Sequel: For the First Time

Diary of a Hunter

SIX

"Woooooooooooooo!" someone exclaimed as someone else had just chugged a huge amount of alcohol. I took another swig from the beer bottle.

"Hey, hey, Mer. You okay?" I heard a voice said, as I felt someone grab me. I looked at the person, sheepishly. Dean.

"Yeah. Hi," I grinned seeing him.

"How many have you had?" Dean asked, taking the beer from my hand.

I thought about it for a moment, "I... don't know," before bursting into laughter.

"Baby, you gotta slow down on this. I'm cutting you off. No more," Dean said.

He called me "baby."

"How are you going to enforce that? Aren't you all up on Teresa?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

"I-, if you need me..." he trailed off.

I then began to laugh, "You're drunk."

He laughed too, "No, you're drunk. I'm just tipsy."

"Noooo. I recognize that look on your face. You're drunk! This isn't the first time I've been drunk with you, Winchester," I teased, a little too merrily.

"Mer," he said, cupping my face with his hands. "Promise me you'll slow down, okay?"

"Fine," I sighed.

"Okay," Dean smiled, before leaving me and heading back towards his date. I looked over at them, and the next thing I knew, they were making out in the corner. Ouch.

I stumbled my way to the kitchen. It was time to go home; time to sober up. I needed to get something non alcoholic to drink and just wait it out before I sobered up. I wasn't going to watch Dean make out with this girl all night long.

"Yeah, take it off!" I heard someone else yell as I passed by the living room where people were dancing.

Ugh, why did I come to this stupid thing? I don't have anyone here with me and it's extremely uncomfortable. Why am I such an idiot? I thought to myself.

My head was spinning as I searched the counter for an empty cup.

"Here, drink this. You don't look so good," someone said. Stephen

"It's just coke, I promise," he said, smiling sincerely.

"Uh, okay," I said, hesitantly. I took a sip of the coke, surprised that it was actually just coke.

"Dean asked me to check up on you," he replied.

"Thanks," I muttered.

"I'll be back," Stephen said, before leaving. As he left, I chugged the rest of the drink, not realizing how thirsty I actually. Well, if Dean had sent him... Winchester was toying with my emotions damn it.

And that's when it hit me. I felt really funny. How many drinks had I had? Was it really only four or had I lost count... Shit, Meredith...

I tried not to make it obvious as I stumbled towards the staircase. Hopefully there was an empty room that I could lock myself in and just lay down in. Just until I was feeing better. Tightly, I hung onto the railing as I dragged myself up the stairs to a room that's door was cracked. I pushed it open, holding my head, my eyes widening as I saw what was going on.

"Oh my GOD, I'm sorry!" I exclaimed as I walked in on two people half dressed. I was definitely interrupting something. "Sorry!" I closed the door and spotted a door that was open. No one was in there. Part of me was relieved that the people back there hadn't been Dean and Teresa.

I hated high school parties. This was really the dumbest idea I had ever had. I should've never come here. At the beginning I had stuck with Ethan and Lacey but after awhile realized that I should give them their space. Teresa had been all over Dean so obviously I couldn't be with him. I had talked to some other people but it had been terrible conversation and the amount of times I had been hit on tonight was ridiculous. I think if I had a penny for every time I had been it on, I'd be a millionaire by now.

I closed the door behind me, collapsing on the bed with a groan. I felt... tired, like I'd fall asleep at any moment. I fought to keep my eyes open but it was getting harder and harder, my eyelids getting heavier and heavier.

I had been stupid to come here. I had been even more stupid to believe that Dean would change his mind if he saw me here. Why had he invited me here anyways? So I could watch Teresa act like a slut around him? He had been staring at me all night and it just wasn't fair to me that he was doing that. I hated him for this.

"Meredith Summers," I heard a voice coo, coming out onto the balcony's deck.

"Hmm?" I asked, trying to sit up.

"Oh, no, no, no. Don't go through the trouble," he said, rushing over to my side and gently helping me back down to the bed.

"Why are you helping me?" I managed to get out.

"You look amazing tonight," he slurred, looking me up and down. I shot him a funny look, trying to get away from him.

"Wait," he said, grabbing my wrist.

"You know, Dean invited you here tonight but I've wanted to do the same thing all night. I guess fate has a way of working things out after all," Stephen said, inching closer and closer to me. What the hell was he doing? Had I been-, my drink was-, oh my God.

"What?" I asked.

"You know… my offer the other day. You're here, I'm here and you look hot. Everything happens for a reason, Mer," he said, reaching over to grab my arm.

"Don't call me that. And don't touch me!" I exclaimed, jerking sluggishly.

"Fiesty… I like 'em that way. None of the other girls are like you. They all just spread their legs but you… you're a piece of work. You make 'em want you and then tell 'em no. You play hard to get. I like that in a woman," Stephen said, his words beginning to slur together.

"Quit it," I said, turning away from him, but he grabbed me, pinning me to the bed by my shoulders.

"You're a man's perfect dream: a conquest," he smirked, his boozy breath in my face. I cringed, looking away.

"Leave me alone," I slurred.

"You never wear red but tonight you did. You're such a tease," he smirked, leaning in and kissing me. I could taste the alcohol on his lips as he assaulted my lips. He kissed me, wet and sloppily, his hands starting to explore my body.

My vision was getting blurrier and blurrier and my words became more and more sluggish and slow.

"Stop! What'd you-, what'd you put in my drink?" I asked, breathing heavily.

"It was just a coke, I promise," he repeated, this time grinning like a chesire cat.

Oh no. I knew what was about to happen.

"Leave me a lone," I groaned, squirming underneath him.

"It isn't going to be that easy, sweetheart. I locked the door and no one can hear us. Do you think any of us these high schoolers, drunk of their asses care? It's just you and me, babe. Just you and me and we have the whole night to ourselves," Stephen said, pinning me to the door with his body and grinding into me. He began to kiss my neck and my eyes began to water

"Stop!" I squealed, tears running down my face.

"You like that, baby?" he grinded against me again as I tried to shove him off again. I knew that if I cried for help he'd only like it even more and I felt like I was drowing underwate. I let a small whimper out and he only smirked.

"Yeah, you do," he smirked. I brought my leg up on the bed pushing my body to the side in attempts to throw him off of me but my eyelids only got heavier and heavier.

This time, he returned to my lips and kissed me, shoving his tongue in my mouth.

"Help," I tried to yell but knew it was only a soft cry.

"No one can hear you," he smirked, before moving down my body before he got to the hem of my dress. He pulled at it, beginning to hike the dress up my thighs. He began to kiss my legs. "God, you're gorgeous. You're one of Sioux Falls' best kept secrets. Mm." His hands reached up, grabbing my breasts, before moving further south.

"No," I whimpered, knowing that it was no use. I was in that state of half-asleep anyways. Fuck. Shit. Damnit. And just then, right before I knew what I was in for, somebody ripped Stephen from me and I collapsed on the ground.

"Hey, what the fuck, man?" I heard Stephen exclaimed as blood trickled down his face.

"She said 'no'," I heard a voice yell. Dean. I knew it was him. It had to be him.

"She's drunk. She came on to me!" Stephen exclaimed.

"Don't you ever do that to her. Ever! You stay the fuck away from her you, hear me?" I heard the voice exclaim as the person kept throwing punches at Stephen. The voice was familiar and angrier than I've ever heard it before.

"Ah! Shit, man!" Stephen exclaimed.

There was a rustle of noises and then a cry of pain. Dean had pinned Stephen against the wall saying, "I swear to God, you hurt her again, I'll kill you."

"Geez, man. It was a joke," Stephen defended, helplessly.

"A joke?! You think this a joke?! You try to rape my best friend and it's a joke?!" Dean exclaimed, tightening his grip on Stephen.

"You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were jealous, Winchester," Stephen smirked.

"What'd you put in her drink?" Dean demanded, through gritted teeth.

"Nothing. She's drunk!" Stephen defended.

"What'd you put in her drink?" Dean demanded, punching him across the face.

"I got some GHB okay? She can sleep it off," Stephen defended, innocently.

That was it. Dean threw another punch, sending him to the floor.

"Get up!" I heard him say. There was a pause before the sounds of Stephen scrambling to get up were heard. "Get out!"

"You're fucking crazy, man, and everyone at this school's going to know it," Stephen threatened.

"Then let them know!" Dean roared.

There was a pause before I heard the door slam. I then felt my dress being pulled down again, covering my legs.

"Mer. Mer? Mer! Can you hear me? Please hear me, baby," Dean begged.

"Dean," I smiled, opening my eyes for mere moments just long enough to see him.

"Oh my God, Mer, I'm so sorry. If I had known, if I had heard you- I'm sorry I invited you here, I shouldn't have… I knew he would do something like this. I fucked up. Mer, I fucked badly. I didn't mean for any of this to happen to you. It's my fault. I'm so sorry," he whimpered, desperately. "I'm so sorry, Meredith." Dean helped me sit up, slowly and just held me against his chest. "I'm so sorry," he whispered. I was in Dean's arms, and I felt safe.

Getting home was a blur. All I knew was that Dean carried me to the car and we drove straight home.

"What happened?" Sam asked Dean, the minute we walked through the door. "Bobby and Dad are gone but should I call them?"

"She's alright, Sammy and no, we won't call them just yet. Just go get her a glass of water and I'm going to take her up to bed," Dean replied.

"Okay," Sam replied, disappearing into the kitchen.

~Dean's POV~

"Mer, do you want to change into something comfortable?" I asked, soIftly. I take my best friend to a party and this is what happens to her...

Oh who was I kidding? She was more than my best friend.

She shook her head, "Can't."

"Well-, well I can," I stammered.

"Shirt. Floor," she mumbled. I spotted an oversized long sleeve t-shirt on the floor, just like she said.

"Okay," I said. I eagerly went go the shirt before sliding it over her head. I untied the straps to her dress - whatever it was called. "Hey, can you sit up for me for a second?"

"Mhm," she mumbled, her eyes closed. I gently sat her upright, my hands searching for the zipper on her dress. I finally found it on her back before unzipping it all the way.

"Dean!" I heard a voice exclaim out of disapproval, turning around to see Sammy in the doorway. Shit. This looked bad, didn't it? I mean, I already felt guilty enough, Sammy...

"Sammy, it's not what it looks like it," I said.

He then got a better look, "Sorry, I thought-."

"I know," I interrupted.

"Here's the water," Sam said.

"Thanks," I said back.

"You okay?" Sam asked.

"Yeah," I lied, mumbling. "Just go, okay? I've got to do this." Sam nodded, before leaving.

I slid the dress down her body, pulling the t-shirt down as I went, careful not to expose her. I mean, any other day I'd be shameless about peeking at a girl, but after tonight... God, since when did my best friend get curvy...?

"You know, you don't need to babysit me," she started as I laid her back.

"Actually I do. I let this happen to you Mer and I-," I started, so sorry.

"You didn't," she shook her head.

"But I invited you to the party," I started, complete regret in my voice. There was a lump in my throat and it wouldn't go away.

"I wore that stupid dress," she mumbled.

"Meredith, you looked beautiful," I interjected.

She began to smile which puzzled me. That was one of the many things that amazed me about her. In a situation like this, she still found a way to smile.

"What?"

"You called me baby," she teased.

"So?" I asked back with a chuckle.

"So... Would you stay with me tonight?" she asked.

"Of course," I answered. I got off of the edge of the bed, helping her under the covers. I then went to the other side of the bed before climbing into bed with her.

"Goodnight Dean," she smiled.

"Goodnight, Meredith," I said back. And before I knew it, she was curled up next to me and I had an arm around her. Who could ever want to hurt he while all I wanted to do was protect her? Stephen that sick bastard. I could rip his lungs out!

All these years of failed attempts of kisses, flirting, and way too many goodbyes, it hit me. That feeling. Fuck... This feeling was distant to me... but I liked it and more than anything else, it scared me.

I couldn't really ignore anymore now could I?