Sequel: The Way You Want It.
Status: This story will be completed. if you want updates - or something adding message myself or my coauthor

Time to Try

Chapter Fourteen

Hollister, Debenhams, Topman and Reiss (to name just a few). Just one or two shops, that's what Dwaine had said when they left the hotel. A whole wardrobe later Lyndon had finished and by now was both tired and bemused. The expense had gne through Dwaines credit card when he had learned of the fact that Lyndon had been forced to leave all his possessions in the hotel room, well all posessions with the exception of weapons. Anything that could have got him arrested. Dwaine had then decided that if they would be staying in the same hotel, Lyndon would need new clothes, lots of them. He could only describe todays experience as being something like going shopping with both your mother and grandmother. Only worse.
Yes, that bad.
He now lay on the bed, eyes closed trying to sleep. Dwaine had happily retired to his respective room. Lyndons eyes glanced over to the clock, he read the time as 6pm. Was that all? And he was tired? Damn Dwaine. He climbed from the bed showeing and dressing in a pair of adidas tracksuit bottoms and a plain white t-shirt, purchased at some sports store somewhere on the main street before he sat back on the bed taking out his BlackBerry looking through his email. Nothing.
He scanned through his contacts finding his fathers number, his finger rested lightly on the call button, he hesitated. Of course he could use the price of international calling as an excuse not to tell his father, he could simply return without Stephanie and see if his daddy woild notice that she was gone? Maybe he could even get away with a couple of days to pack and run before rhe man noticed.
No. That was absurd.
He hit the dial button and listened to the international dialing tone. It was three rings before his father answered the phone, his tone one which suggested that the man was tired and unamused, a small crack in his voice suggested to Lyndon that he had been crying. This could only be bad news.
"Dad?"
"You."
"Yes."
"Good bye."
"No. Dad."
"Is it true?" So the man knew, Lyndon sighed his mind working hard to try and work out how the man could have heard about Stephanie.
"It's true,"
"You let her die?"
"No, you know thats not-"
"Where were you?"
"Asleep."
"You were sleeping as my wife was being killed?"
No Lyndon thought, I was asleep whilst some whore you called your wife was being killed. She was a trinket at best, a sgn of the man's power, of his ability. The one and only thing Lyndon hated about his father was the man's obsessive need to have a woman by his side, a pointless need that proved what exactly?
Nothing.
"Yes I was asleei=p." The restraint was wearing away at him. He almost cringed at his tact.
"I dont even know why I had you. You fucked up, You always do." The words didn't hit him, Lyndon listened to them coldly, they were to him simply a combination of useless phonemes that made a lexion that conbined with more made a sentence which made no difference to his life, like most. "I had to hear it in a newspaper, you didnt even have the balls to call me and tell me?"
"I was going to, I've been a little busy."
"Busy? Doing what exactly?"
"Flying."
"What?"
"I was on a plane."
"All day? Where the hell are you? Tokyo?"
"Yes, I thought I'd quit my job and ignore all thats happened, take a vacation." His voice, as often was the case, gave away nothing. For all his father knew he could be being serious. "Of course I'm not, I'm in Leeds." his father made no response, the man probably had no clue where that was. "North England."
"Why?"
"I'm here with my oldest friend. Dwaine Johnson."
"Oh. Him."
"Yes."
"He had-"
"Of course he did, he arranged the kill and dont you worry your head about it, I'll get this sorted and he'll pay for it."
"He better, dont bother coming home till he does. I dont want to see you." With that they switched roles, James Kaller hung up the phone on his son.