Sequel: For the First Time

Diary of a Hunter

TWENTY THREE

"Happy birthday," I said in the morning. I kissed Dean on the cheek and sat down next to him at the kitchen table.

"Thanks," Dean said.

"I'm officially dating an older man," I teased.

"Yeah, by like… five months. Don't make me sound creepy!" Dean groaned, shaking his head and laughing at me.

"I'm just kidding!" I said back.

"I know, baby," Dean replied.

"Is this getting a little too lovey dovey for you?" Dean and I both heard Sawyer ask. We turned to her and saw Sam erupt in laughter. He nodded in agreement with her and the two just sat there. Dean and I laughed too.

"You know, I like her," Dean said, looking at me.

"See, I told you would. After I got over the whole dad thing I mean, she's pretty cool, yeah?" I asked.

"Definitely," Dean said.

"So are you excited for your big birthday dinner tonight?" I asked, curiously.

"It's just a birthday, Mer. You didn't have to do all this," Dean replied.

"Oh this is way too early in the morning for me," Sam groaned, closing his eyes and throwing his head back over the chair.

"You only turn seventeen once!" I declared. "And you're my boyfriend and I love you." Dean turned to me and kissed me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sawyer and Sam making faces. Sawyer was pretending to throw up while Sam was laughing at her. I laughed and pulled away from the kiss.

"What?" Dean asked, pulling away.

"Nothing," I giggled. When Dean looked away, I looked over at Sawyer. I motioned for her to cut it out and she just shrugged innocently. Yep, that's my sister.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school, Sam and Sawyer were at some after school sports thing while John had gone out to get something. Bobby was out in the salvage yard and it was just me and Dean in the house… alone.

"As for you birthday presents I uh, made you another mix," I started, handing it to him.

"Cool," he said, looking over it. He scanned the list of songs. "I haven't heard of half of these bands." Dean chuckled as he put the CD on my bed.

"Yes, well they're a little bit more contemporary than what you're used to. They're no Led Zeppelin or AC/DC but I mean, they're harder rock. Thought you'd be in the mood for it at some point," I shrugged.

"Thank you," he said, pulling me close to him and kissing me. I smiled and pulled away after one kiss.

"And there's something else. I couldn't help but notice the ring you had on your finger so I uh, I was in town and found some protector's charm ring. Just uh, you know... just in case you needed another ring and I, well, I get worried so maybe if you wore another protector's ring you'd be extra safe," I said, giggling at how stupid I sounded. I showed him the ring. It was a solid band with a protector's symbol engraved over and over again.

"Wow... Mer, this is... I mean, don't you think we're a little too young to get married? And- and shouldn't I be proposing to you?" Dean teased.

"Fuck you," I said sarcastically playful while punching him in the arm.

"Yeah, I have," he smirked.

"Dean," I groaned.

"I'm just messing with you, Smalls. I love it," he said, a sincere smile on is face.

"I love you," I said back. I laughed at how cheesy that sounded. He put the ring on.

"It looks good on you," Dean said.

"Huh?" I asked.

"The bracelet," he replied.

"Oh, yeah," I said, smiling and looking Dean. I wore the bracelet that he gave me for Christmas every day.

"I love you too, for the record," Dean said. He leaned in and kissed me. I deepened the kiss and he pulled me down to the bed, climbing on top of me.

"Mm, Dean, I've got to go help with your birthday dinner at the Falcon soon," I groaned, reluctantly. If it was up to me, I probably would've stayed here with Dean but it was his party that I was helping out at. Maybe that'd help him let me go because I wasn't quite sure I'd have the strength to walk away.

"So? You still have an hour," Dean smiled into the kiss, persuasively. Damn, he was doing a really good job at this.

"I know," I said.

"It's been a while," Dean started, kissing me. God, the things he did made my heart race. He was really going to convince me, wasn't he?

"It's been a couple of weeks, Dean," I reminded with a little chuckled.

"Like I said, it's been a while," Dean repeated. I giggled. "We'll call it birthday sex. Dad is out. Bobby's working. Sam and Sawyer are still at school. I'll pick them up in an hour and you can go the Falcon. It all works out." As he said these words, we were practically tearing each others' clothes off. Dean was left in his boxers while I was left in a bra and underwear.

"Well it is your birthday…" I trailed off, playfully. Dean slid his hand between my legs and began touching me, "Oh God… Dean!"

"Is that enough convincing for you?" he asked, sliding his fingers in and out of me.

"God, yes. Oh Dean," I moaned. I closed my eyes as the pace of my breathing began to quicken. "I'm so close." And then he pulled out of me. I glared at him and whimpered, "You're mean."

"Yeah, I guess I am," he shrugged.

"Tease," I said. I then pushed down his boxers. He began to remove what was left of the clothing on my body. He had won and I had lost but it was going to be so worth it.

When we were done, Dean and I just laid there, tangled in the sheets and each other. I rested my head on Dean's chest, the sheets wrapped around my body. I could hear and feel his quick heartbeat begin to slow to its normal pace. Dean's arm was around me as I traced little figures on the arm that was draped over me and he stroked my hair.

"I think we get better at this every time we do it," Dean said.

I nodded, "Me too." Frankly, I was exhausted and did not want to have to go to the café and make dinner now.

"That was damn good, baby," he sighed, breathlessly.

"Uh huh," I replied.

"Best birthday ever," he said.

"And we haven't even gotten to the end of it," I said.

"What, you want to go again?" Dean asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I would say yes but… oh shit, I have to go. I'm going to be late and you need to go pick Sam and Sawyer up!" I exclaimed, practically jumping out of bed, the sheet still wrapped around me.

"Babe, chill. It's okay," Dean said.

"Ah," I groaned, searching for my clothes. I practically threw them on. Dean just laid there on the bed, nonchalant about everything. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him smirk. I looked over at him and crossed my arms over my chest. "What?"

"Nothing, you just look great naked," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm going to pretend that you didn't say that. I'll see you later tonight." I kissed him quickly hurrying towards the door."

"I love you," Dean said.

"You too," I replied, practically sprinting towards my car.

I got the café and I knew that I seemed really flustered and in a hurry.

"Where have you been?" Ethan asked.

"Busy, doesn't matter. What've you guys done so far?" I asked.

"I'm cutting stuff up for the salad and Mom is cooking the lasagna noodles. You can help with the sauce and bread," Ethan ordered.

"Okay, Mr. Bossy Pants," I teased.

"No really though, you're late. It's your boyfriend's birthday. I would think that you'd at least want to be on time for that," Ethan, as if he were scolding him.

"I was with him," I admitted, unwillingly.

"Birthday sex?" Ethan teased. And when I didn't answer he knew what was up. "Oh my God, when did this happen? How long have you… and you didn't tell me!"

"No! Ethan, that would be the world's most awkward conversation! We've been… since late December, the Christmas party," I admitted, sighing. I ran my fingers through my hair.

"You didn't tell me?" he repeated.

"I, no I didn't," I said.

"Wow, that's… crazy," Ethan said.

"I know," I sighed. "Look, can we just not talk about this right now?"

"Yeah, sure," Ethan said.

"And by the way, I'm loving this. What is this?" I asked, referring to the music that was playing.

"Jimmy Eat World. They're coming out with an a new album this summer. I'm so excited!" Ethan exclaimed.

"Sweet, can I borrow it?" I asked.

"Of course," he replied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Dean, happy birthday to you," we all sang.

"Okay, make a wish," I encouraged.

Dean looked over at me and then stared at the candles, thinking for a moment before finally blowing them out.

"What'd you wish for?" I asked.

"I can't tell you that, silly. It won't come true," he said.

I giggled, "Yeah…"

"Thank you for this," Dean said.

"Not a problem," I replied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: The ring in the chapter is supposed to be the one that Dean always wears on his right hand, ring finger in the episodes!