Sequel: For the First Time

Diary of a Hunter

TWENTY EIGHT

"Hold on. That's not the end is it? That sucks! I'm so confused…" Victoria asked.

"Chill! There are tons more composition books here. Okay, um, let me look. Oh, here! Your mom wrote for a year before it said anything about Dean again. This next entry dates… June of 1997. It's been more than a year since your mom actually wrote in this thing," Haley replied.

"What do you mean? What does it say?" Victoria asked, eagerly.

"Do you want to read it?" Haley asked, glancing over at her cousin.

"Sure," Victoria said, taking the notebook from Haley and beginning to read it.

"Diary, it's been a while huh? It's been a little over a year, yeah? You'll never guess who showed up…" Victoria began to read. The two girls were hooked.


"Hey, Meredith, can I ask you something?" Molly asked, curiously.

"Huh?" I asked back, turning my attention away from the television to her. It was a couple of days after graduation and we were officially done with high school! I was going to Syracuse in upstate New York while Molly was going to a fashion institute in the city. We'd be a couple of hours away from each other but at least we'd still be close. "Yeah sure."

"Do you ever think about Dean?" Molly asked.

I could feel the blood rushing through my body as she mentioned his name, "Yeah, sometimes why?" That was a complete lie. I definitely still thought about him.

"Just curious," she said.

"I mean, it's been a year… we talked a bit for the first three months and then… I don't know we just stopped. I don't know what happened but yeah I do still think about him. Some days I can go without a thought about him and other days…" I trailed off.

"Other days, what?" Molly asked.

"Why are you curious?" I asked back, suspiciously.

"Nothing, I was just wondering. You haven't mentioned him in a while and you went to prom with Jason. You guys have been pretty friendly lately," Molly replied.

"Well what am I supposed to do? Hold out for Dean until they get the demon? That could take ages, Molly!" I sighed, unsatisfied. I had tried and tried to get over Dean this past year but I never truly had. We had also told Molly about hunting and after a while, she became okay with it. I could tell that she was pretty freaked out at first though.

"No, I was just wondering if you had moved on or something," Molly said.

"What, are you seeing him?" I asked, jokingly.

"No!" she exclaimed. "I thought you had a good time at prom, though."

I nodded slowly, "I did... it's just... I watched the seniors go to prom when I was a freshmen and well, I always thought it'd be me and Dean, you know? Even when we both were too scared to say anything. I always thought it'd be me and him."

"I know," Molly said, sympathetically.

At that moment, Molly got some weird phone call. She had been getting a lot of weird phone calls lately. "Who is it?"

"Oh it's just Cole," she said, jumping excitedly and taking the phone into her bathroom. The phone's cord led a trail to the bathroom. I grabbed the popcorn wall from off of the floor and returned my attention back to the TV.

"I guess it's just you and me now, Molly Ringwald," I said to the television, as I continued to watch Pretty in Pink. This had been Molly's idea. I didn't even know if I liked Pretty in Pink. It was so… chick flick. God, I sounded like Dean. Molly came back into the room and I looked over at her. "Hey, what did you and Cole ever end up deciding?"

She shrugged, "We'll try the long distance thing and if it doesn't work, well it doesn't work."

I nodded, "That sounds like a good idea."

"Yeah, I'm happy," Molly said.

"I'm glad. Hey, what'd he want anyways? Midnight booty call?" I asked, teasingly.

"You could say that," she replied.

I gave her a funny look, "Okay this girls' night in was your idea. You better not be abandoning me now!" I exclaimed.

"No worries," Molly said. She sat down with a satisfied look on her face. Something was up and there was something she was not telling me. I was dying to find out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Molly and I had ended up passing out pretty early. I heard the strangest noise though which seemed to start waking me up. It was like a tapping on the window pane.

"Molly," I whispered, sleepy as ever. "Molly."

Ugh, damn it. It was no use. She was not waking up. I opened my eyes and began to make my way over to the window. If it were some crazy ax murderer I wouldn't have any of my equipment with me. I reached the window and to my surprise, there was a handsome young man throwing rocks at my window. I gasped when I saw who it was. It was none other than Dean Winchester. My heart must've skipped about a billion beats. How was I not dead yet? I quickly unlatched the window, my hands shaking.

"Hi. What the hell are you doing here?" I asked in a loud whisper, attempting not to wake Molly's dad up.

"I'm here to kidnap you," Dean said.

"Isn't this a little bit too romantic chick flick for you?" I asked, looking down at him. He had grown a lot and it looked like he had a little bit of stubble. Was he taller?

Dean shrugged, "Molly's idea, not mine." Ah, I had known she was up to something. Was this really it?

"Come out with me!"

"Shhhh. Okay. Let me just tell Molly I'm leaving. I'll meet you around the front door," I said.

"Okay," Dean said back. I closed the window.

"Molly, Dean's here. What the hell did you do?" I exclaimed, excitedly.

"Huh?" Molly asked.

"Dean's here," I repeated.

"Happy graduation!" she smiled, wickedly.

"I can't believe you did this…" I trailed off.

"Well aren't you happy?" she asked.

"Yes, of course I am. Thank you…" I replied. "I really don't even know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything. He called me a month ago asking to see you after graduation. We've been planning for a while," Molly shrugged innocently.

"Oh my God," I gasped, throwing my arms around her and hugging her.

"As much as I'd love to have a best friend moment, you need to go and kiss," Molly said. She grabbed some lip gloss from her vanity table and put it on me.

"Uh, so this is why you've been acting so weird lately? And the call earlier. That wasn't Cole was it?" I asked.

"Nope," Molly said. "Look up." I did and she put some eyeliner on me. I took out my hair from it's pony tail and ran my fingers through it. "Don't brush it you. You have the whole sexy, messy look going on." Molly threw me a tank top and a push up bra with the tag still on it.

"Molly, what'd you do?" I asked her, shooting her a look as I caught he bra.

"Happy graduation," she only repeated. I shook my head at her although I was far from mad. I ran into the bathroom and quickly put the bra on. It was a little lacy and a small push up. It was just enough natural and just enough sexy. I threw the tank top over the bra. It was just enough cleavage, but not slutty. I was left in this and my plaid pajama bottoms.

"AH! You look amazing! I should be a famous stylist. Okay, now go before he gets impatient," Molly encouraged.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," I said.

"No need to thank me. Just don't waste this opportunity and time and go be with him, Mer," Molly encouraged, excitedly. "I've watched you pine over this boy all year. Now's your chance."

"Thank you!" I said again.

I hurried down the steps, trying not to make too much noise. I unlocked the front door and then closed it behind me. Dean was sitting on the front steps, waiting for me.

"Hi," I said.

"Hi," he said back, his eyebrows raising as soon as he saw me.

"So uh… what now?" I asked.

"Now, we go somewhere," Dean replied.

"You gonna tell me where?" I asked again.

"If I told you, it'd ruin the whole surprise," Dean replied. "Hey, you still wear that." Dean motioned to my wrist and I looked at the leather bracelet he had given me.

"Oh yeah, I just kind of got… used to it, I guess," I stammered.

"Huh," Dean sounded. And with that, Dean led me to his car and we were off. I had missed being with Dean and feeling this way. My only concern was that my feelings would get me into some big trouble.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole car ride seemed to be casual and friendly. We just talked about what had been going on with us and we laughed. Ugh, I hadn't laughed like that in a long time. Dean always knew what to say to make me feel good.

"Here is your room. Enjoy," the guy said. Dean brought his duffel bag in and another bag that looked like mine.

"Hey is that-," I started.

"Molly packed a bag for you," Dean filled in.

"Huh," I sounded. I looked around the place was beautiful. It was a nice, homey room with a kitchen, king size bed, bathroom, and TV. "Dean, why are you doing all of this?"

"I called Molly about a month ago. I knew you were finishing up school and I uh, we haven't exactly seen each other in about a year so and I wanted to see you. I hope it's okay… that I'm here. And I got this place because… well we haven't seen each other in a while and I wanted it to be… nice. Look, we don't have to do anything you don't want to," Dean said.

I nodded, "Thank you. I really don't know what to say. I'm overwhelmed… in a good way."

"Happy graduation," Dean said, stopping and smiling at me. He seemed so proud of me.

"Thanks," I said back.

"I wish I could've been there but I got tied up on a hunt. You know, I'm starting to go off on my own. Find my own hunts," Dean said.

"Wow," I said back.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool," Dean shrugged casually. I giggled.

"Well, at least I know you don't hate me," I started, uncomfortably.

"What?" Dean asked, stopping and looking at me.

"I haven't heard from you since last May. I just thought that maybe you found someone else or you realized you hated me or something and didn't want to see me," I confessed, partially joking, even though there was a lot of truth to the statement.

"What? No! How could you think that?" Dean chuckled. I took one good look at him. He'd grown up. His eyes held stories that I had yet to hear. There was a little stubble on his face and it seemed like he had gotten taller.

"I-, I-," I stammered, afraid of what I was about to say. "I missed you."

"I've missed you too," Dean replied. "I wanted to call but things got busy and Dad said it might not be best if we were in contact for a while. You know. I was on the road and would be for a while. It's not fair to you."

I nodded slowly, Speaking of, how are things with your dad… and Sam?"

"Dad is fine. Sam is… whatever he's in his teenage years. I guess he has a right to be moody and pubescent all the time," Dean sighed.

"He's growing up. He wants different things than you guys do," I reasoned.

"Yeah, well he shouldn't. Family comes first," Dean said. I was a little surprised at Dean's answer. Life on the road had really changed his perspective on things. I mean, of course I knew that he was going to become a hunter but he said those with such conviction – something that I hadn't heard from him. He seemed surer.

"Sorry, I can tell it's getting you all fired up. Should we talk about something else?" I asked, anxiously. I didn't want to get in an argument with Dean on the night that we had finally got to see each other again. Frankly, I wasn't sure if I'd ever see him again.

"Sure," Dean replied.

I lay back on the bed. I looked over at the clock on the wall, "Wow, is it really 12:30?"

"What is it your bedtime already, Smalls?" he teased. I rolled my eyes at his nickname for me even though I had missed hearing him call me that. Dean lay on the bed too and I turned on my side to face him.

"No, I was just curious, Mr. Independent, I got out on hunts all by myself," I teased back.

He smiled and I smiled back at him. Dean's eyes flickered from mine to my lips, to my cleavage, and then back to my eyes. He wanted to kiss me and at that moment, I wanted to kiss him. What the hell were we getting into? We both leaned in. Dean crashed his lips against mine and I kissed him back. It was like two puzzle pieces that had gotten lost and then finally, whoever was putting the puzzle together found the pieces and put them back together again.

"Wait, wait, Dean-," I started.

"I'm sorry, should I have not-," Dean started.

"NO, no, I wanted to it's just… I'm guessing that you're really only here for a couple of days," I said, pulling away from him.

"Yeah. I guess I should've said something. I'm only staying tonight and tomorrow night and then I have to get back before anyone notices I was gone," Dean said.

"Wait, your dad doesn't know you're here?" I asked.

Dean shook his head, "No… things would just get… kinda messy if he did know I was here. He thinks I'm checking out a case in Nebraska."

"Okay. Well, all I'm saying is, it's taken a while for me to get over you and," I started. I watched as Dean's face fell. I sighed. "if we do this, I don't know. A kiss isn't really just a kiss between us."

"I know, I'm sorry. I probably shouldn't have come-," Dean started.

"No!" I protested.

"But I wanted to see you," he completed. I couldn't make up my mind.

"I'm glad that you came," I said.

"Me too," Dean replied.

I took a deep breath before looking him in the eye again. I wanted him. It was plain and simple.

"Damn it," I swore under my breath. "We worry so much about what happens after instead of what happens now. I-, Dean, we spent a year apart and you come back and I see you and it's like nothing happened. Maybe... maybe we should just take advantage of the time we have together. Last time, you left and it happened so fast and, well, you just never know, you know?" I laughed the redundancy of my words before looking to him for a response.

"I'm game," Dean said. We both knew that we wouldn't be able to stop if we tried anything.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes playfully, "You're game?"

"Definitely," he answered, shooting me a look. I knew that look. It was that look that had led to our laundry room hook up, our first time, and many times after that. I then leaned in and crashed my lips against him.

Part of me expected to feel like this was wrong and that I shouldn't be doing this but it felt so right in so many ways. I had been with other guys since Dean but we had never gotten far and none of them had made me feel this way. Dean began to kiss my neck the same way that he used to, making me want him even more. And all the sweet memories came flooding back into my mind. His kisses were intoxicating.

"Is this okay?" he asked.

"Yes," I gasped.

"We've gotta keep quiet, baby. Other people are trying to sleep," Dean teased.

"Please, you'll be screaming my name by the end of this night," I challenged.

"Oh really? Because I think you'll be screaming my name first," Dean replied, practically ripping my tank top off.

I reached up and met his lips with mine. He licked my bottom lip begging for entrance and I caved. I let him in and his tongue massaged against mine. I went for the buttons on his button up, undoing them one by one. Dean broke the kiss to remove the shirt that he had under it, throwing it elsewhere. I smiled at him and he smiled back at me as we pressed our foreheads together. The two of us breathed heavily.

"You're beautiful," he breathed out.

I then rolled us over so that he was on the bottom. I took my bra off and threw it elsewhere where Dean gave me that look of wonder in his face. He looked so sweet and innocent sometimes; it was cute.

I kissed my way down to the edge of his pants and he let out a quiet moan. I unbuckled the belt and then undid his jeans, pulling them down.

"Do you have protection?" I asked, returning to his lips.

"Yeah," he said.

"So you just knew I was going to have sex with you, huh?" I asked, in between kisses and laughter.

Dean shrugged, "Can never be too prepared, right?"

I looked up from Dean and he leaned down to kiss me again. I felt the cool touch of his protector's charm that he always wore around his neck hit my bare chest as his lips connected with mine again. This was heaven, pure bliss right here. He grabbed my ass, grinding into me as we continued to makeout.

"Oh my God," I gasped into the kiss.

"You can call me Dean," he said back. In response, I grabbed one of his hands, sliding it down south to let him know what I wanted. Dean stopped, looking down at me. "Are you sure? What happened to not… I mean, I leave and-," Dean panted. I knew that it was killing him not to have to stop.

"Just shut up and fuck me," I demanded. I wasn't quite sure if it was just the heat of the moment or being overcome by lust but the words just tumbled out of my mouth.

Dean smirked, "That, I can do." With that, he hooked his fingers around the waist band of my underwear before sliding them down my legs and throwing them over his shoulder, somewhere on the floor. He smirked at me before kissing his way up my legs. It started with a kiss on the ankle, then my calve, before the curve of my knee, and then my inner thighs. Holy hell. I was practically writhing under his touch, waiting for him to move up further when he stopped.

I groaned, disappointedly.

"Don't worry, baby. I can fix that," he said. He disappeared from me, just long enough to take his pants and boxers off, joining the pile of clothes we had strewn on the floor. Dean put on the condom and then, without warning, thrust into me. I screamed out in pleasure and surprise at the sudden intrusion. I had forgotten how big he was and how good sex could be – especially how good sex with Dean was.

I pulled Dean down to me and kissed him passionately, my hands tangled in hair He began to move at a faster as we continued our heated kiss. Dean held my hips to the bed and grabbed my left leg, wrapping it around his waist forcing him deeper. The both of us groaned at the new feeling. Damn he was good. I could tell that he had been in practice which made me a little jealous but I could barely think under these circumstances. My hands ran through his hair, down his back, his arms, exploring everything I had missed as we made love. His fingers traveled up my sides, tickling them a little and then returned to my hips.

"See, I told you I'd have you screaming my name," Dean smirked.

Normally, I'd have something sarcastic and witty to say, but at this moment, I had nothing. All I wanted was for Dean bring me higher.

"I-, I need more. I need you," I moaned out in reply. He seemed to really like this and sped up his pace. Our breathing got heaving and we both moaned in turns. We made love for what seemed like hours. I guess it was our way of saying hello. I was on top, then back on the bottom. By now, my legs were thrown over his shoulders and we were getting closer and closer to our final orgasms.

"Dean!" I screamed out, pulling at his hair.

"Shit, Mer... oh fuck! Fuck," Dean managed to pant.

"Oh, Dean... Dean... yes," I breathed out. Our fingers tangled together as we shared one last kiss before I came in a shower of sparks. Dean helped me through my orgasm arriving at his very soon after mine. I could barely breathe as we came down from our high. Dean pressed his forehead against mine and I smiled up at him.