Status: Just uploading prewritten chapters

Fanfic Seminar

1

"So, to start us off, we'd like to introduce ourselves and those we represent. My name is Payton Becks, but you can call me Becky, and I represent the 30 and older writers, just making it at 30! I also represent Fanfiction dot net." Becky gestured to Janie.

"Hey everybody! I'm Jane Sanders but EVERYBODY calls me Janie. I represent 20 to 29, as I am 21 and I am from Quizillia. Which means I have a cooler tittle: Quizillian!" She said proudly with a giant half-fake smile.

All the heads in the crowd turned to me: the last one. I stood far left on Janie's side. I gave a small smile I'm sure most could not see. The microphone didn't help much either.

"Hello. My name is Zelaniapatha Jones and because my first name is completely ridicules, I'd rather you call me Zel if it suits you. I represent the 19 and younger crowd. I'm 14 and a Mibbian, which is even cooler because it means I hail from Mibba." Janie glared at me as people in the crowd smiled. Becky gave a small laugh.

"There's a small rivalry between Mibbians and Quizillians you see. Both are amaizing sites which give you amazing titles and writers who up-one eachother every chance they get. Anywaaays! Back to the point. We're here today to talk some more about fanfiction and how it plays a huge role in a lot of peoples lives. The more encouragement you give, the more people will write, and the harder it will be to shut us down. So, we will each give our reasons for writing them and explain a different type after. Okay? Okay!" Becky took a breath, looking at the semi bored audience of rockers. "I started writing when I was around 20 because I loved, and still do, writing. It helped to have charactors developed so I could focus on creating one! It occupies a lot of free time too. Janie?" She said brightly to the now more bored audience.

"I started writing because I liked reading them and figure I'd give it a whirl! It's soooo much fun and I've made so many friends! Zel?" She said giving me another fake smile.

I looked to the audience who were completely bored. I decided to have some fun, plus they pissed me off.

"YO!" That got attention from EVERYONE and a lot of amused skeptical looks. "Now that I have your attention I'd like to sate my reasons! We'll get to a funner part a little later, just deal with it for now." I had full attention. Knew they'd like the attitude... "I write fanfiction because I can make the charactor have my problems and deal with them. I write it fanfic style because the people I choose are familiar and have helped me already. I also write the charactor to have my problems so that when the problems start happening again, I can think of that story and find comfort knowing there is a solution. No matter how ridicules the solution or situation I made, I still have that and it helps more than one would think." I got a few soft smiles. Gotta earn respect from these people if you want their attention.

"Yeeaaahh....so slash! Its between two charactors of the same gender or group!" Said the cheerful Becky.

"Fandom! A fandom is anything prewrittin, like a book or a movie or show!" Said little Miss Quizillian. It sounded lizard like.

"Bandom. A bandom is something written about a band. Shocking!" They seemed to like my slight sarcasm. "Bandoms are often considered fandoms cause the word bandom is realitively new."

"Fanfiction brings people together!"

"Gives you more friends!" They were losing them again.

"I feel really negative standing next to these two." That got some attention back. At least I wasn't happy as hell. "They're so cheery, gosh. Fanfiction is good, which is the topic of the random exclamations they made, because it gives you feedback. You can spend years writting in your room and finally put stuff out there, and get constructive critisism. It helps you grow as a writer and in some cases a person." I explained in my slightly deeper voice. Janie and Becky had such high pitched voices!

Looks of approval passed on some of the band member's faces.

"Um...okay! Yeah so um..." Becky didn't know what to do and Janie didn't either. Skeptical looks plastered themselves on the audience's faces.

"I don't really know what to say so I'll just go with something safe: any questions?" I asked. The girls looked at me in exasperation, but a few hands were raised.