Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Track 01: Rocks - Imagine Dragons

Cocking his head a few degrees to the right, Ryan stood outside an old little building on an empty dusty lot. The sun was unleashing pink shades into the five thirty morning sky and the wind had a slight chill from the cool night before. He was dressed in a white t-shirt with a green buttoned up cardigan that was rolled up at his elbows. A styrofoam cup of steaming coffee was clenched in his hand that was growing colder by the second.

“What are you doing?” a voice came from an open window.

He didn't look to see where the voice came from or flinch at the rusty window edges creak open. This was normal for the cool early fall morning. He scratched at his dirty blonde stubbled face deep in an early morning thought.

“Wondering if I should take down the Christmas lights.”

He cocked his head to the opposite side a few degrees and caught the blonde curls of the owner of the voice. She had her hair pulled back in a morning rush bun and stuck half of her body out of the window to get a better look at the roof. Nearly falling out of the window she looked and cocked an eyebrow as she spotted the rows of red, green, and white bulbs lining the roof.

“Huh... when did those get up there?”

“Never took them down from last Christmas,” Ryan took a sip from the lukewarm coffee.

“Meh, they've been there this long, just keep them up till next Christmas.”

Ryan gave a little snort as he shrugged liking that idea. Why go into the crikey garden shed to find an old ladder and be up there half the day? People only came out here into the middle of nowhere for their coffee anyway. If they came for the scenery, they would go down to their local Starbucks. Besides, Christmas is three months away, why wait?

“Now come on, we open in a half hour!”

Within minutes, all the windows of the one story old building were open and unleashing the rich smells of coffee into the world. Music was turned on, the coffee makers were melting the grounds, and Ryan was busy kneading up some fresh bread for the oven. Aprons were being tied and the blonde curly co-worker was shining up the name tags. She purposely made her “Cassie” name tag shine as bright as it could in order to blind him. This was her revenge for all the jokes he enjoyed to do on her. It was cute.

They snuck in a moment of Cassie stuffing Ryan's mouth with the last remains of a bottle of whipped cream before knuckling down.

As the clock counted down to six, their morning chores started to gain speed. They talked and laughed some more as they separated and continued opening their little store. Sweeping the floors, turning on lights, fixing everything that may be look bad. Every mosaic round table, and every lounge chair was to be perfect for that morning. Ryan finished baking and coffee flipping as Cassie walked to the metal chain to their “open” sign. Eying the artsy four numbered clock she counted down to the last seconds with her hand.

“Six o'clock,” she pulled the chain and unlocked the door, “Ground's Coffee Shop is now open for business.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I could have written so much more to this but then I knew I would be writing another ten pages continuing with the day. So I left it at an introduction.

Haven't written anything fun and simple in awhile. Been busy on gaia writing random things and getting out of an art rut. So it's nice to get writing again.