Sequel: For the First Time

Diary of a Hunter

NINE

Wednesday couldn't have come fast enough but yet here it was. I couldn't help but wonder when the Winchesters were going to get in. I couldn't wait for Dean to come back and so that we could talk about our relationship. I was grateful that I was working at the cafe early this morning before school started at eight thirty, so that I could get my mind off of Dean. If I didn't, I'd probably end up going crazy.

"Can you take table two, Mer?" Andrea asked.

"Sure," I replied, grabbing a notepad and pen and heading towards table two. I took their order and then brought it back into the kitchen. Things were starting to die down which was nice so I began to refill the salt and pepper shakers at table five. I poured the salt in and made sure it was completely and perfectly level, just for fun.

"OCD, much?" I heard a voice ask. I got butterflies in my stomach. That voice was familiar. I knew that voice. I turned around and much to my delight, there stood Dean Winchester.

"Hi!" I exclaimed practically tackling him.

"I wasn't gone for that long, Mer!" Dean exclaimed back, hugging me back. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. Over Dean's shoulder, Ethan made a face at me and I just stuck my tongue out at him.

"I missed you," I said.

"You too," he replied. Ethan nodded for me to pick up the orders for table two and I realized that I was still working.

"Sorry, I need to keep working but you can sit down and we'll talk after I'm done if that's alright with you. Can I get you anything? Coffee, breakfast, both?" I asked. I was overjoyed with happiness. I couldn't think of a time where i was truly this happy, let alone this happy to see Dean.

"Both would be great," Dean replied.

"Okay," I said.

"And I like my coffee-," Dean started.

"Black, yeah, I know," I replied, unable to control myself. I was so happy. AH, why did Dean Winchester make me feel this way? Dean smiled back at me and I could tell that he was feeling the same way.

After my shift at the diner was over, Dean and I went around to the side of the cafe so that I could get my car and head to school.

"So tell me all about your hunt. I want to know everything," I urged.

"It was cool. It was the first time Dad let me take on a shapeshifter myself. i mean, of course he was back up and stuff but I actually got to kill it. It was pretty awesome," Dean smiled, proudly. I chuckled.

"Wow, what a man," I teased.

"Hey!" Dean protested.

"I'm kidding! That's pretty cool. Hah, only you would get excited about something like killing a shapeshifter on your own…" I chuckled.

"Hey, Mer?" Dean asked, stopping.

"Yeah?" I asked back.

"You uh, you look really nice today," Dean said, catching me off guard.

"Thanks," I replied, blushing. Dean slowly moved me backwards, pressing my back against the brick wall of the side of the cafe. His hands went to my waist and he inched closer to me.

"You can kiss me if you'd like to," I whispered, almost speechless. He smiled before leaning in and pressing his lips against mine. There I was again, feeling those feelings that I had felt the past two times that Dean and I had done this. Our lips moved together in perfect rhythm. He kissed down my neck again, making my throw my head back, hitting the brick wall. I giggled a little and then let out a soft moan as he found a certain spot on my neck.

Suddenly, a car alarm went off and Dean and I pulled away from each other. We chuckled, looking at each other.

"I guess that means we should get to school huh?" I asked, chuckling a little.

"Go to homecoming with me?" he asked.

I smiled, "Of course."

Dean and I got in my car, and we were off to school. He even walked me to my first period class. It was really good to have him back.

"Hey you disappeared today," Ethan said, as soon as I sat down in my first period class. I began to get out my notebooks and pencil for the class.

"Oh yeah, I needed to get to school and um, Dean showed up so I uh, left with him," I replied, blushing and thinking about what we had just done. I didn't want Ethan to know that I was so infatuated with Dean.

"Oh really?" Ethan asked, intrigued.

"Yeah," I replied. Ethan eyed me suspiciously. He knew that I wasn't telling him something.

"So you two get a chance to talk?" Ethan asked.

"Sort of," I replied. And then Ethan was silent.

"Oh my God, is that a hickey on your neck?" Ethan asked, touching a spot on my neck.

"What? No!" I exclaimed, swatting his hand away and covering up the spot on my neck with my hand. I took my hair down from it's ponytail so that it would cover up any potential hickeys that were on my neck.

"Ah, so you 'talked' meaning you guys just made out. Damn, Mer, I never thought you'd be all over that sort of thing but hey you like the guy," Ethan shrugged, teasingly.

"Shut up," I scowled, slamming my head on the desk.

"Aw, you really like him, don't you?" Ethan asked, sincerely.

I nodded, "Yeah I do... a lot. And that's probably not for my own good. He asked me to homecoming."

"Aw," Ethan said.

"I know. I'm just glad he's back, you know? I missed him a lot but now... now we can really talk about where we are. We've kind of just been making out and stuff and I think now will be our chance to decide... I just hope that he doesn't go all douchey on me," I sighed, worriedly.

"It seems like he really cares about you, Meredith. I wouldn't worry too much. Especially now that we have to take a math quiz," Ethan said, as our teacher came into the room and started passing out our quizzes.

"Okay kids I'm passing out your quiz. Zip it!" our teacher ordered.

"Right," I mumbled, taking the quiz and getting to work on it. This was going to be a long day because I knew that Dean and I probably weren't going to be able to talk until after school.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school, Sam Winchester found me.

"Hey, you ready for tutoring?" I asked.

"Yeah!" Sam replied, happily.

"How was the hunt?" I asked as the two of us walked towards the parking lot so that I could go to my car.

"It was alright, I guess. I'm just ready to be back here and not have to worry about... you know demons and stuff," Sam replied.

"Yeah, I guess I can kind of understand. Hey, so I actually need to drop some stuff at home. Do you mind if we stop home before we go to the elementary school?" I asked, glancing over at Sam as we got into the car.

"Not at all," Sam replied.

"Cool," I said. Sam and I had a nice conversation as we got home. There, Dean was waiting at home for the both of us.

"Hey," I said, trying not to smile to widely.

"Hi," he said back. "So uh Mer, do you have time to uh... talk?"

"Oh, I actually have to go tutor at Sioux Falls Elementary but maybe we can when I get home?" I asked. Damn it. If only I didn't have to tutor today...

"Is Sam going with you?" Dean asked, glancing over at his little brother.

"Yeah, he is actually," I replied.

"Do you mind if I come?" Dean asked.

Sam and I exchanged glances, "No not at all."

"What would you... tutor in?" Dean asked.

"They usually do fractions so I'm sure you'll be fine," I chimed in. Did he really want to be with us? Dean wasn't the kind of guy that went to tutor elementary kids. I was impressed but maybe that was what he wanted.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," Dean said, glaring over at his brother.

"Alright then let's get going," I said, smiling at both boys and going out of the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched as Dean interacted with the kids. I smiled, trying my best not to. He was great with them and they all seemed to love him. It was as if they wanted to learn from him. Sam was also doing great but I couldn't help smiling that Dean, the guy that I was pretty sure that I liked very much, was doing well with kids. I mean, most people wouldn't take him as a kid lover. It was most definitely a pleasant surprise.

"Okay Jameson, do you get it now?" Dean asked.

"Yes!" Jameson replied, ecstatically.

"I never got them until she told. Fractions... they seem dumb but I guess you have to use them for real life stuff," Dean chuckled.

"Is that your girlfriend?" Jameson asked, peeking over at Meredith.

Dean smirked, "Workin' on it."

"Yeahh," Jameson smiled, giving Dean a high five.

"Right, buddy? She's pretty, huh?" Dean asked.

"Definitely," Jameson replied. "Why isn't she your girlfriend yet?"

"Uh... that's a long story, kid," Dean said.

Jameson looked crossly at Dean, "I promise to do good on my next math homework if you ask her out."

I shot Dean a weird look as I saw him look at me and then mumble something to the kid he was working with, causing the kid to laugh.

"Deal," Dean said back.

"Hey, you ready to go?" I asked, going over to Dean and his new friend.

I watched as Dean looked from Jameson, exchanging glances and then back to me, "Yeah. Math is lame, anyways."

"So lame," Jameson agreed.

"See you later, dude," Dean said, before getting up out of his chair and stretching.

"Bye," Jameson said, before packing up his stuff and leaving.

"Hey," Dean said to me.

I smiled back at him, "You're great with them, you know that?"

"Oh it's nothing," Dean said, blushing a little.

"Alright well, now that everyone is gone, I think we can go home," I said. Both boys looked at me and we packed up the class room before going home. Dean pulled up in the Impala in front of the house and parked the car.

"Hey Sammy, could you give us a minute?" he asked, looking back towards his brother.

"Sure," Sam replied, eyeing the two of us suspiciously. I smiled at Sam sympathetically before got out of the car.

"So," Dean started.

"So," I said back. The two of us chuckled awkwardly about what was to come.

"So I thought about us... you know about everything that's happened and how I was away from you," he started.

"And?" I asked.

"And I missed you," Dean replied.

"I missed you too," I replied. This conversation was kind of mushy but I didn't care. I was falling pretty hard for Dean.

"And I mean, I don't usually get that attached... I don't miss people. And I thought about how much I liked kissing you," Dean smirked.

I blushed, shying away from Dean, "I liked it too." I avoided his gaze but I could tell that he was watching me.

"I guess I'll be straight with you, Meredith. I like you and I want to try this, us, whatever we'd be," Dean finally said. I looked back over to him.

"Are you... asking me out?" I asked.

He nodded and chuckled a little, "I don't know. I guess."

"You guess?" I pushed, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know. Yeah! Mer, you know how hard this is for me..." he trailed off, avoiding eye contact. I smiled as I watched a blush run across his cheeks.

"So we'd be exclusive like... boyfriend and girlfriend?" I asked, hesitantly.

"If you want to be," Dean replied, looking up at me.

"I want to be," I said, turning to him.

He smiled, "Yeah?"

In response, I then leaned in and kissed him passionately. It was like this morning's kiss but better. Damn, he was such a good kisser.

And just when it was getting good, Bobby's car then pulled into the driveway behind us and we immediately sprang apart.

"We should get going inside," I said, scratching the back of my head, hoping Bobby hadn't seen us. I wasn't quite sure how we were going to tell him anyways.

"Sounds like a plan," Dean said back.

Dean followed me into the house after Bobby had already gone in. To our surprise, we were met by Bobby and John sitting at the kitchen table. I went into the kitchen to get some water and came out, standing by Dean's side.

"Why do you two have guilty looks on your faces?" Bobby asked, looking at the two of us weirdly.

"We do?" the both of us asked simultaneously as we exchanged glances.

"Yeah, you do," Bobby replied. "What'd you do?"

"Nothing!" I said.

"We didn't do anything, Bobby. Don't you think you're seeing things? We didn't do anything," Dean said back, validating my argument.

"Then how come you two look suspicious?" John asked.

"I don't know," Dean shrugged. He pulled out a chair at the table and sat down. "How was your day, Dad... and Bobby?" Oh good, he changed the subject.

"I'm going to go upstairs and finish up some homework," I spoke up. Dean shot me a look that said 'you owe me one'. I most definitely owed him one. I wasn't quite sure why but I think Dean and I both weren't exactly ready to tell Bobby and John.

I hid out on the staircase, listening to their conversation and waiting for Dean to make an exit. Finally, he found an out. I heard his footsteps hurry up the steps and stop as soon as he saw me.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry," I whispered.

"You owe me, Smalls," he teased.

"Shut up," I said, rolling my eyes as he grabbed me by the waist, pulling me into him and kissing me. I kissed him back, playfully. It was so hot knowing we could get caught by Bobby or John at any moment. Abruptly, Dean pulled away. "What?"

"That was a yes... right?" Dean asked.

"Yes," I laughed, shaking my head.

"Hey, Dean?" we both heard a voice ask, followed by footsteps, causing us to spring apart, once more.

Bobby. He looked from Dean to me and then back to Dean.

"There's no way I'm making this up. You two are up to something," he said, staring us both down. If we hadn't known Bobby most of our lives, this would've worked, but the both of us knew how to evade this.

"Like what, Bobby?" I asked.

"I-," Bobby started.

"Hey, I'm going out on Friday. That okay?" Dean asked, quickly changing subject.

"Doing what?" Bobby asked, skeptically.

"You know. Got things to do, places to go, people to see," Dean answered, cockily. I rolled my eyes, in character.

Bobby grumbled something before saying, "Well, you better be back by curfew. You hear me boy?"

"Oh come on, Bobby! Curfew?" Dean complained.

"What? Find yourself another skank to-," I started.

"Meredith!" Bobby warned.

"Sorry. Language. I know," I sighed.

Bobby let out a large exhale, "Don't you two have homework or something to do?"

"Oh yeah! Mer, that paper you were going to help me with," Dean said, his eyes lighting up.

"Right," I replied.

"Come on," Dean said, nodding as we headed up the stairs.

"You're such an idgit, you know that?" I shot.

"Shut up," Dean groaned, as we escaped to his room, shutting the door quickly. He raised an eyebrow, mischievously at me. "An idigt huh? Ouch."

"Oh please," I scoffed.

"You've got some making up to do," Dean said, leaning in for a kiss.

"You mean making out?" I asked, playfully calling him out.

"I mean, yeah," Dean said, in a well-duh tone.

"You're lucky you're cute," I replied, playfullly before closing the gap between us and kissing him.

~~~

The following day it seemed like the word had gotten out that Dean and I were dating now. People would come up to me and ask me which was actually really awkward. I even got dirty looks from people like Teresa and all of her friends when they passed me in the hallway. It was uncomfortable, but then again I was too blissfully stupid to even care. I was so hung up on Dean that it didn't even matter who gave me dirty looks.

"Hey," a girl said, sitting down next to me.

"Hi," I replied. I was in my US History class and had just sat down anyways.

"I'm Molly," the girl introduced herself. I recognized her as the head cheerleader. She wasn't obnoxious like Teresa was, but I knew that she was roughly of the same breed. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about this, but she was being friendly so why not give her a chance? It would be wrong of me to judge, right?

"I'm Meredith," I said back.

She smiled politely, "So I hear that you and Dean Winchester are going to homecoming together, well dating but also going to homecoming together."

"Oh, yeah we are," I replied, blushing a little.

"That's cool. Dean actually talked to my boyfriend Cole about going together as a group. Well it'd be me and Cole, you and Dean, and Lacey and Ethan so I thought I'd run our before plans by you first," Molly said.

"Oh, um, okay," I said, caught off guard.

"He meant to talk to you about it but said he didn't see you until lunch so I told him I'd tell you about it.

"Okay," I said.

"Okay so my idea is that you, Lacey, and I could get ready together at my house and the boys could pick us up there. After that we'd do dinner and probably show up to homecoming like... an hour late because, well, it's not like anyone but freshmen actually go on time. There's no after party planned though because we'll already have had one after the homecoming game," Molly explained.

"Oh, okay sounds good to me," I started, still overwhelmed about what was going on.

"Great! I'll e-mail you the details. Aw this is great! I think we're going to become great friends, Meredith," Molly smiled, triumphantly.

"Sure..." I said, still unsure of what the hell was going on.

I met up with Dean after class and explained to him what had happened, "So what exactly is the deal? I mean... I don't really talk to Molly Owens... ever, so this is kind of weird."

"Is that okay? I told Cole that we were going and he invited us and Molly was more than happy to tell you about it. Molly is nice though. She's not like Teresa or anything," Dean replied.

"She's head cheerleader," I replied, skeptically.

"Meredith, are you trying to tell me that you're judgemental?" Dean asked, playfully accusatory.

"No! But I don't know, it's just kind of overwhelming for me, that's all. I mean, I've had girl friends but I don't really... Ethan's been my best friend for a long time. He's been the only person I've been able to trust my entire life," I explained.

"Well maybe it's about time that you had friends that you could talk about girly stuff with," Dean said back.

I shrugged. He did have a point, "Maybe."

"You still want to go to homecoming, right?" Dean asked.

"Of course I do. Plus I kind of have to. I'm on the decorating committee so that means I have to get up at the crack of dawn to come over and decorate Saturday morning," I sighed.

"Yeah, why exactly did you sign up for that?" he asked.

"I don't know, because I'm a dumbass!" I joked.

Dean chuckled, "I'll come visit you. Will that make it any better?"

I smiled, "Yes, very much so." I then leaned in and kissed Dean, right in front of everyone but hey, I could do this. After all he was my boyfriend.