Sequel: For the First Time

Diary of a Hunter

TWENTY ONE

My dad was leaving today so I knew I had to go say goodbye. As mad as I was at him, I wouldn't be able to let him leave without saying goodbye. I mean… he was my dad. I knew I just needed to suck it up and say goodbye to him. Maybe we'd try and working things out – but I felt that it was highly unlikely.

"Dad?" I asked. He was almost all ready to go and he looked surprised as he turned around and saw me standing there in the Singer living room.

"Meredith, I thought you wouldn't want to see my off," Dad said.

"I know, I uh, but I know I should. Wanted to. Had to," I said back, looking down a bit.

"I'm sorry, Meredith, for everything but I just want to protect you. I talked it over with Bobby about your relationship. It turns out I'm wrong about Dean," Dad said.

I nodded, as if to say 'I told you so' but I knew that I probably shouldn't say it out loud, "I'm sorry that I kept picking fights with you. These past couple of days have just been such a rollercoaster with you."

"I know," Dad said.

"So can we just… stop fighting and call it quits? I'm mad at you for not being my dad and choosing to be someone else's dad and for not being around enough. I know I've been passive agressive about it... but it hurts, Dad! You didn't even show up for my birthday," I admitted, hurt.

He sighed, "I know. And I'm sorry. I know saying that won't make up for any of it but I want to try. If you'll give me the chance."

"Of course. You're... my dad. I mean, we fight but... I'm ready to call all of this quits. Try to be a little more agreeable," I offered up, chuckling a little. Dad smiled, making me smile.

"Yes, I'll try and stop by more often… and call," Dad said. "And stop meddling." I chuckled a little bit. "I really need to go, sweetheart."

I nodded, "Right, sorry."

"Goodbye, Meredith," Dad said.

"Bye, Dad," I replied. My dad pulled me in for a hug and for once, I hugged him back and really meant it. He let go of me and looked at me one more time.

"God, you look just like your mother. If she could see you right now… I wish she could," Dad reminisced.

"Me too, but you need to get going. I'll call you tonight?" I suggested.

"That sounds great," Dad replied.

"Okay," I said.

"Bye, sweetie," Dad said.

"Bye, Dad," I replied.

~~~

I sorted through the laundry down in the basement that was laying in baskets right near the washing machine. The basement included a couch and an old TV that was in black and white and only go basic channels that was hooked up to a VCR. I liked to come down here and watch old movies sometimes. There was another room that Bobby had talked about creating into a panic room but I never really knew when he'd actually do it. The rest of the basement contained shelves upon shelves stocked with hunting equipment, herbs, and hunting books. It was quite the hunter's library.

I stared at the numerous baskets of laundry. Living in a house with five other people meant that the laundry load was pretty large. It wasn't necessarily that I was upset, but more that I was overly emotional and when I was overly emotional, I liked to do some kind of chore to get my mind off of things. This time, I chose laundry. I had just loved, fought with, hated, made up with, and then promised a better relationship with my father, had sex with Dean and gained a new half sister. This weekend was going to be something that I'd always remember.

I hummed to myself softly one of my favorite Jimmy Eat World songs. I sorted through the laundry and added more and more items of clothing into the washing machine down in the Singer basement.

"Hey, do you have any room for one more thing?" I heard a voice say. My humming stopped and I turned around to see Dean standing at the bottom of the steps of the basement. He walked closer and close towards me, removing his shirt and handing it to me.

I smiled at him and took the shirt, "Yeah, but you're in luck. Just one more thing." I tossed the shirt into the washing machine and then closed the lid. I had already added the soap so I hit a couple of buttons and the washing machine was going. I giggled as I felt Dean's arms wrap around my waist. I turned around to get a good look at him.

God, he looked amazing shirtless. His arms were toned and strong and those abs… I felt my breath catch in my throat. He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back and he held up me, forcing me to wrap my legs around his waist. Dean set me on the washing machine and continued to kiss me. His hands were all over and mine moved from around his neck, to his shoulders and his back. He played with the hem of my shirt and I giggled as he kissed my neck.

"Dean, that tickles," I smiled.

"Sorry," he chuckled. I felt his lips twist into a smile against my neck.

"God, I love you," I groaned, closing my eyes as he hit my sweet spot.

"Oh my God, I should uh, come back later," a voice said. Dean and I pulled away from each other and turned toward the doorway. Sawyer, the little brunette girl with wavy long hair stood in the doorway, her hands over her eyes.

"Uh… sorry," I mumbled.

"No problem," she said uncomfortably. She turned around and hurried up the steps. I bit my lip and Dean and I both laughed.

"That's one way to meet your new half sister," Dean said.

"I know, right?" I asked back. Dean walked over to the door and shut it for good. I heard a click, meaning that he had locked the door. "Dean, what're you doing?" I eyed him curiously but instead of responding, he returned to me and kissed me aggressively. My eyes widened when he pressed his lips against mine. I wasn't expecting that much of a kiss!

Dean resumed our previous make out session. He stood between my legs as I straddled him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he skipped a couple of steps, kissing my neck. He nipped and sucked my sweet spot and I moaned, arching my back towards him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me off of the washing machine. He brought me over to the couch and gently laid me down on it. He climbed on top of me and resumed our kiss.

"Your dad is gone, mine and Bobby are asleep, Sawyer and Sam are upstairs, and the door is locked. We are in a basement where you can't really hear anything," Dean said.

"Oh really? Is that so?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yes, so you and I, Meredith Summers, can do whatever the hell we want," Dean smirked.

"Bring it, Winchester," I challenged.

"Oh you know I will," Dean replied.

~3rd Person POV~

"Oh my God," Sawyer sighed, pressing her back against the door to the basement steps. "Oh my God." The look on her face was traumatized. She uncovered her eyes and groaned. She hit her head against the door. "Ow…"

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it," a voice said. Sawyer turned around to see Sam Winchester sitting at the kitchen table.

"Hi," Sawyer said.

"Hi," Sam said back, giving Sawyer a friendly smile.

"Are they… always like that?" she asked, still not over what she had just seen. I mean, she had just arrived here and already Sawyer had seen her new sister making out with her boyfriend. What a welcome party.

"Yeah, but you learn how to avoid it after a while," Sam said.

"You made breakfast?" Sawyer asked, curiously.

"Yeah, do you want some? I can make another egg and uh, cereal is over there in that cabinet," Sam replied, pointing over the left cabinet.

"Yeah, that'd be great actually. I'm starving," Sawyer said. "I'm Sawyer. Sawyer Summers."

"Sam Winchester," Sam replied, shaking her hand. As the two gripped hands they smiled at each other. Sawyer couldn't help herself. He was just so cute! Sam got up and went over to the stove and turned it back on. "Scrambled? Fried?"

"Scrambled would be great. So you're not like… related to us or something, right? You live here though?" Sawyer asked.

Sam laughed, "No, Dean is my older brother."

"Oh," Sawyer said.

"Yeah. Bobby is a family friend of ours. My dad, brother, and I stay here sometimes when we're taking a break from… the job. Did Caleb tell you about the uh, family business?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, you guys-, we are hunters," Sawyer said. "Sorry, I'm still not used to that. I mean, Caleb took me out on a few hunts and I think I was pretty traumatized after the first one. I got used to them after a while but we usually just stayed at the house in Florida."

"Oh, nice. Well Meredith and Dean have been dating since about end of August-early September," Sam said.

"They seem good together," Sawyer said.

"Yeah, they've kind of been in love with each other since they were like seven," Sam replied.

"Ah," Sawyer said.

"Here is your egg," Sam said, turning off the stove.

"Thank you so much," Sawyer smiled. This Sam guy was polite, sweet, and really cute. She was so happy that they weren't related!

"It's not a problem," Sam shrugged, going back to the kitchen table. Sawyer followed him back to the kitchen table and placed her plate with the scrambled egg on it right next to her cereal. She took a sip of her water and then began to eat her breakfast.

"So how was Florida? Are you excited to be here?" Sam asked.

"Yeah kind of actually. I think Dad really prepared me for being here and, I don't know, it's kind of just like a clean state. Back home… after my mom, I kind of started acting out. Plus middle school is though. No one likes middle school. I'm glad to get away from all of that," Sawyer explained vaguely.

"Well if it helps, Sioux Falls isn't too bad. And your sister and my brother both go to the high school so they'll be right down the street from us," Sam said.

"Yeah, I guess it'll just be a little nerve-wrecking though coming in without knowing anyone. Having to make all new friends," Sawyer sighed.

"Well you've got me," Sam offered up. Sawyer smiled.

"Okay," Sawyer replied. She could feel that this would be the beginning of a great friendship. Did she want more? In time, maybe