Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Track 04: Great Escape - Boys Like Girls

Cassie as still fuming by the time Ryan returned back to the shop after putting the posters around town. How dare he do that to her. Sure he didn't know why she reacted like she did but if anyone knew they wouldn't think she was dumb for doing so. But it's not like she was going to tell anyone that any time soon. By the time he had gotten back in was nearly three and the lunch rush was over and they were the only ones in the shop again. And because she was still angry at him for what he had done, the shop was unusually quiet as Cassie paged through the magazine on of the customers had left behind. Ryan was stocking the shelves, not that she care what he was doing, but she could hear him banging and clattering the various cans and things around in the storage room as he did so making her even more pissed.

"Throw it away, forget yesterday, we'll make the great escape. We won't hear a word they say, they don't know us anyway. Watch it burn, let it die, cause we are finally free tonight..."

Even though she was still mad, a smile involuntarily grew on her face as she heard the familiar song. She turned to see Ryan standing there with a sheepish smile on his face, holding Cassie's iPod with the cord attaching it to the stereo system.

"Don't be mad at me anymore," Ryan pouted and she could see the hope in his eyes that playing one of her favorite songs would get her out of her funk. And unfortunately, it did work. But she wasn't going to let him know about that right away. "I hate it when we fight. It's weird and depressing and its so awkward in here."

The song was still playing in the background and it was melting her mood more and more and now she wasn't able to hide the grin on her face as she stepped forward and hugged the younger boy. He was her best friend after all, the first person who actually showed he cared about her since she had left Oklahoma all those years ago. She had been on her way trying to find herself when she stopped in the shop to grab a cup of coffee before continuing on but they struck up a conversation and the rest was history. Ryan was the only one she told everything to, well, almost everything. That one little thing she swore she would take to the grave and never tell a soul. Not even her closest friend.

After a few moments, they pulled apart and Ryan gave a sheepish smile. "Sorry again about before. I didn't think I you would react like that. If I would have known I wouldn't have done it."

"It's ok," Cassie replied with a shrug before glancing up at the time. "Now c'mon, stop being a crabby patty and get ready for the after school rush. Classes let out ten minutes ago. All the little kiddies are due in at any moment."

Ryan just nodded and just as he turned to finish restocking, the door opened and the first of the afternoon rush started to trickle in. Cassie took orders that time while Ryan rushed around making and yelling out names of those whose coffee's were already made. Just as Cassie was taking another order, the door opened again and that time only one person walked in making her tilt her head curiously. Usually whenever students came in they came in groups of at least three. But this girl was different and she wore a frown on her face as she scanned the tables, obviously looking for someone and not finding them. The girl stepped into line and then waited, scanning the crowd every few minutes and still not finding the person that she was waiting for. When it was her turn in line, she gave her order and then pulled out her wallet as Cassie rang her up and then looked up from the register with a smile that wasn't returned.

"That'll be $3.20 please," Cassie said as the girl nodded. "And I'll need your name for your order."

"Georgia," was all the girl replied as she handed the change over and Cassie took the five she was handed and made change. There was something about this girl that intrigued her. Maybe it was the look of wanting to escape that Georgia wore as she took the change Cassie handed back and scanned the shop once again.

The girl quietly thanked her and stepped out of line so the next person could order and stood awkwardly in the small crowd that was forming by the pick up area. Cassie turned to see if Ryan needed any help as she listened to the next order the well dressed business man was giving her. But as usual Ryan was keeping up with the orders well. Some would think that with only two workers that it would be hectic and slow but somehow Cassie and Ryan managed and kept things going well. A well dressed kid who obviously worked out came in a while later and after he had his drink he scanned the room and then took the seat across from Georgia. Hmm. That must have been the girl was looking for the whole time and by the look that Cassie could see on the younger girls face, she wasn't happy that he was there at all.

"What are you looking at?" Ryan asked making Cassie jump at his closeness.

She turned and saw him standing next to her and let out the breath she was holding. "Those two kids over there. I think they're high school students. They look adorable together, like they would be a cute couple. But as you can tell by their faces, that they aren't too happy to be in the same room, let alone sitting across from each other."

"You're going to meddle aren't you?"

"Darn tootin' pudding pop. Care to by my partner in crime?"

She gave him her signature evil grin which he returned like she knew he would. "Don't mind if I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here you go. The other two main characters are somewhat introduced! Muahaha. Hope you guys are liking this so far. We've got three subscribers which I'm really appreciative of, so thank you guys! Now all we need are some comments! We'd love to hear what you guys think of this!!!! =}