Status: I hope you like it :) I'm not the best at staying with one story though, so updates may be a little spread apart

Pretty Smart

Chapter five

I had a plan though. I was gonna keep up the act of best friend and girl friend. I was gonna play the part I was intended to play. But then, I would reveal them. Not just to Danny ,or Lexi, or their parents. To everyone. To the school.

That night I had stayed up late, drawing up designs ,and maps, and plans. I felt a bit obsessed, but if you've ever been cheated on you would understand the feeling (feelings). You just feel jealous, betrayed, inadequate, and lousy.

I sat down on a stool at the kitchen island, the silence seeming to engulf me. In wasn't abnormal, though- silence was the predominant sound my house usually held. That is, when my parents weren't home, anyway. I sipped my glass of orange juice, contemplating my next move. That's when the doorbell rang.

"Coming!" I called out, as I slid off the stool. With my orange juice still in hand I walked to the foyer, and checked my appearence in the mirror quick. I then went to the door and looked out the peephole to check for any unwanted visitors- rapists, robbers, salesman, and girl scouts with thin mints (aka my weakness). However it was another kind of unwanted visitor.

I swung open the door and she stepped in. "Hey there, Ally. Where were you yesterday? You missed last period," Madison said and put her hands on her hips.

"Uh hu, and you did too; to go fuck my boyfriend," I mumbled and turned away.

"What?" She asked and walked after me, shutting the door quickly. Her brown eyes seemed worried, but not guilty.

"Duck. I went to feed a duck," I said quickly, taking a gulp of the juice, and rolling my eyes. She shrugged.

"Okay then," she said, and swung her bag over her shoulder.

"What did I miss?" I asked, smirking. She raised her eyebrows, "You know, in class. What work did I miss?"

"Oh, I don't really remember," she said, primping her hair in the same mirror I had been using just moments ago. I took a sip of juice and stared at her. Is she serious? I wondered.

"Okay. Well, we should probably get going," I said, setting the glass in the sink. I grabbed my backpack and started towards the door.

"Well that's kind of why I'm here..." Madison began cautiously. It was now my turn to raise my eyebrows at her. "I'm skipping."

"Oh?" I said, shrugging on my yellow trench coat.

"Yeah, I just came to see if I could borrow a shirt." She said, headed for the steps.

"Really, which one?" I inquired as I watched her walk upstairs.

"The sparkly pink one. It's got like jewels on it or something." She said, waving her hand.

"That's fancy." I commented, trying to remain blase on the outside. On the inside though Madison had been killed… ten times… by being beat to death…with Mike's dead body.

"Yeah, just wanted to dress up a bit today," she yelled down from my room. That lying little bitch, I thought. If Mike is gone from school ,too, I'll scream…or cry… or both. A few moments later she returned, top in hand. "Thanks, hun." She said and winked, before leaving.

I followed out after her. As I was getting in my car she was driving away and I saw her pull out her phone. She typed in a few buttons, before putting it up to her ear and leaving my driveway.

The entire ride to school I was worried. Worried to see whether or not Mike was actually at school. Or even Danny, for that matter. Worried that I'd break again. Worried that that stupid bitch would hit some poor kid with her car while she was seducing my boyfriend. And then, at the bottom of my pile of worries was Romeo and Juliet, and the inevitable scene with Jesse.

When I finally arrived at school I was an emotional wreck. Somewhere along the line a Taylor Swift song came on the radio, and well… we all know how that goes. Luckily I had put on waterproof mascara that morning, but I couldn't say the same about my foundation. I used my car mirror to fix what I could, and though I wasn't up to usual standards I was STILL above average.

As I crossed the lot I could still feel the others' eyes following me, only now I didn't feel like someone special. I felt like a freak. Luckily I spotted Lexi and ran up to her.
"Hey Lex," I said "How's your morning been?"

"Oh pretty normal," she said with a smile, "What about you?"

"Well I know Madison isn't coming to school today. That's one thing," I said bitterly.

"And you know this how?" She questioned as we walked inside to the warmth.

"Well she came to my house this morning to tell me… and to borrow my top." I said as I began to take off my coat.

"Okay then," she said "what's she doing?" My boyfriend.

"I don't know, nor do I really care." I said, glaring at the world.

"Well, I'm kind of curious. She and Danny could be doing something together. Or maybe she had a spa day. There's some sale at the mall. Oh my God, what if she's pregnant!?" Lexi rambled on.

"Lex, can we just talk about something else?" I said, angrily.

"Sure. Melissa is definitely running against you," she proclaimed, "It's been confirmed by three people."

"That is seriously NOT a problem," I said, "You are simply too melodramatic."

"Well, I'm just warning you now, people like her," she said. "Well I mean that they're voting for her, anyway."

"Whatever," I said. Typical teenager me. "What about that play project in Mr. Daniels class? I wasn't exactly paying attention. What do you do?"

"Well, you get your play, obviously, and then you and your partner work together to come up a script that could modernly display the play. Then you perform in the auditorium." She told me.

"Oh really?" I asked and she nodded, "So, what, we're gonna be performing this in front of everyone?"

"Yup. I'm totally freaking about it." She replied.

"Really? I think it's perf," I said and she gave me a questionable look," I'll see you later." I ran down the hallo to get to my locker. I knew the BEST plan of action for revenge. And I knew just the person to help me do it.
Jesse.
♠ ♠ ♠
And so begins Alex's little plan. This shall be interesting, muahahaha ×_×