Sequel: Therapy
Status: This story is complete. Please note that certain chapters may act as a trigger, and if you feel yourself getting triggered at any time, I want you to stop and just breathe, okay? I'm only a message away if you need some random stranger to talk to.

If These Sheets Were States

I Don't Mean to be a Bother

- - - - - o - - - - -

Alex looked at his phone as the number remained on his screen for a few seconds. He added Bella's number to his phonebook and started to get dressed. He looked over to the window. Out of nowhere it seemed, it was raining, pouring it down in fact.

- - - - - o - - - - -

Bella ran out of the house, noticing that it was raining, she brought her hood to her head, trying to pull it as far over her face as she could.

"I am not walking in this, no way no how." Bella thought of how she hated to drive in the rain, and how much it would kill her arm when the fabric settled on it. Then she thought of the fact that she would look like a drowned rat by the time she reached her destination. Driving, it was. Bella walked over to her car, ashamed to be seen walking to it as it was so old. But how are you meant to have a fancy car when you're eighteen and still in college, with no job? She stuck to her cheap, little, blue Peugeot 206. It got her from A to B and that was all she needed.

Bella unlocked the car, got in and stuck her keys into the ignition. Belting up, she pulled off the path and started to drive to the cafe where her and Alex were to meet.

- - - - - x - - - - -

"Ha! YOU? Ever learning to drive? You can't even drive a fucking remote control car to save your life!"

"Fuck off, you don't know how I drive."

"You've driven before?!"

"Yes, actually."

"HOW?"

"A friend let me drive their parents car, because she knew I was intrigued by it."

"Well you ain't fucking getting in my car darling."

"I didn't ask to."

"You'd probably fucking crash it. You're nothing but a fuck up!"

"HA. SAYS THE ONE WHO OVERDOSES WHENEVER SHE COMES INTO CONTACT WITH A PACKET OF PILLS."

Bella's Mother slapped her hard round the face, her chestnut coloured hair whipping to the side, covering her cheek that had just been slapped. Bella kept her head in its landed position for a couple of seconds whilst she tried to make sense of what just happened. Eventually returning her eyesight back to her Mother, she glared at her. Her Mother looked at her with such a hatred. Bella curled a fist by her side, trying to hide it.

"Ooooh, getting angry, are you? Go on. Hit me."

A tear formed in Bella's eye, as she tightened the grip on her fist.

- - - - - x - - - - -

"For fuck sake, why does it have to happen when I'm driving. One hundred and one reasons why I don't like driving." Bella fought back the tears, her hands gripped to the steering wheel. She carried on driving, her arms tensing, opening the cuts on her left arm that were desperately trying to heal. Drops of blood seeped through her sleeve.

- - - - - x - - - - -

"I SAID FUCKING HIT ME."

This had been going on for ten minutes. Bella's Mother had just been standing there, screaming and daring Bella to hit her. Bella lost it. Her fist flew at her Mother, who was knocked back, landing on her elbows as the blood ran down her lips from her nose. She looked shocked.

- - - - - x - - - - -

Bella pulled up outside of the corner cafe, finding it weird how there were a substantial amount of cars around for this early time in the morning. She sat in her car and shivered, damn thing not having air conditioning. Bella looked around the square road, when she saw someone that looked familiar.

The black jeans. A leather jacket. Brown hair that looked absolutely soaked. He looked up and around, seeming disappointed that he couldn't find who or what he was looking for. Could that be Alex?

"Nope. Just someone that happens to look exactly like him." Bella grunted to herself, as she watched the boy walk off in a completely different direction. She jumped as someone tapped on her window, turning round and holding her chest. Realising that this time, it actually was Alex, she unlocked the car and leant over to open the door. Alex ducked and climbed into the car, chuckling as he watched Bella.

"Be still your beating heart, are those butterflies playing around?" Alex winked as he watched Bella's face crease into a nervous laugh.

"You're not funny. You're soaked though. What are we doing? Are we going to go in the cafe or not?"

"Yes. Yes. And it's up to you but I could sure use a hot drink. I'm freezing."

"Why don't you write a song about it?"

Alex glared at Bella, making her smile wider than she'd ever smiled before. A dimple appeared either side of her cheeks. Alex smiled back, pouting.

"So what are you choosing to do?"

Bella gave Alex a grin. He smiled again, with a look on his face. A look that sent shivers up Bella's spine.

"Put the seat-belt on."