time period and I'll walk you through essay writing. You have to look at it differently though. Sure, it was a fictional movie but it was based off of the book which was written in the time period. You have to criticize how the movie portrayed the time period. Was it accurate or not?" I offered. I could see Sam rolling his eyes at his older brother out of the corner of my eye.

"Oh my God, Mer, you're the best. Now I just need to learn about the 30's…" he sighed.

"It was set in the 20's you dumbass!" I teased, rolling my eyes playfully.

He chuckled, "I knew that. I was just testing you." He winked at me and I rolled my eyes at him, chuckling a little.

"Uh huh. Sure," I replied, unconvinced. I sat there waiting for him to get up and get books but instead he just looked at me. "What?"

"Um, we have another problem. I lost my library card," Dean explained.

"Already?" I asked.

"I don't read! I figured I didn't really need it anyways. Can you check books out for me?" Dean asked giving me his best puppy dog pout.

I sighed, "Fine, but just so you know, that works for Sammy so much better," I replied.

"What?! It works for-," Dean said, before giving up with a sigh.

"Go ahead and look for some. I'm just going to start an outline for my paper," I ordered.

"Okay," Dean said, getting up and searching the library.

"He's a character, huh?" I asked, as Dean left.

"If you could call him that, then yes," Sam answered.

I chuckled, "You know, he's a good guy, your brother. He means well he just... well you know him. He kind of sucks at the whole emotional vulnerable thing, even if it is asking for a favor."

"Yeah, but that's why we love him right?" Sam asked.

I nodded, "Unfortunately," and then returned to my homework.

Dean returned after ten or so minutes with a big pile of books, "So I don't actually think I'll use all of these but will you check them out for me anyways?"

"Yeah, I'll be back," I said, taking the stack of books with me to the front of the library.

I groaned the minute I was away from them. Dean Winchester could be so dumb sometimes – make that all the time. But I had this weird complex and all I wanted was to help him. I just didn't want to be that girl that does everything for him for him to then go turn around and date the popular girl. I was just the girl-next-door. I was just the friend. But sometimes it felt like more than that between me and Dean. I had been thinking about this and reminded myself that it was probably just a good idea to stop. If something happened between me and Dean, then okay, but if it didn't, I wasn't going to let me emotions control me. I needed to stop thinking about it though and just focus on my school work for now. That would probably be the sanest option at the moment.

~3rd Person POV~

Just then, Stephen slid into the seat across from Dean, right next to Sam.

"What up, man? Working on your history paper? Ugh, I hate that class," Stephen whined, settling into the environment. Sam rolled his eyes. He hated Stephen. He thought he was the most obnoxious out of all of Dean's obnoxious, douche-y football player friends.

"Yeah, not cool," Dean muttered. Sam rolled his eyes. It was as if Dean had put on this other facade that was even more careless as usual. Sam hated how hard Dean tried to fit in.

"You trying out for the football team?" Stephen asked, rather loudly.

"I thought the team spots were already filled up," Dean started. The truth was, he would've loved to have tried out, but with all the hunting stuff, he thought it'd be impossible. So during the summer, instead, he went on a hunt, skipping out on the team tryouts.

"Nah, man. Kid got kicked off the team. He was suspended. His parents busted him for drinking. Some other kids got kicked off because of grades too. Sucks, right? But we're looking for a replacement quick," Stephen filled in.

"Yeah, that does suck. When are tryouts?" Dean asked, like a dog whose ears had just perked up.

"Tomorrow," Stephen replied.

"Okay cool," Dean said, trying to downplay his excitement. Sam chuckled at the thought of his brother on a football team. Both older boys looked over at Sam.

"Oh uh, this book, it's funny," Sam said trying to find an excuse as he noticed the glares from his brother and Stephen.

"Right," Dean muttered.

"Dude, you must be so bummed about being back here. I mean, dude, you were probably getting some serious older woman tail out there on the road. Any hot chicks?" Stephen asked in a louder voice than normal in the library.

"Shh," The librarian shushed over at them. Both Dean and Stephen were quiet for a moment but then exchanged glances.

"I'd tap that," he smirked, nodding over at the librarian. "Hot librarian fantasty, knowhatI'msaying?!"

Dean didn't really know how to respond to that but played along with it, "Yeah dude. Totally hot. Cougars, man. Worth it..." Dean placed his hands behind his head and leaned back, reclining.

"You're so lucky," Stephen mused, amazed at Dean's up and go life style.

Sam just rolled his eyes and kept studying his math text book although he couldn't stop listening to their conversation. He knew his brother was still a virgin although he shamelessly lied about it to keep up his reputation. He knew that was something important to Dean and that Dean had somewhat established himself as a player over the summer. Over the summer, Dean had gone out with many girls, but never the same ones twice.

Poor Meredith. She had had to deal with Dean going out on dates and flirting with other girls all summer. He was glad that Meredith had been working at the café so often during the summer or else she would've gotten the worst of it. It bothered Sam because he knew that Dean had had a crush on Meredith since he had met her when they were seven. It was kind of dumb really but neither of them had said anything, and at this rate would never say anything to each other about it. Sam knew that it they'd be together though, someday.

"I know, man. But I'm glad I'm back here. You only get to mess around with high school girls once. Then you just get old and creepy," Dean replied. Dean sighed. He knew that he was talking about a special someone.

~End 3rd Person POV~

I found Dean sitting at one of the tables in the library. I walked over to his table and slammed a big pile of books that Dean had wanted me to check out for him.

"I still can't believe you lost your library card. Just get them in on time and if they're not back, you're paying the fines," I said, cocking my hip out and placing my hand on it.

"I will, geesh," Dean said, startled by the sound of the slamming of books onto his desk.

"Thank you," I corrected.

"Thank you," he replied, glaring at my playfully.

I stuck my tongue out at him, "Shut up. You love it when I get bossy."

"I hear that," Stephen chimed in. With those words, I shot him a weird look and Dean tensed, again, not the first time this has happened. Whenever Stephen did say something to me like that, Dean always got defensive. I grabbed my messenger bag, tossing the strap over my shoulder.

"Hey, where are you going?" Dean asked, as I started to leave.

"The Falcon and I'll be late if you keep me here any longer," I answered, playfully.

"Alright, just don't be late, honey. I'll have dinner on the table and everything," Dean joked, imitating the voice of a 50's housewife TV character.

I laughed, "I won't, honey," as I lowered my voice to play the husband to Dean's homemaker.

"See you," Dean replied.

"See you, Sam!" I said back, intentionally ignoring Dean.

"What? No love for me?" Dean called out.

"I'm not going to say it again. Quiet!" the librarian hissed, in passing. The librarian had he back to me as I turned around, just long enough to scold Dean silently and jokingly, causing him to laugh loudly, and the librarian to glare once again.

"Huh," Stephen marveled, sitting back and placing his hands behind his head. I could feel his pervy little eyes undressing me as I left.

~3rd Person POV~

"What?" Dean asked, tensing up a little. He could tell that Stephen was about to bring up something he didn't know if he wanted to talk about.

"Nothing it's just uh, she's kind of hot," Stephen smirked.

"Dude, don't go there," Dean warned, trying to keep his voice even.

"Ohhhhhhh, I get it. I'm sensing some kind of vibe there. You and her? You did spend your summer living with her," Stephen pried.

"Yeah, Bobby's just a family friend of ours," Dean shrugged, trying to close the conversation, but Stephen wouldn't budge. Dean wanted to avoid talking about Meredith because if Stephen found he had real feelings for her? Well, he'd never let him live that down. But if he didn't say anything, Stephen would go after her and Dean didn't want either of the two consequences.

"You get with that?" Stephen asked back, wiggling his eyebrows at Dean. Dean didn't know how to answer this one either. He could either lie and say he did or he could be honest. But what did he have to lose anyways? Plus, it was just a little white lie. What harm could it do? "Huh?" He held up his hand inviting Dean for a high five.

"Yeah, dude. Great lay," Dean laughed, high fiving Stephen back. Sam rolled his eyes and tensed up a little. His brother had told many lies but this by far was probably the worst.

"She's hot. 'I won't honey'," Stephen mocked. "What? You two playing a nice little game of house?"

"Nah, cut it out," Dean replied, defensively.

"Jeez, Winchester! No need to get all worked up about it," Stephen said. "Posessive much?" He sighed. "You'd think she'd be such a goody goody but damn. It was good?"

"Yeah, let's just stop talking about it, okay?" Dean snapped.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. You're being respectful and shit to your girlfriend. I didn't even know you were a girlfriend kind of guy, Winchester. Guess you lost your game. You're lucky though. You live in the same house and you don't even have to sneak out," Stephen sighed. "If only…"

"I mean… it was one time. We're not really do anything anymore so I'm uh, looking to play the field, you know? And she's not my girlfriend. I'm not a one woman kind of guy," Dean declared. It was hard for him to say...

"Seriously?" Sam scowled, flipping a page. Sam was ready to kill Dean. He knew that everything Dean had just said was a lie and he hated Stephen for provoking him to say those things.

"What, you've got a problem with what we're talking about, kid? You sure he's okay sitting here?" Stephen asked, asking his last question to Dean.

"No not a problem at all," Sam replied sarcastically. He was really becoming sarcastic after being on the road with his dad and Dean for so long.

"So she's available?" Stephen asked.

Dean thought about it. He didn't want to say yes but he couldn't say no either, "I guess, it's whatever." He managed to say.

"So uh... you talk to her for me?" Stephen asked, slyly, nudging Dean.

"Uh... I guess," Dean shrugged.

"Cool, dude! I'll hook us up then," Stephen grinned widely.

"Yeah," Dean shifted uncomfortably.

Dean and Stephen continued their conversation while Sam just tried to tune them out. This was going to be a long and tedious study session if these two kept this up.