Sequel: The Way You Want It.
Status: This story will be completed. if you want updates - or something adding message myself or my coauthor

Time to Try

Chapter Nine

London was alight, sirens, blue and red lights and people shouting. Lynodn turned back to see the commontion, he'd stopped on Picadilly finding the best and secret vantage point he could. Something seemed strange, this was a sight not abnormal to him yet the feeling that this time accompanied the feeling seemed aline, he felt guilt and worry. His mind jumped, out of control and thought of his father... How was he ever going to tell the man and how would he ever live this down? Now was not the time to work this out he thought, regretting he would have to call the man and tell him over the phone.
Something distracted him from his thought process, something out of place in the vast London crowds. A man stood alone just down the street, he leaned against the wall he offered Lyndon a smile. It took Lyndon a moment and a few steps forward for his eyes to focus in on the man and his brain to register the face. This was the very man who had been in the hotel with Stephanie last night. Lyndon set off with speed after the man who had tried to run just seconds after seeing Lyndon. It didnt take long before Lyndon closed ground and grabbed the mans arm, a sharp pull away down a side alley.
Most would have screamed or complained, something Lyndon was thankful was a rare thing in this business. Despite the obvious infancy of this mans career he had it down. You dont draw attention, you dont object and you certainly dont aware the law of anything going down between two in the same business, what happened behind closed door was both confidencial and without rules. The man clearly new this fact and so walked almost comfortably next to Lyndon, the more experience though younger of the two. Neither spoke all the way to Lyndon's destination, a small flat owned by his father for such purposes as these.
He opened the door to the sparsly furnished flat and allowed his guest to enter first before he locked the door behind them both, the key hidden in his pocket he walked to the kitchen flicking on the kettle which sat on the worktop. "Coffee?"
"Huh?"
"You mean pardon, I said do you want coffee?"
"No, thank you."
Lyndon shrugged continuing to make himself tea, he rarely drank anything with caffeine in it, even rarer when he was working. "Do you have beer?"
"No. I dont drink."
"Oh."
Lyndon offered the man a darling smile which suggested he should take the advice himself. Tea made, Lyndon sat in a comfortable arm chair and looked at the man drinking slowly. "I'll give you the opportunity, whilst my patience still exists to tell me who hired you and why you went for Stephanie."
"She was the easy target."
Lyndon nodded, shrugged, sure he could see why some would have gone for her, he often liked a challenge, Stephanie would have just been too easy for his liking. "Who."
The man side stepped the question. Lyndon took a gulp of the tea, his eyes closed momentarily allowing the hot liquid to warm him and rehydrate him. He'd heard somewhere, maybe read it, that tea for some reason has rehydrating effects that water cant match, he couldnt remember the reason why but it seemed to work for him; he then settled for scraping his finger nails together and clicking his tongue. "You'll tell me who one way or another."
"Ah yes." Lyndon offered the an a curious glance. "I was told you'd do this."
"Hurt you?" The man settled for a nod. Lyndon took one final gulp and put set the mug on the floor then stood and approached the man, he ran a smllhand through his soft blond locks. "You could leave unharmed if you give me the name."
"He's scarier than you."
Lyndon smiled, cruel, cold. The man knew before Lyndon had even taken out the knife that Lyndon was going to enjoy every single agonizing second of this.

***

A half an hour later, hundreds of agonising calls which Lyndon had muffled with by a quick tongue removal, sealing the wounds with a lighter, the man would still only have a couple of hours without medical attention, which had been the last thing he had asked Lyndon for before his shaky bloos covered hand had written the name Pete and offered Lyndon a photo of the man, taken on his iphone. Of course the mans repeated request for an ambulance was one Lyndon ignored, offering the man a cold laugh instead of a 999 call. He'd left quickly after heading into London to finish this once and for all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its been a while! I've been super busy with universsity work and writers block.